Re: [release] Sodium SR4 discussion
Daniel de la Rosa
toggle quoted message Show quoted text
Robert and all,
As requested during DDF, here is the Aluminium preliminary checklist
As you can see, there is very little overlap with Sodium SR4 but please let us if you have any questions or concerns. Otherwise, please approve Sodium SR4
On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 6:53 AM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa=luminanetworks.com@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 10:54 PM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:Yes, please do. That would be great.On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:25 PM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa@...> wrote:Hello Robert and allHere is the Sodium SR4 schedule/checklist@Abhijit Kumbhare did you want me to setup a TSC vote to confirm this schedule?ThanksOn Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 10:23 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:On 12/06/2020 19:59, JamO Luhrsen wrote:
> Thanks for the concise state of affairs, Robert. I do agree that
> stable/sodium has
> a little weight behind doing an SR4, although I prefer this to not
> become any kind
> of normal process for us.
> Anyway, there are also quite a few open patches in sodium that could be
> as well as some abandoned patches to possibly revive. I know I was
> a few because I assumed sodium was dead for development:
> If we decide to do an SR4, we need to pick a date and then decide if it's
> a free for all, or to selectively allow work to come in.
Alright, so based on the TSC minutes from last week, the preliminary
date is set to end of August -- i.e. some 8 weeks away if I am counting
in freeze and other release activities.
Based on the usual MRI cadence that would be 2 more integrations between
now and then, but it is officially summer and I will just not be
bothered with deadlines :)
Instead I have created a single topic, and it will go in when it's
ready -- I suspect somewhere between now and end of July, given that it
needs an odlparent respin (because jackson decided to finally release
over the weekend, crossing with odlparent-5.0.8).
I do encourage people to contribute patches to that topic and
re-familiarize themselves with our CI capabilities, as it is the perfect
opportunity to learn about multipatch-build and similar things that
people asked about just today at the dev forum.
> On 6/11/20 11:19 PM, Robert Varga wrote:
>> Hey everyone,
>> we did cancel Sodium SR4, but as it seems, we do have some bugs in SR3
>> which would be nice to fix:
>> - jackson-databind has three security fixes scheduled for 126.96.36.199
>> - yangtools has three issues discovered in field staged for 3.0.12:
>> - mdsal has one codegen/runtime failure with models out in the wild
>> staged for 4.0.15:
>> - controller has two fixes staged:
>> plus a fixup of https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/CONTROLLER-1932
>> - netconf has some three patches, one of which is the fix that is being
>> requested for ONAP:
>> While the first three points pertain to MRI projects and thus can (and
>> will) be delivered off-SimRel, the latter two are MSI projects which
>> require spinning an autorelease.
>> Hence I think it would make sense to re-visit the decision to drop SR4,
>> so as to give us the last-delivery vehicle for these fixes. Perhaps it
>> was just the timing with other release trains which was hurting us?