Re: [E] [OpenDaylight TSC] Moderating mailinglists

Robert Varga

Hey Casey, everyone,
On 28/10/2021 20:03, Casey Cain wrote:
Ok.  Sorry for the slow reply.  I've spent a big chunk of time going through the Groups.io settings changing things up a bit to hopefully reduce the spam.  Unfortunately there is no way to bulk apply settings.
I have removed the ability for non-members to post to our mailing list. They must at least be a member of announce@... <mailto:announce@...> to post (other than Security). New members will have their first message moderated and then they should be automatically unmoderated after that.  I've also added Navid as a moderator.
Let's trial this for a bit and see what happens.  Hopefully we'll see a reduction in spam.  If there are any other community volunteers that wish to act as moderators, please let me know.
Ah, this sounds like something really workable. Can we get this into today's TSC notes, so we can find the policy in future?

Thanks to much,

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519
Book a Meeting w/ Casey <http://calendly.com/caseylf>
On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:50 AM Robert Varga <nite@... <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
On 21/10/2021 19:48, Ghazisaidi, Navid wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I'll take care of it. Can you send me the credentials and links
to the
> mailbox(es)?
The way this works is you get those emails to a mailbox of your
choosing. How to set it up -- I have no idea, but I bet Casey does know
exactly what to do :)
Thanks so very much,
Robert

<mailto:nite@...>