Date

FINAL REMINDER: ONES LFN/LFE Booth Demo Ideas Due Feb 26

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

We hope that you are planning to attend the Open Networking & Edge Summit North America, April 20-21, in Los Angeles, California. Those in attendance at the last four ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased many community-driven demos from the LFN technical project communities. Our goal is to showcase compelling uses of LFN Networking & LF Edge project technology to solve real world industry challenges. See this blog post from ONS Europe last fall to get a sense for what types of demos have been shown in the LF Networking Booth.

In 2020, the Open Networking & Edge Summit is expanding to comprehensively cover Edge Computing, Edge Cloud, and IoT. Accordingly, the community demo zone is expanding to consider demo proposals from the LF Edge project community as well. Another change for this year is that demo managers and co-presenters need to be from LF Networking or LF Edge member companies. Submissions that include vendor companies also require that the vendors be sponsors of the Open Networking & Edge Summit event. Note: There are many event sponsorship options available at all price levels including a sponsorship option for the LFN/LFE Pavilion demos specifically. Please see the event prospectus to review the options and let me know if you have any questions.

The call for demo ideas for the Open Networking & Edge Summit North America is now open.

Demos to be shown in the LFN/LFE booth will be chosen by LFN & LF Edge Project leadership using the following criteria:
  • Demos must include technology from at least one of the LF Networking or LF Edge projects (e.g. ONAP, OPNFV, Akraino, EdgeX Foundry)
    • Special consideration will be given to submissions that:
    • Showcase cross-project collaboration and integration
    • Map to a specific industry use case
    • Include participation and endorsement from a service provider organization
    • Show project diversity (e.g. projects not covered in other submissions)
The final number of demo stations is still TBD. Demos stations will again have a backdrop, signage, counter/table, chair(s) monitor, power, and Wi-Fi internet. Note: Apart from the event sponsorship requirement, there is no cost to host a standard demo in the LFN booth although additional power, internet, space, etc. may incur a cost.

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
  • Feb 5: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
  • Feb 26: Demo ideas submissions due at 11:59 PM PT
  • March 4: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
  • April 21-22: Demos shown at ONES North America
Demo manager responsibilities include:
  • Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
  • Responding promptly to requests for information
  • Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
  • Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
  • Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated team members to help share the load)
  • Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos
To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the following information:
  • Demo title (10 words max)
  • Brief demo description (200 words max)
  • List of demo manager(s) with contact information
  • List of open source projects involved
  • List of companies involved
  • Any extra requirements or special considerations
Submit your demo ideas by Feb 26th by filling in the Google Form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwjEfCcWUKMfiK404Uu51Zl70-8lqcRFCKKQ5vW3eeLOGAfw/viewform. If you cannot access the form, email bwick@... and I will send you the form over email.

Please let me know if you have any questions and we look forward to seeing your submissions!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Re: Magnesium Code Freeze

Anil Belur

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 3:48 PM Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...> wrote:
Hello TSC and all

We are going to code freeze Magnesium for all Managed Projects ( cut and lock release branch ) on Monday February 10th at 10 am pst.  Please let us know if you have any questions..

Hello all,

The version bumping and branch cutting (stable/magnesium) is complete and the master branch (aluminum) is now open for development. New jobs have been created on releng/builder to create new jobs for stable/magnesium.

Note: A reminder for projects to rebase their existing master branch patches to ensure they are building against the post version bumped versions of code base.

Re: skipping tsc call due to an emergency </eom>

Abhijit Kumbhare

No worries - take care.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 10:00 PM Faseela K <k.faseela@...> wrote:

--
Faseela.K
MEC 2k10

skipping tsc call due to an emergency </eom>

Faseela K <k.faseela@...>

--
Faseela.K
MEC 2k10

2020 LFN Governing Board Committer Representative Self-Nomination Period Open

Abhijit Kumbhare

Fyi.

From: Kenny Paul <kpaul@...>
Date: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [onap-tsc] Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program
To: <onap-tsc@...>

Reminder deadline for submissions is Feb. 28!

Please see the message below from Min Yu regarding the LFN 2020 mentorship program.  If you are interested in an intern project this year, please look at the info below. Note that the submission deadline is Feb. 28.

Thanks!

-kenny

From: Min Yu <myu@...>

[...]

Regards,

Min

--

Min Yu

Operations Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1(530) 902-6464 (m)

Re: [integration-dev] wiki pages not available

Luis Gomez

Right, I think Abhijit proposal of keeping old wiki URL may be the only short term solution, even if that will slow down the confluence adoption :(

On Feb 19, 2020, at 12:36 PM, Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

On 2/19/20 12:13 PM, Casey Cain wrote:
The team is adding an updated 404 page that should be ready shortly.  It will read something like:

We're sorry, this page can't seem to be found.
If you're looking for information on LF Networking please try https://wiki.lfnetworking.org.
If you are looking for information on OpenDaylight, please note that the page you are looking for may not be migrated to our new site or may be found on a different URL. Please try https://wiki.opendaylight.org
If you are still having trouble finding what you're looking for, please refer to the OpenDaylight wiki archive found at https://wiki-archive.opendaylight.org

I did a few Google searches myself and I did not see any erroneous links.  Can we get some examples?  If so, we can build links that point to the proper location.

they will be numerous, in my experience:

first link in a search for how to delete a flow:
  https://bit.ly/2V7xX6a

first 3 links for what I was looking for yesterday:
  https://bit.ly/2v0HfG7

first 2 links in search for opendaylight netconf project:
  https://bit.ly/2ucMVfU

just a few quick ones so you can see what I mean.

JamO

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 11:36 AM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Just as a follow up.  I'm still looking into options with the team right now.  Google searches should not be sending people to the wrong links.
I will try to provide an update today or in the morning.

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 5:57 AM FREEMAN, BRIAN D <bf1936@...> wrote:

At least have Conflunce have  a note on the 404 page so that random folks can be guided to wiki-archive .

I spent 30 minutes yesterday looking for some transportPCE documentation and couldn’t get to it.

Brian