Re: [E] [OpenDaylight TSC] Moderating mailinglists

Casey Cain

Ok.  Sorry for the slow reply.  I've spent a big chunk of time going through the Groups.io settings changing things up a bit to hopefully reduce the spam.  Unfortunately there is no way to bulk apply settings.
I have removed the ability for non-members to post to our mailing list.  They must at least be a member of announce@... to post (other than Security).  New members will have their first message moderated and then they should be automatically unmoderated after that.  I've also added Navid as a moderator.

Let's trial this for a bit and see what happens.  Hopefully we'll see a reduction in spam.  If there are any other community volunteers that wish to act as moderators, please let me know.

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:50 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 21/10/2021 19:48, Ghazisaidi, Navid wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I'll take care of it. Can you send me the credentials and links to the
> mailbox(es)?

The way this works is you get those emails to a mailbox of your
choosing. How to set it up -- I have no idea, but I bet Casey does know
exactly what to do :)

Thanks so very much,
Robert