Date   

Silicon SR3 TSC approval

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello TSC 

Please proceed to approve Silicon SR3


Re: [E] Re: [release] Silicon SR3 release.... jsron rpc issues

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello Robert and all

It seems that Silicon AR # 461 is all green so I have asked TSC to approve as SR3

Thank you all

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 2:33 PM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...> wrote:


On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 1:09 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 01/11/2021 16:16, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Thanks for the update Sangwook and Richard. I think that this fixed the
> problem so @Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...>  and team, are we ok to
> pick up AR #458/Integration #489 as SR3?
>
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/489/
> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/489/>

Looks okay to me, I have triggered
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-distribution-mri-test-silicon/74/
for completeness' sake.


Before the maintenance, I checked and there were still some python issues but not sure if they related to inf... I guess we have to wait one more day

Thanks

 
Regards,
Robert


>
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 7:56 PM Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...
> <mailto:sangwook.ha@...>> wrote:
>
>     In the JSONRPC test 'pyzmq' & 'zmq' modules are installed using pip
>     installed with yum. But the modules were not installed successfully,
>     and the read service failed to start.
>
>     This patch addresses the issue by running the script in a Python
>     virtual environment:
>     https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98247
>     <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98247>
>
>     Thanks,
>     Sangwook
>
>     On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:48 PM Richard Kosegi
>     <richard.kosegi@... <mailto:richard.kosegi@...>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Daniel and all,
>
>         Seems like python2 related issue [1]
>         It might be possible to fix that by s/python/python3/g in
>         JSONRPC keywords.
>         I may find some time during the weekend to look into that, but
>         this is definitely not a problem in JSONRPC itself, but rather
>         mock service incompatibility.
>
>         Regards,
>         Richard
>
>         1.
>         https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/480/robot/report/log.html#s1-t1-k4-k11
>         <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_jsonrpc-2Dcsit-2D1node-2Dbasic-2Donly-2Dsilicon_480_robot_report_log.html-23s1-2Dt1-2Dk4-2Dk11&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=6vkGarAiyiTicGLCq4oVARZ0clt9ldRkp9lVCM5snek&e=>
>
>
>         On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 05:31, Daniel de la Rosa
>         <ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>> wrote:
>
>             Hello Richard and all
>
>             We are trying to release Silicon SR3 and there seems to be
>             some issues with jsron rpc
>
>             https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/
>             <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_integration-2Ddistribution-2Dtest-2Dsilicon_&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=LelZOTmhWEMkR_C0NUEZ0RvTFSNnWuiUsdftPOERE2c&e=>
>
>             https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/
>             <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_jsonrpc-2Dcsit-2D1node-2Dbasic-2Donly-2Dsilicon_&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=0uygJ6khllK8nwmtu-FW9_B5A0B6xQzLj3Nnd2n1wLc&e=>
>
>             please let us know if you can help us resolve this issue
>
>
>             Thanks
>
>             --
>             Daniel de la Rosa
>             ODL Release Manager
> >


Re: [E] Re: [release] Silicon SR3 release.... jsron rpc issues

Daniel de la Rosa
 



On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 1:09 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 01/11/2021 16:16, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Thanks for the update Sangwook and Richard. I think that this fixed the
> problem so @Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...>  and team, are we ok to
> pick up AR #458/Integration #489 as SR3?
>
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/489/
> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/489/>

Looks okay to me, I have triggered
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-distribution-mri-test-silicon/74/
for completeness' sake.


Before the maintenance, I checked and there were still some python issues but not sure if they related to inf... I guess we have to wait one more day

Thanks

 
Regards,
Robert


>
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 7:56 PM Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...
> <mailto:sangwook.ha@...>> wrote:
>
>     In the JSONRPC test 'pyzmq' & 'zmq' modules are installed using pip
>     installed with yum. But the modules were not installed successfully,
>     and the read service failed to start.
>
>     This patch addresses the issue by running the script in a Python
>     virtual environment:
>     https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98247
>     <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98247>
>
>     Thanks,
>     Sangwook
>
>     On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:48 PM Richard Kosegi
>     <richard.kosegi@... <mailto:richard.kosegi@...>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Daniel and all,
>
>         Seems like python2 related issue [1]
>         It might be possible to fix that by s/python/python3/g in
>         JSONRPC keywords.
>         I may find some time during the weekend to look into that, but
>         this is definitely not a problem in JSONRPC itself, but rather
>         mock service incompatibility.
>
>         Regards,
>         Richard
>
>         1.
>         https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/480/robot/report/log.html#s1-t1-k4-k11
>         <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_jsonrpc-2Dcsit-2D1node-2Dbasic-2Donly-2Dsilicon_480_robot_report_log.html-23s1-2Dt1-2Dk4-2Dk11&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=6vkGarAiyiTicGLCq4oVARZ0clt9ldRkp9lVCM5snek&e=>
>
>
>         On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 05:31, Daniel de la Rosa
>         <ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>> wrote:
>
>             Hello Richard and all
>
>             We are trying to release Silicon SR3 and there seems to be
>             some issues with jsron rpc
>
>             https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/
>             <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_integration-2Ddistribution-2Dtest-2Dsilicon_&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=LelZOTmhWEMkR_C0NUEZ0RvTFSNnWuiUsdftPOERE2c&e=>
>
>             https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/
>             <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_jsonrpc-2Dcsit-2D1node-2Dbasic-2Donly-2Dsilicon_&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=0uygJ6khllK8nwmtu-FW9_B5A0B6xQzLj3Nnd2n1wLc&e=>
>
>             please let us know if you can help us resolve this issue
>
>
>             Thanks
>
>             --
>             Daniel de la Rosa
>             ODL Release Manager
> >


Re: TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Robert Varga
 

On 28/10/2021 13:08, Robert Varga wrote:
    For SR1, we should be okay to freeze by the end of next week --
    depending what the outstanding items are in NETCONF.


ok good to know. I'll keep SR1 schedule as it is then. Please keep us posted
Kernel projects are ready, we have a few patches in bgpcep, I expect them to land today.
This bump has been completed as well on both Phosphorus and Sulfur branches, MRI projects are good to go AFAICT.

Regards,
Robert


Re: [E] Re: [release] Silicon SR3 release.... jsron rpc issues

Robert Varga
 

On 01/11/2021 16:16, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Thanks for the update Sangwook and Richard. I think that this fixed the problem so @Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...>  and team, are we ok to pick up AR #458/Integration #489 as SR3?
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/489/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/489/>
Looks okay to me, I have triggered https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-distribution-mri-test-silicon/74/ for completeness' sake.

Regards,
Robert


On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 7:56 PM Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@... <mailto:sangwook.ha@...>> wrote:
In the JSONRPC test 'pyzmq' & 'zmq' modules are installed using pip
installed with yum. But the modules were not installed successfully,
and the read service failed to start.
This patch addresses the issue by running the script in a Python
virtual environment:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98247
<https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98247>
Thanks,
Sangwook
On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:48 PM Richard Kosegi
<richard.kosegi@... <mailto:richard.kosegi@...>> wrote:
Hi Daniel and all,
Seems like python2 related issue [1]
It might be possible to fix that by s/python/python3/g in
JSONRPC keywords.
I may find some time during the weekend to look into that, but
this is definitely not a problem in JSONRPC itself, but rather
mock service incompatibility.
Regards,
Richard
1.
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/480/robot/report/log.html#s1-t1-k4-k11
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_jsonrpc-2Dcsit-2D1node-2Dbasic-2Donly-2Dsilicon_480_robot_report_log.html-23s1-2Dt1-2Dk4-2Dk11&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=6vkGarAiyiTicGLCq4oVARZ0clt9ldRkp9lVCM5snek&e=>
On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 05:31, Daniel de la Rosa
<ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>> wrote:
Hello Richard and all
We are trying to release Silicon SR3 and there seems to be
some issues with jsron rpc
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_integration-2Ddistribution-2Dtest-2Dsilicon_&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=LelZOTmhWEMkR_C0NUEZ0RvTFSNnWuiUsdftPOERE2c&e=>
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jenkins.opendaylight.org_releng_view_autorelease_job_jsonrpc-2Dcsit-2D1node-2Dbasic-2Donly-2Dsilicon_&d=DwMFaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=tFlYQtdB5h1Aic2Ti7Ncev9qFTcOZoMgJ6CVN_sDUdU&m=HiV4HBLZ5x9YrrnXK4ow9o-lOZLknuU0vEI5pfdbN1k&s=0uygJ6khllK8nwmtu-FW9_B5A0B6xQzLj3Nnd2n1wLc&e=>
please let us know if you can help us resolve this issue
Thanks
--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Re: [E] Re: [release] Silicon SR3 release.... jsron rpc issues

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Thanks for the update Sangwook and Richard. I think that this fixed the problem so @Robert Varga  and team, are we ok to pick up AR #458/Integration #489 as SR3?


On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 7:56 PM Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...> wrote:
In the JSONRPC test 'pyzmq' & 'zmq' modules are installed using pip installed with yum. But the modules were not installed successfully, and the read service failed to start.

This patch addresses the issue by running the script in a Python virtual environment:

Thanks,
Sangwook

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:48 PM Richard Kosegi <richard.kosegi@...> wrote:
Hi Daniel and all,

Seems like python2 related issue [1]
It might be possible to fix that by s/python/python3/g in JSONRPC keywords.
I may find some time during the weekend to look into that, but this is definitely not a problem in JSONRPC itself, but rather mock service incompatibility.

Regards,
Richard


On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 05:31, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Hello Richard and all

We are trying to release Silicon SR3 and there seems to be some issues with jsron rpc



please let us know if you can help us resolve this issue


Thanks

--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Phosphorus SR1 code freeze

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello TSC and all

We are going to code freeze Phosphorus for all Managed Projects ( cut and lock release branches ) on Monday November 8th at 10 am pst

Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch after code freezes

Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager

Thanks

ps. Release schedule and checklist for your reference



--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Re: [E] Re: [release] Silicon SR3 release.... jsron rpc issues

Sangwook Ha
 

In the JSONRPC test 'pyzmq' & 'zmq' modules are installed using pip installed with yum. But the modules were not installed successfully, and the read service failed to start.

This patch addresses the issue by running the script in a Python virtual environment:

Thanks,
Sangwook

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:48 PM Richard Kosegi <richard.kosegi@...> wrote:
Hi Daniel and all,

Seems like python2 related issue [1]
It might be possible to fix that by s/python/python3/g in JSONRPC keywords.
I may find some time during the weekend to look into that, but this is definitely not a problem in JSONRPC itself, but rather mock service incompatibility.

Regards,
Richard


On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 05:31, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Hello Richard and all

We are trying to release Silicon SR3 and there seems to be some issues with jsron rpc



please let us know if you can help us resolve this issue


Thanks

--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


proxy for next TSC meeting

Guillaume Lambert
 

Hello

 

I will be on PTO the whole next week and won’t be able to attend the next TSC meeting.

So that it doesn’t block Si SR3 approval, Shweta will be my proxy.

 

Best Regards

Guillaume

 

De : TSC@... [mailto:TSC@...] De la part de Daniel de la Rosa
Envoyé : jeudi 21 octobre 2021 15:48
À : TSC; Release
Objet : [OpenDaylight TSC] Silicon code freeze for SR3

 

Hello TSC and all

 

We are going to code freeze Silicon for all Managed Projects ( cut and lock release branches ) on Monday October 25th at 10 am pst

 

Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch after code freezes

 

Daniel de la Rosa

ODL Release Manager

 

Thanks

 

ps. Release schedule and checklist for your reference

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks

 

--

Daniel de la Rosa

ODL Release Manager

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Re: TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Brandon Wick
 

Great, thank you!



On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 7:12 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Hi Brandon

 

This looks fine for me

BR

Guillaume

 

De : Brandon Wick [mailto:bwick@...]
Envoyé : mercredi 27 octobre 2021 04:18
À : LAMBERT Guillaume INNOV/NET
Cc : Filip Čúzy; TSC; Daniel de la Rosa; Casey Cain
Objet : Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

 

Thank you Guillaume. How does this look? 

 

 

Once final, I'll add it to main navigation and we can start promoting on social/email, etc. 

 

Best, 

 

Brandon

 

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 8:08 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Thank you Brandon and Filip.

I think we should add the following line to the feature list.

 

"[TransportPCE] end-to-end connectivity management of high rates (400G) and otn service improvements"

Especially if the previous content in Google docs will not be reused.

About
the few sentences, here is what I propose:

"I am very happy to announce the 15th release of OpenDaylight, which is still holding a reference position in the network controllers
opensource ecosystem. This release comes with a lot of nice improvements, fruits of the hard work done over the past releases. They should please developers as well as end-users."

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Guillaume


De : Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
Envoyé : mardi 26 octobre 2021 03:54:04
À : Filip Čúzy
Cc : LAMBERT Guillaume INNOV/NET; TSC; Daniel de la Rosa; Casey Cain
Objet : Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

 

Thank you Filip for pulling this together. It's exactly what we were looking for. Guillaume, I agree the Phosphorus release page would benefit from a quote with your perspective. In the page copy, Filip has proposed some key points that you could incorporate and put into your own words. We'd like to get the page published this week so please propose your short quote as soon as possible. If you'd like to discuss the quote, feel free to reach out. Thanks!

 

Best, 

 

Brandon

 

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 6:27 AM Filip Čúzy <filip.cuzy@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

I was out of office during the last call. We tried creating a spin on the release notes/announcement, which would incorporate a technical view, as well as some more easy-going and more story-telling approach to changes in the latest release.

 

I realize there is a Google doc available for changes, but since we overwrote most of it, here is a PDF of it attached.

 

Also, Guillaume as the chair could add some ca. two sentences as a direct quote about the latest release – please.

 

Let me know what all of you are thinking.

 

Filip Čúzy

Marketing Specialist

 

PANTHEON .tech

Mlynské Nivy 56, 821 05 Bratislava

Slovakia

Tel / +421 220 665 111

 

MAIL / filip.cuzy@...

WEB / https://pantheon.tech

 

From: TSC@... <TSC@...> On Behalf Of Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 9:39 PM
To: TSC <tsc@...>
Cc: Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...>; Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Subject: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

 

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

 

Next TSC meeting is October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:

 

If you need to add anything, please let me know or add it there.
The meeting minutes will be at the same location after the meeting is over.

Best Regards
Guillaume



_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.
 
This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

 

 

Brandon Wick

Senior Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

+1.917.282.0960

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.
 
This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

 

 

Brandon Wick

Senior Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

+1.917.282.0960

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.



Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960


Re: TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Guillaume Lambert
 

Hi Brandon

 

This looks fine for me

BR

Guillaume

 

De : Brandon Wick [mailto:bwick@...]
Envoyé : mercredi 27 octobre 2021 04:18
À : LAMBERT Guillaume INNOV/NET
Cc : Filip Čúzy; TSC; Daniel de la Rosa; Casey Cain
Objet : Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

 

Thank you Guillaume. How does this look? 

 

 

Once final, I'll add it to main navigation and we can start promoting on social/email, etc. 

 

Best, 

 

Brandon

 

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 8:08 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Thank you Brandon and Filip.

I think we should add the following line to the feature list.

 

"[TransportPCE] end-to-end connectivity management of high rates (400G) and otn service improvements"

Especially if the previous content in Google docs will not be reused.

About
the few sentences, here is what I propose:

"I am very happy to announce the 15th release of OpenDaylight, which is still holding a reference position in the network controllers
opensource ecosystem. This release comes with a lot of nice improvements, fruits of the hard work done over the past releases. They should please developers as well as end-users."

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Guillaume


De : Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
Envoyé : mardi 26 octobre 2021 03:54:04
À : Filip Čúzy
Cc : LAMBERT Guillaume INNOV/NET; TSC; Daniel de la Rosa; Casey Cain
Objet : Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

 

Thank you Filip for pulling this together. It's exactly what we were looking for. Guillaume, I agree the Phosphorus release page would benefit from a quote with your perspective. In the page copy, Filip has proposed some key points that you could incorporate and put into your own words. We'd like to get the page published this week so please propose your short quote as soon as possible. If you'd like to discuss the quote, feel free to reach out. Thanks!

 

Best, 

 

Brandon

 

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 6:27 AM Filip Čúzy <filip.cuzy@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

I was out of office during the last call. We tried creating a spin on the release notes/announcement, which would incorporate a technical view, as well as some more easy-going and more story-telling approach to changes in the latest release.

 

I realize there is a Google doc available for changes, but since we overwrote most of it, here is a PDF of it attached.

 

Also, Guillaume as the chair could add some ca. two sentences as a direct quote about the latest release – please.

 

Let me know what all of you are thinking.

 

Filip Čúzy

Marketing Specialist

 

PANTHEON .tech

Mlynské Nivy 56, 821 05 Bratislava

Slovakia

Tel / +421 220 665 111

 

MAIL / filip.cuzy@...

WEB / https://pantheon.tech

 

From: TSC@... <TSC@...> On Behalf Of Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 9:39 PM
To: TSC <tsc@...>
Cc: Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...>; Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Subject: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

 

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

 

Next TSC meeting is October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:

 

If you need to add anything, please let me know or add it there.
The meeting minutes will be at the same location after the meeting is over.

Best Regards
Guillaume



_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.
 
This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

 

 

Brandon Wick

Senior Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

+1.917.282.0960

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.
 
This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

 

 

Brandon Wick

Senior Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

+1.917.282.0960

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Re: Silicon SR3 release.... jsron rpc issues

Richard Kosegi <richard.kosegi@...>
 

Hi Daniel and all,

Seems like python2 related issue [1]
It might be possible to fix that by s/python/python3/g in JSONRPC keywords.
I may find some time during the weekend to look into that, but this is definitely not a problem in JSONRPC itself, but rather mock service incompatibility.

Regards,
Richard


On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 05:31, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Hello Richard and all

We are trying to release Silicon SR3 and there seems to be some issues with jsron rpc



please let us know if you can help us resolve this issue


Thanks

--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Silicon SR3 release.... jsron rpc issues

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello Richard and all

We are trying to release Silicon SR3 and there seems to be some issues with jsron rpc



please let us know if you can help us resolve this issue


Thanks

--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


TSC Meeting (28-Oct-2021)

Venkatrangan Govindarajan
 

Hi,

 I am unable to join the meeting today, there is an adhoc debug session at work. Will ensure not to miss the TSC meeting in the future. Sorry for late notice.



--
Venkatrangan Govindarajan
( When there is no wind...Row )


Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Sangwook Ha
 

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:33 AM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Thanks for the update Robert. I'll pick a Silicon SR3 RC later today. I guess i can do it during today's TSC meeting 

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 4:08 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 22/10/2021 07:03, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> HI Robert
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 9:20 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
> <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
>
>     On 21/10/2021 15:51, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>      > Hello all
>
>     Hey Daniel,
>
>     Sorry for not replying to your previous email.
>
>
> no worries
>
>
>      > Luis and I won't be able to attend this week's meeting. I have
>     requested
>      > a code freeze for Silicon in preparation for SR3. i'll be
>      > updating checklist for Phosphorus SR1 shortly
>
>     So BGPCEP should be now fine for SR3.
>
>     I am rolling MRI projects for both SR3 and SR1 (as you might have
>     noticed). I will need tomorrow to finish up with NETCONF for SR3, so we
>     should be good to roll on Monday.

The SR3 bumps are complete. There seem to be three failing tests:

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/openflowplugin-csit-1node-cbench-only-silicon/
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/ovsdb-csit-3node-upstream-clustering-only-silicon/
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/


There was some strange IO spike during the failed test case, so this may be caused by system issues:


22:32:10 ---> sar -b -r -n DEV:
22:32:10 Linux 3.10.0-1160.42.2.el7.x86_64 (centos-7-robot-61570b7b-84a4-9364-f4e9-9b07c2ac6177.vexxhost.loc) 	10/28/2021 	_x86_64_	(2 CPU)
22:32:10 
22:32:10 04:50:56 AM       LINUX RESTART
22:32:10 
22:32:10 04:52:01 AM       tps      rtps      wtps   bread/s   bwrtn/s
22:32:10 04:53:01 AM     74.97      0.87     74.10     21.99   9405.26
22:32:10 04:54:01 AM     34.81      7.48     27.33    247.04   4690.71
22:32:10 04:55:01 AM     34.01      4.50     29.51    712.99   3853.10
22:32:10 04:56:01 AM      3.32      0.00      3.32      0.00    131.47
22:32:10 04:57:01 AM      0.30      0.00      0.30      0.00      4.13
22:32:10 04:58:01 AM      0.22      0.00      0.22      0.00      2.20
...
22:32:10 05:10:01 AM      0.27      0.00      0.27      0.00      3.48
22:32:10 05:11:01 AM      0.23      0.00      0.23      0.00      2.60
22:32:10 05:12:01 AM      3.53      3.25      0.28     52.62      4.40
22:32:10 05:13:01 AM    345.42    322.57     22.85   4074.75   1117.04
22:32:10 05:14:01 AM      0.73      0.00      0.73      0.00     10.24
...
---

OVSDB test failure is caused by the issue with the entity ownership information retrieval, and this patch should fix it:


 
The first one seems to be flapping, I am not sure about the other two.

>     For SR1, we should be okay to freeze by the end of next week --
>     depending what the outstanding items are in NETCONF.
>
>
> ok good to know. I'll keep SR1 schedule as it is then. Please keep us
> posted

Kernel projects are ready, we have a few patches in bgpcep, I expect
them to land today.

Regards,
Robert

---
Thanks,
Sangwook 


Re: [E] [OpenDaylight TSC] Moderating mailinglists

Robert Varga
 

Hey Casey, everyone,
On 28/10/2021 20:03, Casey Cain wrote:
Ok.  Sorry for the slow reply.  I've spent a big chunk of time going through the Groups.io settings changing things up a bit to hopefully reduce the spam.  Unfortunately there is no way to bulk apply settings.
I have removed the ability for non-members to post to our mailing list. They must at least be a member of announce@... <mailto:announce@...> to post (other than Security). New members will have their first message moderated and then they should be automatically unmoderated after that.  I've also added Navid as a moderator.
Let's trial this for a bit and see what happens.  Hopefully we'll see a reduction in spam.  If there are any other community volunteers that wish to act as moderators, please let me know.
Ah, this sounds like something really workable. Can we get this into today's TSC notes, so we can find the policy in future?

Thanks to much,
Robert

Best,
Casey Cain
Senior Technical Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519
Book a Meeting w/ Casey <http://calendly.com/caseylf>
On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:50 AM Robert Varga <nite@... <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
On 21/10/2021 19:48, Ghazisaidi, Navid wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I'll take care of it. Can you send me the credentials and links
to the
> mailbox(es)?
The way this works is you get those emails to a mailbox of your
choosing. How to set it up -- I have no idea, but I bet Casey does know
exactly what to do :)
Thanks so very much,
Robert

>
> Thanks,
> Navid
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:26 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
<mailto:nite@...>
> <mailto:nite@... <mailto:nite@...>>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>
>     we sorely need people moderating our mailing lists.
>
>     The jobs description is simple:
>
>     1) setup filters to redirect approvals to a separate folder
>     2) look at that folder at least once a day, doing:
>     2a) delete spam
>     2b) send an empty reply to valid emails
>
>     Step 1) is required because groups.io <http://groups.io>
<http://groups.io <http://groups.io>> just does
>     not have any spam
>     filter, so you get all sorts of offers. S2N is probably
around 0.05.
>     The
>     good thing about is you know how most favorite spams on the
internet
>     look like.
>
>     This is a critical job, as it makes our conversations with
potential
>     new
>     members fluid, as oftentimes they do not subscribe and ignore the
>     message groups.io <http://groups.io> <http://groups.io
<http://groups.io>> sends them.
>
>     Any immediate takers or persons willing to find volunteers,
please?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Robert
>
>     P.S.: Just a data point: in last 8 hours I got one new subscriber
>     notification and 7 spam messages in that folder.
>
>     
>


Re: [E] [OpenDaylight TSC] Moderating mailinglists

Casey Cain
 

Ok.  Sorry for the slow reply.  I've spent a big chunk of time going through the Groups.io settings changing things up a bit to hopefully reduce the spam.  Unfortunately there is no way to bulk apply settings.
I have removed the ability for non-members to post to our mailing list.  They must at least be a member of announce@... to post (other than Security).  New members will have their first message moderated and then they should be automatically unmoderated after that.  I've also added Navid as a moderator.

Let's trial this for a bit and see what happens.  Hopefully we'll see a reduction in spam.  If there are any other community volunteers that wish to act as moderators, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Senior Technical Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519


On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:50 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 21/10/2021 19:48, Ghazisaidi, Navid wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I'll take care of it. Can you send me the credentials and links to the
> mailbox(es)?

The way this works is you get those emails to a mailbox of your
choosing. How to set it up -- I have no idea, but I bet Casey does know
exactly what to do :)

Thanks so very much,
Robert

>
> Thanks,
> Navid
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:26 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
> <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>
>     we sorely need people moderating our mailing lists.
>
>     The jobs description is simple:
>
>     1) setup filters to redirect approvals to a separate folder
>     2) look at that folder at least once a day, doing:
>     2a) delete spam
>     2b) send an empty reply to valid emails
>
>     Step 1) is required because groups.io <http://groups.io> just does
>     not have any spam
>     filter, so you get all sorts of offers. S2N is probably around 0.05.
>     The
>     good thing about is you know how most favorite spams on the internet
>     look like.
>
>     This is a critical job, as it makes our conversations with potential
>     new
>     members fluid, as oftentimes they do not subscribe and ignore the
>     message groups.io <http://groups.io> sends them.
>
>     Any immediate takers or persons willing to find volunteers, please?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Robert
>
>     P.S.: Just a data point: in last 8 hours I got one new subscriber
>     notification and 7 spam messages in that folder.
>
>     
>


Re: TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Thanks for the update Robert. I'll pick a Silicon SR3 RC later today. I guess i can do it during today's TSC meeting 

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 4:08 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 22/10/2021 07:03, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> HI Robert
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 9:20 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
> <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
>
>     On 21/10/2021 15:51, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>      > Hello all
>
>     Hey Daniel,
>
>     Sorry for not replying to your previous email.
>
>
> no worries
>
>
>      > Luis and I won't be able to attend this week's meeting. I have
>     requested
>      > a code freeze for Silicon in preparation for SR3. i'll be
>      > updating checklist for Phosphorus SR1 shortly
>
>     So BGPCEP should be now fine for SR3.
>
>     I am rolling MRI projects for both SR3 and SR1 (as you might have
>     noticed). I will need tomorrow to finish up with NETCONF for SR3, so we
>     should be good to roll on Monday.

The SR3 bumps are complete. There seem to be three failing tests:

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/openflowplugin-csit-1node-cbench-only-silicon/
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/ovsdb-csit-3node-upstream-clustering-only-silicon/
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/

The first one seems to be flapping, I am not sure about the other two.

>     For SR1, we should be okay to freeze by the end of next week --
>     depending what the outstanding items are in NETCONF.
>
>
> ok good to know. I'll keep SR1 schedule as it is then. Please keep us
> posted

Kernel projects are ready, we have a few patches in bgpcep, I expect
them to land today.

Regards,
Robert


Re: TSC Meeting for October 21, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Robert Varga
 

On 22/10/2021 07:03, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
HI Robert
On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 9:20 AM Robert Varga <nite@... <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
On 21/10/2021 15:51, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello all
Hey Daniel,
Sorry for not replying to your previous email.
no worries

> Luis and I won't be able to attend this week's meeting. I have
requested
> a code freeze for Silicon in preparation for SR3. i'll be
> updating checklist for Phosphorus SR1 shortly
So BGPCEP should be now fine for SR3.
I am rolling MRI projects for both SR3 and SR1 (as you might have
noticed). I will need tomorrow to finish up with NETCONF for SR3, so we
should be good to roll on Monday.
The SR3 bumps are complete. There seem to be three failing tests:

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/openflowplugin-csit-1node-cbench-only-silicon/
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/ovsdb-csit-3node-upstream-clustering-only-silicon/
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/jsonrpc-csit-1node-basic-only-silicon/

The first one seems to be flapping, I am not sure about the other two.

For SR1, we should be okay to freeze by the end of next week --
depending what the outstanding items are in NETCONF.
ok good to know. I'll keep SR1 schedule as it is then. Please keep us posted
Kernel projects are ready, we have a few patches in bgpcep, I expect them to land today.

Regards,
Robert


TSC Meeting for October 28, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific

Guillaume Lambert
 

Hello OpenDaylight Community,
Next TSC meeting is October 28, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:
If you need to add anything, please let me know or add it there.
The meeting minutes will be at the same location after the meeting is over.


Best Regards

Guillaume

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

301 - 320 of 14246