Date

Re: [integration-dev] [release] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL Jenkins maintenance window - 1600-1800 PST, Mar 01, 2020.

Abhijit Kumbhare

Thanks for the update. Hopefully gets resolved soon.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 11:14 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello all,

The maintenance work is now complete. We've had to copy all plugins from sandbox over to releng, since resolving the dependencies manually is not straight forward and Jenkins plugin management does not handle dependencies as well as packaging. We have an existing backup of the plugin directory. Going forward, if we have any missing plugins on the production/releng that will need to be installed.

Note: we are seeing a metadata issue on the cloud, when the nodes are coming online, which is causing the Jenkins jobs to fail. I'm working with the cloud provider to get this resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 1:35 PM Anil Belur via Lists.Opendaylight.Org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
What: LF will perform maintenance on ODL Jenkins servers to upgrade the plugins to the latest.

When: 1600-1800 PST, Sunday, Mar 01, 2020

Why: The latest OpenStack API requires OpenStack-clouds plugin updated and also many other plugins outdated and require to be updated.

Impact: All ODL Jenkins (sandbox/releng) may be inaccessible during this time and
Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window.

Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and in #opendaylight on Freenode at the start and end of the maintenance.

Re: [release] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL Jenkins maintenance window - 1600-1800 PST, Mar 01, 2020.

Anil Belur

When: 1600-1800 PST, Sunday, Mar 01, 2020

Why: The latest OpenStack API requires OpenStack-clouds plugin updated and also many other plugins outdated and require to be updated.

Impact: All ODL Jenkins (sandbox/releng) may be inaccessible during this time and
Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window.

Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and in #opendaylight on Freenode at the start and end of the maintenance.

Re: [release] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL Jenkins maintenance window - 1600-1800 PST, Mar 01, 2020.

Anil Belur

With the Jenkins plugin updates on production, we are seeing some dependencies errors between plugins is causing Jenkins to throw up errors on boot.
Working on resolving the dependencies ATM.

Dependency errors:
Some plugins could not be loaded due to unsatisfied dependencies. Fix these issues and restart Jenkins to restore the functionality provided by these plugins.
Pipeline: Groovy version 2.80
Script Security Plugin version 1.58 is older than required. To fix, install version 1.63 or later.
Command Agent Launcher Plugin version 1.4
Script Security Plugin version 1.58 is older than required. To fix, install version 1.68 or later.
Jenkins Git plugin version 4.1.1
Script Security Plugin version 1.58 is older than required. To fix, install version 1.66 or later.
JMS Messaging Plugin version 1.1.13
Script Security Plugin version 1.58 is older than required. To fix, install version 1.68 or later.
Downstream dependency errors:
These plugins failed to load because of one or more of the errors above. Fix those and these plugins will load again.
Pipeline: Declarative Extension Points API version 1.5.1
Pipeline: Groovy version 2.80 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Pipeline Graph Analysis Plugin version 1.10
Pipeline: Groovy version 2.80 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Pipeline version 2.6
Pipeline: Stage View Plugin version 2.13 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Pipeline: Stage View Plugin version 2.13
Pipeline: REST API Plugin version 2.13 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Forensics API Plugin version 0.7.0
Pipeline: Groovy version 2.80 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Maven Cascade Release Plugin version 1.3.2
Jenkins Git plugin version 4.1.1 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Pipeline: Declarative version 1.5.1
Pipeline: Shared Groovy Libraries version 2.15 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Pipeline: Shared Groovy Libraries version 2.15
Pipeline: Groovy version 2.80 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Warnings Next Generation Plugin version 8.0.0
Forensics API Plugin version 0.7.0 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Pipeline: Multibranch version 2.21
Pipeline: Groovy version 2.80 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Gradle Plugin version 1.36
Pipeline: Groovy version 2.80 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Docker Pipeline version 1.22
Pipeline: Groovy version 2.80 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Pipeline: REST API Plugin version 2.13
Pipeline Graph Analysis Plugin version 1.10 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.
Pipeline: Declarative Agent API version 1.1.1
Pipeline: Declarative Extension Points API version 1.5.1 failed to load. Fix this plugin first.

When: 1600-1800 PST, Sunday, Mar 01, 2020

Why: The latest OpenStack API requires OpenStack-clouds plugin updated and also many other plugins outdated and require to be updated.

Impact: All ODL Jenkins (sandbox/releng) may be inaccessible during this time and
Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window.

Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and in #opendaylight on Freenode at the start and end of the maintenance.

TSC Meeting Agenda for Feb 27, 2020 at 9 am Pacific

Abhijit Kumbhare

Next TSC meeting is Feb 27, 2020 at 9 am Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/219174946.

Agenda for this meeting is at:

If you need to add anything, please let me know or feel free to add to the page.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Re: Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program

Abhijit Kumbhare

Reminder to everyone - please check the email below and submit your proposals soon. As mentioned below, the deadline is Feb 28th and please try to submit it before that date. However the ODL TSC can reduce our review time of the proposal to allow you a week extension to submit i.e. March 6. So please get in your proposals latest by March 6th which is next Friday.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:39 PM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Today, we’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program. This is the first year we're bringing all community intern/mentor projects under the LF Networking umbrella to launch with an integrated program schedule and program operations/management. The Program is intended to provide a formal structure to connect mentors and student developers from around the globe to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building sustainable LFN communities.

 Why should you consider mentoring for LF Networking Mentorship Program?
  • You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive member of the community.
  • You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors,
  • You are eager to bring in new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
  • You have a narrowly scoped mentorship project with clear learning objectives/outcomes and a mentee's work and potential contributions could add value to the project or community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.
 I am interested in mentoring but how do I get started?
What are the elements the LFN Mentorship Program will implement to maximize mentor/mentee collaboration success?
  • Mentor and mentee onboarding will be conducted at the start of the Program
  • Mentor and mentee guide will be available as part of the Linux Foundation CommunityBridge Mentorship initiative
  • Project planning that includes deliverables, milestones, and tasks will be completed collaboratively between the mentors and mentees during the first two weeks of the program and posted on the wiki to increase transparency and accountability.
  • Mentee presentations will be required to sharpen both presentation skills and to cultivate the ability to provide constructive feedback and critique that’s the norm in the open source community for developing technologies collaboratively and openly.
  • Mentee evaluation will be conducted on a regular cadence tied to milestone deliverable schedules to help mentors and LFN staff formalize and respond to progress.
While mentors will be on a voluntary basis, the hired mentees will be eligible to receive a stipend. As an added bonus, each mentee who successfully completes the Program will be invited and financially sponsored by LF Networking to attend an event/conference and present their work to the broader community (specific event TBD but will be during Q3 or Q4 of this year or Q1 of the following year).

If you have any questions, please contact mentorship@...

We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the LF Networking communities.

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

[OpenDaylight Marketing] FINAL REMINDER: ONES LFN/LFE Booth Demo Ideas Due Feb 26

Abhijit Kumbhare

I believe this email goes to the TSC as well - forwarding just in case it has not.

From: Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Date: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 5:31 PM
Subject: 2020 LFN Governing Board Committer Representative Self-Nomination Period Open

 Hello, everyone.

This is to inform you that the self-nomination period for the LFN Governing Board Committer Representative (LGBMCR) has started.  If you have received this email, you have been identified as an eligible candidate.
Role:
  • The role of the LFN Governing Board Member Committers Representative (LGBMCR) is to represent the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing board.  The expectation of the LGBMCR is to attend all LFN Governing board meetings (and any appropriate ancillary meetings), gather input from the committer community for issues raised at the board level, and to communicate to the committer community key activities from board.
  • LGBMCR is elected for the 1 year. Re-election is not possible.

If you are interested in becoming the technical representative to the Governing Body, please self-nominate at the link below by March 4th, 2020.

Voting will begin on March 5th, 2020 and close by March 19th, 2020 at 5pm Pacific Time.

If you would like more information on the LGBMCR, please see https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/AgIiAQ or reach out to your community Technical Program Manager / Community Architect.

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Re: Will not be able to attend TSC meeting this Friday (Feb. 21st)

d.arunprakash@...

+1

Thanks,

Arun

  I won’t be able to attend the TSC meeting this Friday as it’s a local holiday.

Thanks,

Hema

[...]

TSC Meeting for Feb 20, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific - Agenda

Abhijit Kumbhare

Next TSC meeting is Feb 20, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/657152618.

Agenda for this meeting is at:

If you need to add anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program

Casey Cain

[...]

Hi folks,

I just noticed this email on the ONAP mailing list - but this applies to ODL as well. If you are interested in an intern project please check out the info below by Mi Yu - and please read the whole email from Min Yu. I will follow up on why it was not sent on ODL mailing list and whether we can have a deadline extended because of that.

In the meantime, please be aware of the current deadlines of the program:

2020 Program Schedule*

  • January 27 - February 28 (5 weeks): Community members who are interested in mentoring submit project proposals
  • March 2 - March 13 (2 weeks): Individual Project TSC reviews and approves projects
  • March 16: List of approved projects announced and the program officially launched
  • March 16 - April 24 (6 weeks): Mentee application period
  • April 27 - May 15 (3 weeks): Mentee application review and applicant interview
  • May 15 - Top mentee candidates are identified
  • May 18 - May 22 (1 week): Finalize mentee cohort and selected mentees complete HR contracting paperwork
  • May 25 - May 29 (1 week): Mentee and mentor onboarding
  • June 1: All mentees officially begin
    • full-time program: June 1 - August 21
    • part-time program: June 1 - November 13

*The program dates are subject to change without advanced notice.

Thanks,
Abhijit

From: Min Yu <myu@...>

[...]

Regards,

Min

--

Min Yu

Operations Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1(530) 902-6464 (m)

Re: [integration-dev] wiki pages not available

Luis Gomez

Right, I think Abhijit proposal of keeping old wiki URL may be the only short term solution, even if that will slow down the confluence adoption :(

On Feb 19, 2020, at 12:36 PM, Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

On 2/19/20 12:13 PM, Casey Cain wrote:
The team is adding an updated 404 page that should be ready shortly.  It will read something like:

We're sorry, this page can't seem to be found.
If you're looking for information on LF Networking please try https://wiki.lfnetworking.org.
If you are looking for information on OpenDaylight, please note that the page you are looking for may not be migrated to our new site or may be found on a different URL. Please try https://wiki.opendaylight.org
If you are still having trouble finding what you're looking for, please refer to the OpenDaylight wiki archive found at https://wiki-archive.opendaylight.org

I did a few Google searches myself and I did not see any erroneous links.  Can we get some examples?  If so, we can build links that point to the proper location.

they will be numerous, in my experience:

first link in a search for how to delete a flow:
  https://bit.ly/2V7xX6a

first 3 links for what I was looking for yesterday:
  https://bit.ly/2v0HfG7

first 2 links in search for opendaylight netconf project:
  https://bit.ly/2ucMVfU

just a few quick ones so you can see what I mean.

JamO

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 11:36 AM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Just as a follow up.  I'm still looking into options with the team right now.  Google searches should not be sending people to the wrong links.
I will try to provide an update today or in the morning.

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 5:57 AM FREEMAN, BRIAN D <bf1936@...> wrote:

At least have Conflunce have  a note on the 404 page so that random folks can be guided to wiki-archive .

I spent 30 minutes yesterday looking for some transportPCE documentation and couldn’t get to it.

Brian