Date

Re: [integration-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Aluminium SR2 release status

Daniel de la Rosa

Thanks Luis. So we are not updating the downloads page for Aluminium SR2 right? we have release notes though

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 9:40 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
OK, although we are not going to officially release Aluminium SR2, I went ahead and released the distribution for completeness and also in case someone wants to use this release for testing purposes:

BR/Luis

On Jan 28, 2021, at 2:37 PM, <guillaume.lambert@...> <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

I  agree with the suggestion to skip Al SR2.

De : Luis Gomez [mailto:ecelgp@...]
Envoyé : jeudi 28 janvier 2021 22:11
À : Venkatrangan Govindarajan
Cc : Daniel de la Rosa; Oleksii Mozghovyi; THOUENON Gilles TGI/OLN; integration-dev@...; Anil Belur; Casey Cain; Jordan Conway; LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN; Release; Robert Varga; TSC; Transportpce-dev@...
Objet : Re: [integration-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Aluminium SR2 release status

Well, since the odl-restconf feature includes both draft and RFC8040 API, I believe this bug is effectively a security hole with a non trivial workaround even for the draft users (e.g. repack the restconf feature to skip RFC8040).

So my suggest is to skip Aluminium SR2 official release. Other TSC (or not TSC) opinions?

BR/Luis

On Jan 28, 2021, at 10:33 AM, Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...> wrote:

The problem occurs if the RFC8040 is used

curl http://127.0.0.1:8181/rests/data/network-topology:network-topology  -v
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) port 8181 (#0)
> GET /rests/data/network-topology:network-topology HTTP/1.1
> Host: 127.0.0.1:8181
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< ETag: "2013-10-21-network-topology"
< Last-Modified: 2021-Jan-28 18:31:25
<
* Connection #0 to host 127.0.0.1 left intact
{"network-topology:net

It does not require authorization. The  issue seems to be recreated.

வியா., 28 ஜன., 2021, பிற்பகல் 11:46 அன்று, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> எழுதியது:
Thanks Oleksii... IMHO, this issue is not a show stopper for Aluminium SR2 but please confirm

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:09 AM Oleksii Mozghovyi <Oleksii.Mozghovyi@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

This issue is related only to the RFC8040 implementation of the RESTconf, so you have to use a proper endpoint for the testing, for example:

The thing is that {apiRoot}/restconf is managed by a different web initializer and doesn't have such an issue.