Re: [release] Sulfur code freeze

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello Robert

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 6:26 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 10/03/2022 06:39, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello Robert and all
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 12:58 PM Robert Varga <nite@...
> <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
>     On 07/03/2022 17:00, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>      > Hello TSC and all
>      >
>      > We are going to code freeze Sulfur for all Managed Projects ( cut
>     and
>      > lock release branches ) on Monday March  14th at 10 am UTC
>      >
>      > Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release
>     branch
>      > after code freezes
>       From MRI perspective, we are ... 5? ... months behind the
>     schedule. The
>     good news is that MDSAL-696, which was blocking yangtools-8 -> mdsal-9
>     integration is done and dusted.
>     Next steps are to integrate with:
>     - controller-5 (done unless maven-verify finds something)
>     - aaa-0.15 (should be a breeze)
>     - netconf-3 (not trivial, but the pieces should be mostly there)
>     - bgpcep-0.17 (not sure, if we pass this we should be okay overall)
>     As it stands, I expect the MRI projects to be ready to integrate on
>     Friday the 11th, with bgpcep-0.17 integration gating yangtools-8
>     release.
> great news, so sounds like we can still move forward with Sulfur code
> freeze on 9/14 ...

so a day has passed, I am up for an update:
- there was a regression (YANGTOOLS-1407) detected in lispflow
integration, that is taken care of
- is started,
with most of the patches in a reasonable shape
- of that, there are some prerequisites in OFP which can be merged --
and Sangwook already merged most of them
- there is a model-vs-code impedance in OFP, I will looking into that
tomorrow -- either the code needs to be adjusted or the model, both are
quite easy to do
- there is the same problem in lispflowmapping, I think I know the
answer, but fired an email at Lori to confirm
- both netconf and bgpcep builds are passing to ~50% mark

The major outstanding item are the MD-SAL regressions detected in ovsdb
(and same thing is biting netconf) and bgpcep, tracked as MDSAL-731 and
MDSAL-735 respectivelly.

Another day has passed :) so i guess we have to wait until these two are fixed to pick a RC?

I believe they are manifestations on of a problem with the new
RuntimeType code -- and seem to have a good idea as to what needs to be
done. I am currently working on a prototype. In terms of progress, it
needs a bit of work for a test drive, but so far the code challenges are
asking all the right questions, AFAICT.

If all goes well, I should have a fix ready tomorrow, but I won't know
until it's complete enough to face testing.


Join { to automatically receive all group messages.