On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Rob Sherwood
There was some talk (suggested by Chris Wright, IIRC) about trying to
coordinate the controller merge proposals evaluation/decision process with
the hackfest. Now that the hackfest dates are being moved out, do we still
want to do this?
I would suggest yes, but I wonder what others think.
I disagree. We have a fairly detailed proposal from the ODP community
on the table, and IMO we should use the hackfest as it should be used,
for people to write code and get things working. There are plenty of
opportunities in the existing proposal for people to do work in either
code base, on their own contributions, or something else.
In short, I see the merge question as resolved, at least structurally,
and I don't want to delay building the ODP community (and artifacts)
any further, which a delay such as you are suggesting would do.
Summary: (i). I see the merge question as basically resolved, and
(ii). I don't want to delay further on this question and using the
hackfest to retrace the Dixon-Ericsson proposal would do just that.
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.
While we were quite close on one upcoming date, we have had multiple
requests to schedule the next hackfest later. The new proposed
date/location for the next hackfest is:
When: June 6th and 7th, 2013.
Where: Hotel Valencia at Santana Row (San Jose)
Pushing back the date provides a variety of benefits including more time
for participants to make travel arrangements resulting in significantly
My apologies if this has caused anyone significant inconvenience.
TSC members, please let me know if you will be able to attend.
If there is reasonable representation from the TSC, we will lock this
date down and send a broader announcement to the full developer community.
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
TSC mailing list
TSC mailing list