Re: Next Hackfest Dates


Christopher Price <christopher.price@...>
 

Hi Rob,

I for one was very interested in using the HackFest to finalize this activity face to face.
I am a concerned however that if we delay any such decision until June we will have a difficult time to complete any activity in time for a release of the software in Q3.  

With the pre-condition the TSC has complete enough material to discuss and make a decision on…  I feel we may need to arrive at a conclusion prior to the HackFest and use that opportunity to iron out the details.  
To contradict myself somewhat I will add that if the material indicates the effort to resolve any actions is manageable from June onwards we may choose to defer final judgment until the HackFest.

Regards,
Chris

NB:
Opinion without conclusion/direction is not particularly helpful, but you pose a difficult question.



From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:50 AM
To: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Next Hackfest Dates

Question:

There was some talk (suggested by Chris Wright, IIRC) about trying to coordinate the controller merge proposals evaluation/decision process with the hackfest.  Now that the hackfest dates are being moved out, do we still want to do this?

I would suggest yes, but I wonder what others think.

- Rob
.


On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
Hello TSC:

As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.  While we were quite close on one upcoming date, we have had multiple requests to schedule the next hackfest later.  The new proposed date/location for the next hackfest is:

When: June 6th and 7th, 2013.
Where: Hotel Valencia at Santana Row (San Jose)

Pushing back the date provides a variety of benefits including more time for participants to make travel arrangements resulting in significantly higher attendance.

My apologies if this has caused anyone significant inconvenience.

TSC members, please let me know if you will be able to attend.

If there is reasonable representation from the TSC,  we will lock this date down and send a broader announcement to the full developer community.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
Skype: Phil.Robb

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Join TSC@lists.opendaylight.org to automatically receive all group messages.