Date

Re: Aluminium SR2 RC.. CSIT check

Luis Gomez

On Jan 14, 2021, at 8:43 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/openflowplugin-csit-1node-cbench-only-aluminium/320/console.log.gz
completely failed on infra side:

WARN: Failed to initialize stack. Reason: Resource CREATE failed: Forbidden: resources.vm_1_group.resources[0].resources.instance: Quota exceeded for cores: Requested 2, but already used 450 of 450 cores (HTTP 403) (Request-ID: req-e2ae036a-ee57-498e-bdb0-b28ce57f0da7)

Anil, Luis, you were engaged in what needs to be done about this
particular failure -- I guess it did not get resolved. Can we make it
the top priority, please?

Bye,

Hello all..Aluminium branch has been code freeze and I picked a RC

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/341/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/341/>

Here is the CSIT check so team please review it ASAP

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YDGhffcLVgxqPUpBEYBecp0cj7pq3Rrn108iyj0UdUI/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YDGhffcLVgxqPUpBEYBecp0cj7pq3Rrn108iyj0UdUI/edit?usp=sharing>

Thanks

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 7:19 PM Daniel de la Rosa via
lists.opendaylight.org <http://lists.opendaylight.org>
<ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...
<mailto:gmail.com@...>> wrote:

   Great, thanks! I have asked @Anil Belur
   <mailto:abelur@...>  to code freeze Aluminium in
   this ticket
   https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21329.
   <https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21329.>..

   I'll pick a RC sometime this week

   thanks

   On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 4:54 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
   <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I'll wait on you update before
       moving forward
The patches are lined up here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic
       <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic>:"mri-aluminium-sr2"

Multipatch is running here:

       https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-multipatch-test-aluminium/53/
       <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-multipatch-test-aluminium/53/>

Let's see how it goes.

So it took three tries to get past lispflowmapping's test
       suite, but #55
passed.

       https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21317
       <https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21317>
is the ticket for supercommitter rights, I'll merge the
       patches as soon
as those rights are granted.

Okay, this is now being merged, expect distcheck/autorelease
       failures to
start to happen for stable/aluminium in about 20 minutes.

I'll update here when it's done.

       This is now done, things should be back to normal.

       Bye,
       Robert

Re: Aluminium SR2 RC.. CSIT check

Robert Varga

<mailto:nite@...>> wrote:

> On 12/01/2021 00:25, Robert Varga wrote:
>>> The patches are lined up here:
>>> https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic
<https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic>:"mri-aluminium-sr2"

>>> Multipatch is running here:

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-multipatch-test-aluminium/53/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-multipatch-test-aluminium/53/>

>>> Let's see how it goes.
>>
>> So it took three tries to get past lispflowmapping's test
suite, but #55
>> passed.

https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21317
<https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21317>
>> is the ticket for supercommitter rights, I'll merge the
patches as soon
>> as those rights are granted.
>
> Okay, this is now being merged, expect distcheck/autorelease
failures to
> start to happen for stable/aluminium in about 20 minutes.
>
> I'll update here when it's done.

This is now done, things should be back to normal.

Bye,
Robert

Aluminium SR2 RC.. CSIT check

Daniel de la Rosa

Great, thanks! I have asked @Anil Belur  to code freeze Aluminium in this ticket https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21329...

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 4:54 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> On 12/01/2021 00:25, Robert Varga wrote:
>>> The patches are lined up here:
>>> https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:"mri-aluminium-sr2"
>>>
>>> Multipatch is running here:
>>> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-multipatch-test-aluminium/53/
>>>
>>> Let's see how it goes.
>>
>> So it took three tries to get past lispflowmapping's test suite, but #55
>> passed.
>>
>> https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21317
>> is the ticket for supercommitter rights, I'll merge the patches as soon
>> as those rights are granted.
>
> Okay, this is now being merged, expect distcheck/autorelease failures to
> start to happen for stable/aluminium in about 20 minutes.
>
> I'll update here when it's done.

This is now done, things should be back to normal.

Bye,
Robert

Re: LFX Insights: Get a 360° View of Your Project Confirmation

Luis Gomez

This week session is about project dashboard, which I think I already know. Given the difficulty of finding a suitable time for the TSC meeting, I will also skip this LFX session.

BR/Luis

On Jan 13, 2021, at 2:05 AM, <guillaume.lambert@...> <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Hi Luis,

I was not planning to attend it but it’s a little pity.
Will you show at the TSC meeting tomorrow ? if not, would you like to propose anything ?

From: "Stephanie Rubenstein" <no-reply@...>
Date: January 7, 2021 at 10:30:54 PM PST

Hi Luis Gomez,

Thank you for registering for "LFX Insights: Get a 360° View of Your Project".

Please submit any questions to: srubenstein+webinar@...

Date Time: Jan 14, 2021 09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Re: LFX Insights: Get a 360° View of Your Project Confirmation

Guillaume Lambert

From: "Stephanie Rubenstein" <no-reply@...>

Date: January 7, 2021 at 10:30:54 PM PST

Hi Luis Gomez,

Thank you for registering for "LFX Insights: Get a 360° View of Your Project".

Please submit any questions to: srubenstein+webinar@...

Date Time: Jan 14, 2021 09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Re: [release] Code Freeze Aluminium as part of SR2 Release

Daniel de la Rosa

From: "Stephanie Rubenstein" <no-reply@...>
Date: January 7, 2021 at 10:30:54 PM PST

Hi Luis Gomez,

Thank you for registering for "LFX Insights: Get a 360° View of Your Project".

Please submit any questions to: srubenstein+webinar@...

Date Time: Jan 14, 2021 09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

TSC Meeting for January 14, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Guillaume Lambert

Greetings and best wishes OpenDaylight Community,

Next TSC meeting is January 14, 2021 at 9 am Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/219174946?pwd=aW9uSXl0KzJpcjRXY3l1bWIwdG9KZz09

The agenda proposal for this meeting is available at the following URL: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/phgF
If you need to add anything, please let me know or add it there. The meeting minutes will be at the same location after the meeting is over.

Please note that our  next developper forum is scheduled at the beginning of February. Registration is free, but required. Topic Proposals are due this Friday 15th January.

As it is my first communication as a TSC chair, I would like to take this opportunity to warmly thank my predecessor Abhijit, both in my name and on behalf of the community.

[...]

TAC and SPC Representative Election

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The election for the OpenDaylight representative to the Technical Advisory Council and the Strategic Planning Committee has begun.  All Elected TSC members and Project Team Leads are eligible to self-nominate and vote.  If you are interested in one of these positions you can find out more information and self-nominate here:
  • SPC
    • The SPC has the dual role of helping to set the strategy for the LFN portfolio of projects as a whole and providing Projects visibility into the directions of the Governing Board.
  • TAC
    • The role of the Technical Advisory Council is to facilitate communication and collaboration among the Technical Projects in the LFN.
The self-nomination period will last from today to 21 January 2021.  Good luck to all candidates.

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

Re: TSC Meeting for January 7, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific - Agenda

Luis Gomez

Thanks Cedric and same wishes to you and your community OPNFV/CNTT.

Casey, will you please update this page at your earliest convenience: https://www.opendaylight.org/about/governance/tsc

Also note that some bios have been updated so better copying from here: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/2021+OpenDaylight+TSC+Election

BR/Luis

On Jan 7, 2021, at 11:40 PM, cedric.ollivier via lists.opendaylight.org <cedric.ollivier=orange.com@...> wrote:

Hi,

I wish you all the best for 2021!

Cédric

From: "LF Engineering Team" <no-reply@...>
Subject: Get started with LFX - Learn tools and best practices to help your projects thrive
Date: January 5, 2021 at 3:21:49 PM PST

Register now for our upcoming LFX webinar series

Join us for a new series of webinars where we'll walk you through getting started with LFX and share examples of how you can leverage these tools to streamline your project operations, grow your ecosystem, and build trust within your community.

Thursday, January 14th
LFX Insights: Get a 360° View of Your Project

» Register Now

Wednesday, January 20th
LFX Security: Help Secure the Open Source Ecosystem

» Register Now

Learn More

What is LFX?

The Linux Foundation has evolved a proven methodology to transform projects into category leaders. LFX operationalizes this approach, providing a suite of tools built to facilitate every aspect of open source development and address key challenges facing today’s developers. All Linux Foundation members and hosted projects received access to the toolkit last month, and now we want to show you what they’re all about. These webinars are designed to help you get the most out of the LFX toolkit.

» Learn More About LFX

This email was sent by: The Linux Foundation
548 Market St,. PMB 57274 San Francisco, CA, 94104-5401, United States

 Subscription Center

Re: TSC Meeting for January 7, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific - Agenda

Abhijit Kumbhare

Happy new year Robert. I understand what you are saying - good luck!

Happy new year to everyone else!

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 2:31 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

happy new year (upcoming or current) :)

On 07/01/2021 01:41, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:

> *PLEASE NOTE* - the TSC Chair election will take place during the
> meeting. TSC members if you cannot make the meeting, please let Casey
> know so he can make arrangements (one possible option: have the vote
> started before the meeting so you can vote offline).

On this point, I have had some time to evaluate things over the holidays
and have decided to withdraw my self nomination.

The long of it is that past 4 weeks have shown my expertise will be
sorely needed on the technical more than expected -- and prioritizing
that against the load involved with being a TSC chair something I know
will not work well for one of sides.

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for January 7, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific - Agenda

Luis Gomez

Happy new year Robert and everyone,

I have been also thinking during the holidays (although I did not get much of PTO)

I would like to schedule some time (later this month) for the new TSC and anyone who wishes to join to discuss about ODL strategy.

You heard me in the last DDF talking about expanding ODL perception beyond YANG to attract more SDN devs, cloud native folks, etc. Well now I think we should probably invest more time and effort promoting what we are best at: YANG.

I quickly made a google search on 'open source sdn', and we are on top of the list :)

However if I do a search on 'open source yang', the first entry for ODL is at 20th position and points to the yangtools project: https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/stable-magnesium/developer-guide/yang-tools.html

This tells me that even when we all here know that ODL is fundamentally a YANG platform, it is the SDN aspect that really makes it out there, and so it is possible that we are neglecting users that are interested in YANG but not necessary in SDN. Does this make sense?

BR/Luis

On Jan 7, 2021, at 2:31 PM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

[...]

Is there a condorcet link for voting or how is this suppose to happen?

On Jan 6, 2021, at 4:41 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Next TSC meeting is January 7, 2021, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/657152618?pwd=cU9MR3daMkU5dnhaektTMkxXWEErUT09.

Agenda for this meeting is at:

PLEASE NOTE - the TSC Chair election will take place during the meeting. TSC members if you cannot make the meeting, please let Casey know so he can make arrangements (one possible option: have the vote started before the meeting so you can vote offline).

Thanks,
Abhijit

881 - 900 of 14318