Date

Re: [OpenDaylight Infrastructure] Gerrit update at 4:00pm PST today.

Jessica Wagantall <jwagantall@...>

Hi Team!..

Small reminder.. this is about to start

Thanks!
Jess

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 12:11 PM Jessica Wagantall <jwagantall@...> wrote:
Dear community,

We have a small change in ODL Gerrit ready to be merged at 4:00pm PST today.

This change will allow links to jira.linuxfoundation.org to be properly directed when
using "LF-Jira" in your commit messages:

We do not expect any service downtime and we expect this to be fairly quick,
however you might notice a small glitch during this time.
Please know that this will be under control.

Thanks so much!
Jess

[OpenDaylight Infrastructure] Gerrit update at 4:00pm PST today.

Jessica Wagantall <jwagantall@...>

Dear community,

We have a small change in ODL Gerrit ready to be merged at 4:00pm PST today.

This change will allow links to jira.linuxfoundation.org to be properly directed when
using "LF-Jira" in your commit messages:

We do not expect any service downtime and we expect this to be fairly quick,
however you might notice a small glitch during this time.
Please know that this will be under control.

Thanks so much!
Jess

Re: [E] Re: [release] Phosphorus SR1 RC

Daniel de la Rosa

Thanks Luis

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 4:22 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
OK, int/test changes are merged now.

On Nov 23, 2021, at 3:36 PM, Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...> wrote:

3 integration/test patches for OpenFlow Plugin are ready for review (submitted one more to address an EOS test case):

Luis, please take a look at the changes.

Thanks,
Sangwook

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 12:08 PM Sangwook Ha via lists.opendaylight.org <sangwook.ha=verizon.com@...> wrote:
In addition to the integration/test change 98642, we need some additional changes for OpenFlow Plugin tests to support the stricter URL requirements & status code change (204 for RPC with empty response):

I'm running some test jobs in the sandbox now, and should be ready for review.

Thanks,
Sangwook

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 11:23 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

> it seems that there are still BGPCEP, OVSDB and OFP issues
>
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/
> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/>

Okay, so BGPCEP should be all clear, the RESTCONF regression blocking
OFP perf tests is resolved.

One of the OVSDB failures has a controller tracker, but we won't be able
to fix it for SR1.

Th eonly outstanding item I am currently tracking is this:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98642

Luis, can you review it, please?

So this is what we are getting after all these fixes...

two OFP tests are still failing.. are we ok with picking RC with these two issues? @Robert Varga @Luis Gomez @Ha, Sangwook ?

Jenkins jobs: maven-3.8 as default

Robert Varga

Hello TSC members,

during infrastructure-side preparation for odlparent-10's requirement of maven-3.8+ in Sulfur, we have discovered an issue with our current JJB setup.

It essentially means that attempts to override job group definitions' use of maven-3.5 are fruitless.

After sparing a bit with Anil on Slack, we have concluded that the cleanest solution is to:
- set our default to mvn38
- remove all current overrides of this default

This would result in all our jobs using maven-3.8, including Silicon and Phosphorus.

This change is purely in our build infrastructure and nothing changes in terms of the ability to build Silicon/Phosphorus projects with maven-3.5+.

In terms of compatibility, I have been using maven-3.8.2+ for all local builds for a couple of months now and experienced no issues at all.

There is another angle to this, which is that maven-3.8.1 is a security, as detailed here:
https://maven.apache.org/docs/3.8.1/release-notes.html#cve-2020-13956
https://maven.apache.org/docs/3.8.1/release-notes.html#cve-2021-26291

Hence we would like to merge https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/98646 and follow that up with a cleanup of superfluous mvn-version directives.

Are there any objections to this plan of action?

Re: [E] Re: [release] Phosphorus SR1 RC

Luis Gomez

BTW, even when this is a bug fix, the moment it changes the REST API in a non backwards compatible way, I think it needs some talk. As a minimum whether this change is reasonable for a Service Release and the impact in our ODL partners.

BR/Luis

On Nov 23, 2021, at 4:22 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

> [...]

I'm running some test jobs in the sandbox now, and should be ready for review.

Thanks,
Sangwook

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 11:23 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

> it seems that there are still BGPCEP, OVSDB and OFP issues
>
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/
> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/>

Okay, so BGPCEP should be all clear, the RESTCONF regression blocking
OFP perf tests is resolved.

One of the OVSDB failures has a controller tracker, but we won't be able
to fix it for SR1.

Th eonly outstanding item I am currently tracking is this:

Sangwook Ha

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/>
Okay, so BGPCEP should be all clear, the RESTCONF regression blocking OFP perf tests is resolved.

One of the OVSDB failures has a controller tracker, but we won't be able to fix it for SR1.

Th eonly outstanding item I am currently tracking is this: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98642

Luis, can you review it, please?

Re: [release] Phosphorus SR1 RC

it seems that there are still BGPCEP, OVSDB and OFP issues
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/>
On the OFP side, we have a RESTCONF regression: https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/NETCONF-834

I have the fix and will be rolling it out as soon as possible.

Re: [release] Phosphorus SR1 RC

it seems that there are still BGPCEP, OVSDB and OFP issues
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/228/>
On the BGPCEP side, this seems to be a problem with in RFC8040 request URI format:

http://10.30.170.109:8181/rests/data/odl-data-change-counter-config:data-change-counter-config/data-change-counter

results it:

<errors xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-restconf">
<error>
<error-tag>missing-attribute</error-tag>
<error-message>Entry '(urn:opendaylight:params:xml:ns:yang:bgpcep:data-change-counter-config?revision=2017-04-24)data-change-counter-config' requires key or value predicate to be present.
</error-message>
<error-type>protocol</error-type>
</error>
</errors>

I think that should read

http://10.30.170.109:8181/rests/data/odl-data-change-counter-config:data-change-counter-config=data-change-counter

instead, but let me get back to you.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 3:06 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> On 15/11/2021 17:54, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 11:36 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
>
> The bgpcep regression (https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988)
> is tricky, as it seems we turned around a rock under which it was hiding
> for couple of years.
>
> Nevertheless I think we have a pretty good idea as to what is going on
> and should be able to clear that in the next few days.
>
> Anyway, I am rolling out an update to get the things we have now into
> wider testing.

Alright, so BGPCEP-988 is confirmed passing in a Sulfur, thanks to Marek
and Olivier for tracking it down and fixing it.

With bgpcep-0.16.11 we are back to passing completely here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/bgpcep-csit-1node-userfeatures-all-sulfur/

The corresponding Phosphorus job's manual runs seem to be mismatching on
distro name somehow, but the next AR should be fine AFAICT.

[...]

On 19/11/2021 06:27, Richard Kosegi wrote:
Hi,
I removed references to prefix-shard module in daexim's tests https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98613 <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/98613>
CSIT seems to pass on sandbox https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/sandbox/view/All/job/daexim-csit-1node-basic-only-phosphorus/1/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/sandbox/view/All/job/daexim-csit-1node-basic-only-phosphorus/1/>
Confirmed on Sulfur here: https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/daexim-csit-3node-clustering-basic-only-sulfur/

Richard
On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 at 00:57, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 10:38 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
<mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
On 18/11/2021 19:28, Richard Kosegi wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I don't think this has anything to do with daexim, it can't
import data
> into an operational datastore because the offending module
> (shard-prefix) is not loaded.
> The Module seems to belong to controller IIRC:
>
> Schema node with name prefix-shards was not found under
(urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0)data
Right, but prefix shards have been removed in
https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/CONTROLLER-1977
<https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/CONTROLLER-1977>, so
daexim should
not rely on them...
Richard, is this something you can help with ?

> Regards,
> Richard.
>

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 17:15, Daniel de la Rosa
<ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
> <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>> wrote:

>     Thanks Robert and all... Richard, we are having some
issues with

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/>>

<mailto:nite@...>

<nite@... <mailto:nite@...>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/>>>
>          >
>          >      >
>          >

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/>>
>          >

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/>>>>
>          >      >
>          >      > Please let me know if there are fixes in
progress for
>         these issues
>          >
>          >     I am currently tracking two issues in
controller and one
>         in bgpcep we
>          >     want to ship in SR1.
>          >
>          >
>          > Thanks Robert. Hopefully the issues can be
resolved this week.

>         We are done with the controller things (thanks
Tomas), with
>         actually
>         some unreported bugs being shaken out as well.
>
>         The bgpcep regression
>         (https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988
<https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988>
>         <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988
<https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988>>)
>         is tricky, as it seems we turned around a rock under
which it
>         was hiding
>         for couple of years.
>
>         Nevertheless I think we have a pretty good idea as to
what is
>         going on
>         and should be able to clear that in the next few days.
>
>         Anyway, I am rolling out an update to get the things
we have now
>         into
>         wider testing.
>
>         Regards,
>         Robert

ODL Release Manager

Re: [release] Phosphorus SR1 RC

Richard Kosegi <richard.kosegi@...>

On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 at 00:57, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 10:38 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> [...]

>         in bgpcep we
>          >     want to ship in SR1.
>          >
>          >
>          > Thanks Robert. Hopefully the issues can be resolved this week.
>
>         We are done with the controller things (thanks Tomas), with
>         actually
>         some unreported bugs being shaken out as well.
>
>         The bgpcep regression
>         (https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988
>         <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988>)
>         is tricky, as it seems we turned around a rock under which it
>         was hiding
>         for couple of years.
>
>         Nevertheless I think we have a pretty good idea as to what is
>         going on
>         and should be able to clear that in the next few days.
>
>         Anyway, I am rolling out an update to get the things we have now

ODL Release Manager

> [...]

>         in bgpcep we
>          >     want to ship in SR1.
>          >
>          >
>          > Thanks Robert. Hopefully the issues can be resolved this week.
>
>         We are done with the controller things (thanks Tomas), with
>         actually
>         some unreported bugs being shaken out as well.
>
>         The bgpcep regression
>         (https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988
>         <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-988>)
>         is tricky, as it seems we turned around a rock under which it
>         was hiding
>         for couple of years.
>
>         Nevertheless I think we have a pretty good idea as to what is
>         going on
>         and should be able to clear that in the next few days.
>
>         Anyway, I am rolling out an update to get the things we have now

ODL Release Manager

Submit a Session for the LFN Developer & Testing Forum!

Casey Cain

The next LFN Developer & Testing Forum is scheduled for January 10-13, 2022. Once again we will be virtually gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. Participating LFN projects include Anuket, EMCO, ODIM, ONAP, OpenDaylight, Tungsten Fabric, and XGVela.

We’ll also be hosting a track with fellow networking projects and initiatives including the 5G Super Blueprint, LFN End User Advisory Group (EUAG), and L3AF.

We welcome you to submit your topic proposals on the wiki page here. Topic Proposals are due December 3rd

Learn more about the event and register here. The event is free to attend but registration is required.

Please send any questions to ccain@.... You can also join the discussion on our event Slack in the #general channel here.

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

Sent via Superhuman

Re: [release] Phosphorus SR1 RC

Ok, thanks for the clarification.. so @Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...> this is not part of the controller tickets that you and @Tomáš Cére <mailto:tomas.cere@...>  are working on?
CONTROLLER-2025 <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/CONTROLLER-2025> and CONTROLLER-2026 <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/CONTROLLER-2026> right?
Nope, those two are related to the new EOS implementation.

Re: [release] Phosphorus SR1 RC

Robert Varga

On 18/11/2021 19:28, Richard Kosegi wrote:
Hi Daniel,
I don't think this has anything to do with daexim, it can't import data into an operational datastore because the offending module (shard-prefix) is not loaded.
The Module seems to belong to controller IIRC:
Schema node with name prefix-shards was not found under (urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0)data
Right, but prefix shards have been removed in https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/CONTROLLER-1977, so daexim should not rely on them...

Richard.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.. so @Robert Varga this is not part of the controller tickets that you and @Tomáš Cére  are working on?