Date

Re: Nexus IQ Q&A

Thanh ha <zxiiro@...>

There is a way we can get pretty close to a release report by using the relevant release branch CLM report from the distribution project as that is a scan that includes all projects that participated in the distribution release. Unfortunately it seems like almost all CLM jobs are failing [0] and I'm not sure why but the Sonatype reporting column no longer exists in the CLM view which made it very handy to jump directly to the latest CLM reports :(

In any case it looks like one of the mdsal jobs are passing [1] so using this as an example there is a link to jump directly to the report that job created. So for larger autorelease related reports I would recommend using the various distribution job streams to investigate the latest report for the branch we want to investigate a report for. Unfortunately with all of the CLM jobs currently busted it seems like we're blocked (I'll open a ticket with LF support).

IMO the most important CLM report for the ODL TSC is the distribution one so that one should always be working, and evaluated by the security team as it includes a full scan of whatever was included in the distribution and the version of each component in the distribution report will reflect the current versions from the distribution's stable/branch build (which get's us pretty close to what KKS is looking for I think).

Hope this helps,
Thanh

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 12:37 PM Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...> wrote:
To the best of my knowledge Nexus IQ doesn't have any idea or concept of
your releases outside of version numbers of artifacts that it is told to
analyze.

As for what Nexus IQ actually scans, that's dependent on what the POM
file is going to build, the reactor pulls in for dependencies along with
what is defined in the job itself for artifacts types to scan.

The default Maven CLM job which ODL projects all use has the following
default scan parameters [0]

You'll notice that we're basically picking up all standard Java build
artifacts in that. If a project wanted to override it they would just
need to provide a nexus_iq_scan_patterns override.

The order of operations of the CLM jobs is to essentially just make a
call to `maven dependency:tree com.sonatype.com:clm-maven-plugin:index`
with a few other parameters. So it's going to do whatever it needs to to
get to that lifecycle stage which means downloading build dependencies,
building the artifacts and then running the scan and posting the results
to Nexus IQ for evaluation

-Andy-

[0]
https://github.com/lfit/releng-global-jjb/blob/master/jjb/lf-maven-jobs.yaml#L156-L161

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering

Re: Nexus IQ Q&A

Andrew Grimberg

Luis and Casey,

<mailto:ecelgp@...>> wrote:

Hi Casey,

KKS (and maybe others) has some questions on how to use
Nexus IQ (get filtered reports, etc) as well as how Nexus
IQ elaborates the reports (source code, binaries,
distribution tarball, etc).

Are there any docs in LF on this? If not, can you get
someone in LF familiar with Nexus IQ to present it in a
TWS call?

Thanks
Luis
--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering
The Linux Foundation

TSC Meeting for May 14, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific - Agenda

Abhijit Kumbhare

Next TSC meeting is May 14, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/657152618.

Agenda for this meeting is at:

Abhijit

Re: OpenFlow committer nomination for Somashekhar Javalagi

Abhijit Kumbhare

Congrats Somashekhar!

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 9:17 PM SOMASHEKHAR MANOHARA JAVALAGI <somashekhar.manohara.javalagi@...> wrote:

Thanks everyone voting for me. Thanks Arun, for bringing this forward.

Regards,

Somashekhar