From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Stephen Kitt
Sent: mardi 29 janvier 2019 17:25
To: tsc@...; discuss@...
Cc: netvirt-dev@...
Subject: [OpenDaylight TSC] Stable branches etc.

Hi,

In last week’s TSC call we had a brief discussion around the use of branches. One issue that comes up regularly is what to use the various branches for, and it occurred to me that we might be missing a branch (groan).

When we start the freeze, we cut stable branches, and since we’re trying to be ever more rigorous, those stable branches are only supposed to receive fixes for blocking bugs. What master is used for then is up to each project, but typically it ends up receiving patches for the next release cycle (Sodium now). What’s missing in this scenario is somewhere to queue patches for the next service release (Neon SR1), at least until the freeze is over and we thaw the stable branches.

Of course each project can set such a branch up manually if they so wish, but I’m wondering if projects would be interested in this as a general approach.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Stephen