Date

Re: [integration-dev] wiki pages not available

Luis Gomez

I think we are missing the URL to the old wiki. But also any link starting with wiki.opendaylight.org has to be either migrated to confluence or changed to old wiki URL.

On Feb 18, 2020, at 3:54 PM, JamO Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

Hi Casey,

I know we switched over the wiki dns last week, but I thought we'd still
have access to our old wiki and that google search results would not
be broken?

Every link I hit from a search result lands me on confluence with
a "Page Not Found".

Maybe I misunderstood?

Thanks,
JamO

wiki pages not available

JamO Luhrsen

Hi Casey,

I know we switched over the wiki dns last week, but I thought we'd still
have access to our old wiki and that google search results would not
be broken?

Every link I hit from a search result lands me on confluence with
a "Page Not Found".

Maybe I misunderstood?

Thanks,
JamO

Re: Aluminum Service Release Reduction Proposal

Robert Varga

On 12/02/2020 23:46, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
Folks,

There was a thread that Daniel had initiated about reducing the number
of SRs to two. That thread is here:

https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/release/topic/70065194#18549

I was going to reply to that thread to reignite the topic discussion
before we vote on it - but since the title was Magnesium and we have
decided the proposal was for Aluminum and beyond I am creating a new
thread to resume the conversation.

Daniel had created this SR schedule table in this page that I have
edited to make a little easier to see the proposed changes:

https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/hATTAQ
4 months between SR1 and SR2 just does not cut it for platform. MRI
projects operate on ~3 week releases, i.e. 5 iterations. Let's have a
discussion on how can we reconcile the two positions.

Anyway please review and provide your feedback. The exact dates may be a
little off (when I tried to make it more readable).

I will initiate a TSC vote next week.
So far a solid -1 from my side :)

Magnesium branch lock

Luis Gomez

To everyone: if a project got caught in the middle of patch review, the project should communicate ASAP the Release Manager which patches are affected, so they can be allowed for Magnesium.

BR/Luis

On Feb 17, 2020, at 7:40 PM, Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...> wrote:

Hello all,

As we agree, Magnesium has been locked. Please let us know if you have any questions

Thanks

Will not be able to attend TSC meeting this Friday (Feb. 21st)

Hema Gopalakrishnan

Hi,

  I won’t be able to attend the TSC meeting this Friday as it’s a local holiday.

Thanks,

Hema

Re: TSC Meeting Minutes Jan 30, 2020

Guillaume Lambert

Thanks for the info Abhijit.
It's a temporary measure and I have no visiblity how the situation will evolve.
Probably we still have a little time before raising the topic at the TSC.
I guess others communities are running into the same problem.
Maybe Vincent has more information about it.

Guillaume

Date: February 7, 2020 at 2:09:05 AM PST
To: Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>, Robert Varga <nite@...>, Ajay Lele <alele@...>
Cc: LAMBERT Guillaume IMT/OLN <guillaume.lambert@...>

Dear all,

I propose to publish the rest of my work on Path Computation, so you can have the opportunity to decide or not to include it in the release as we discussed during the last DDF. Note that my first change to implement path computation (see https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-858) is ready to be merged.

This week, the change https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/bgpcep/+/87048 proposed by Robert has been merged. However, this mass change implies at least a  change in the revision date of the API. This was not taken into account, certainly due to lack of time.

During the code review, Robert approved Guillaume's suggestion to change this revision dates and Guillaume proposed the change https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/bgpcep/+/87454. But, if you look at this change, a large amount of files (778 to be exact) has been modified, what complicates a "manual" analysis. The good news is that jenkins succeeds. That's potentially enough for a simple revision update. But in case of ....  clearly the situation is prone to give us an extra delay after the code freeze.

Everyone is doing their best and is very busy, especially Robert, so I am wondering if it is possible to extend delay before the code freeze for the BGPCEP project in order to have time to finalize the revision of the changes proposed by Orange and the possibility to merge them for the next Magnesium release.

Best Regards,

Olivier
--
<small_logo.png>

Olivier Dugeon
Orange Expert, Future Networks
Open Source Referent
Orange/IMT/OLN/WTC/IEE/iTeQ

fixe : +33 2 96 07 28 80
mobile : +33 6 82 90 37 85
olivier.dugeon@...

Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120

Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight Sodium SR2 release status

Anil Belur

Hi:

The rpms are now available on the CBS repositories, the documentation needs to be updated.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 8:26 AM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa@...> wrote:
Thanks Luis. Let me add documentation so the so the downloads page gets updated with the right links by David

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 12:38 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi everybody,

Sodium SR2 release is here:

See stage job [1], distribution sanity job [2] and release job [3].

BR/Luis

PS- Anil B, please make sure stable/sodium branch is unlocked.

On Feb 17, 2020, at 9:09 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 12/02/2020 05:17, Anil Belur wrote:
Hello All,

OpenDaylight Sodium SR2 version bump is complete and the repository has
been promoted. Nexus is still copying files over but should appear in
the next few hours.

Following activities need to be completed:
1. Self-managed projects: Need to proceed with releasing your project if
you are interested in being part of Sodium SR2 release.

dlux-0.9.2 is out there, it needs to be updated in the distro, if the
TSC so desires.

achetypes-1.2.2 is out there, docs update is pending here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/87820

Bye,
Robert

2. Release Distribution.
3. Build and release packages on the CentOS/CBS repositories.
4. Update ODL downloads page [0.].

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the release.

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html

Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120

Re: TSC Meeting Minutes Jan 30, 2020

Abhijit Kumbhare

Guillaume,

LFN is also hosting a small two day developer event just after ONES North America at the same venue - ODL folks who plan to attend will likely be meeting up there (assuming we have enough ODL folks attending the ONES). We can discuss this at the TSC meeting this week and create a signup sheet if needed.

Abhijit

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 5:51 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:
Hello

From what I understand in the minutes below, the next DDF is planned in Seoul for June.
Note that people from Orange can't confirm their venue at that date.
My company has temporarily suspended all travels to most countries in Asia, Korea included,
in order to avoid any healths risks related to the ongoing epidemic in China.

Guillaume

Please find & review the TSC meeting minutes below:

If you find something that needs to be amended, please let me know - we can update it on the confluence page above.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight Sodium SR2 release status

Daniel de la Rosa

[...]

Re: [release] ODL Gerrit maintenance February 15, 2020 @ 13:00 - 16:30 UTC

Andrew Grimberg

This work has been completed (though the replication of the NoteDb
changes is still in progress to GitHub, that should complete within the
next day or so).

We also took the time to update Jenkins to the latest version due to a
CVE that was released recently and put our systems at risk.

-Andy-

On 2020-02-06 14:27, Andrew Grimberg via Lists.Opendaylight.Org wrote:
What: The Linux Foundation will be upgrading Gerrit to the latest stable
release (3.1.x)

When: Saturday February 15, 2020 @ 13:00 - 16:30 UTC (05:00 - 08:30 PT)

Why: We've been testing the latest version of Gerrit on the LF system
for over 2 months now. We are reasonably confident that there will be no
degradation in system performance. However, ODL is one of our largest
Gerrit instances and you have a history of helping us work out the
wrinkles in our large deployment scenarios so you've targeted as our
next upgrade target.

Impact: Gerrit will be offline for all or part of the window as we do
the following:

* Convert the remaining database to NoteDB
* Upgrade to Gerrit 3.0.x
* Upgrade to Gerrit 3.1.x
* Rebuild all indexes

Jenkins will be put into shutdown mode prior to this and jobs will
either be stopped if they will complete in the middle of the window or
allowed to finish if they can complete before we take Gerrit offline.

What will people see with the change:

* The "old" Gerrit UI will no longer be available, it has been
deprecated since Gerrit 2.14 and 2.15 made the new UI the default. With
Gerrit 3 the old "GWT" UI is not available at all

* The use of refs/publish no longer works, if you are using a git-review
that is older than 1.28 you must upgrade or git-review will stop working
for you

* Git protocol v2 is now supported by Gerrit

* The transition to NoteDB means that _all_ comments, votes, and other
metadata that was previously stored in the DB are now available to
people to look at directly themselves as they will be stored in magic
refs inside the repo.

* NoteDB brings in the following new features:
- "hashtags" aka extra topics
- patchset descriptions

* We will be enabling _full_ replication to GitHub of all refs instead
of just the merged refs. This will mean that the GitHub replicas will
become 100% full backups of not just the merged code, but all proposed
changes along with the comments and voting, making it possible for
someone to pull a mirror clone from GitHub (or our Gerrit) and insert it
into a private Gerrit to inspect. A note on this, while we'll be
enabling this, it may take a day or two before the full replication
finishes as we're talking many thousands of new refs that have to stream
out to GitHub. For those concerned that this may become a privacy leak,
it is no more so than what already exists with the public repositories.
Will continue to _not_ replicate the All-Projects or All-Users repositories.

For those wishing to follow the progress of the maintenance you may
subscribe to the status page about it here [0]

-Andy-

[0] https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/12fkqg3rntf5

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering

Re: TSC Meeting Minutes Jan 30, 2020

Guillaume Lambert

Hello

From what I understand in the minutes below, the next DDF is planned in Seoul for June.
Note that people from Orange can't confirm their venue at that date.
My company has temporarily suspended all travels to most countries in Asia, Korea included,
in order to avoid any healths risks related to the ongoing epidemic in China.

Guillaume

Please find & review the TSC meeting minutes below:

If you find something that needs to be amended, please let me know - we can update it on the confluence page above.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Re: [Transportpce-dev] [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight Sodium SR2 release status

Guillaume Lambert

+ TSC and releases Mailing List

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/transportpce/+/87715