Re: Next Hackfest Dates

Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...>

I personally would rather not delay the decisions that need to be made until June. 


From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:50 PM
To: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Next Hackfest Dates


There was some talk (suggested by Chris Wright, IIRC) about trying to coordinate the controller merge proposals evaluation/decision process with the hackfest.  Now that the hackfest dates are being moved out, do we still want to do this?

I would suggest yes, but I wonder what others think.

- Rob

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
Hello TSC:

As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.  While we were quite close on one upcoming date, we have had multiple requests to schedule the next hackfest later.  The new proposed date/location for the next hackfest is:

When: June 6th and 7th, 2013.
Where: Hotel Valencia at Santana Row (San Jose)

Pushing back the date provides a variety of benefits including more time for participants to make travel arrangements resulting in significantly higher attendance.

My apologies if this has caused anyone significant inconvenience.

TSC members, please let me know if you will be able to attend.

If there is reasonable representation from the TSC,  we will lock this date down and send a broader announcement to the full developer community.

Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
Skype: Phil.Robb

TSC mailing list

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.