Date   

Re: net-virt-platform has moved to Boot Strap

Rob Sherwood
 

FYI: good news and bad news. 

The bad news is that I failed to commit to a date yesterday for when we would remove all of the vendor references in the code. 

The good news is that the changes have already been made and are in place *already*  in the code that is available now. 

- Rob
.


On Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Phil Robb wrote:
Members of the TSC:

The net-virt-platform contribution has completed the process and as per the TSC's decision during the last meeting (minutes here), it has moved to Bootstrap state.  The code is being uploaded to the OpenDaylight repository and should be available to everyone soon.

Once the code is available, I'll send a follow up note to this list and also post the news on opendaylight-announce.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb


Agenda for tomorrow's TSC call

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 


Updated Invitation: OpenDaylight TSC Meeting @ Thu Apr 18, 2013 10am - 11am (probb@linuxfoundation.org)

Phil Robb
 

This event has been changed.

OpenDaylight TSC Meeting

Changed: OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee meeting.

Date and Time: Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)
Event number: 667 534 923
Event password: odptsc
Event address for attendees: https://linuxfoundation.webex.com/linuxfoundation/onstage/g.php?d=667534923&t=a
Teleconference information
US TOLL: +1-415-655-0001
Access code: 667 534 923

Please see the TSC Wiki page for the current Agenda: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Main

When
Thu Apr 18, 2013 10am – 11am Pacific Time
Where
Changed: +1-415-655-0001 access code: 667 534 923 (map)
Calendar
probb@...
Who
(Guest list is too large to display)

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account tsc@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future notifications for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


my slides from the ODP sessions at the ONS meeting

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 

See in particular the lifecycle on slide 11 (on the agenda for discussion today).  --dmm


OpenDaylight @ LinkedIn

Siamak Azodolmolky <siamak.azodolmolky@...>
 

Dear All,
  In addition to Twitter, Facebook and Google+, I made a LinkedIn group for OpenDaylight here:

 http://www.linkedin.com/groups/OpenDaylight-4966094/about.

If you want, we can also add it to the OpenDaylight web site as yet another mean to spread the news and promote OpenDaylight and let others to be in touch.

best regards,
Siamak
--

Dr. Siamak Azodolmolky

PhD, Msc, SM IEEE, PM ACM

Senior Researcher

Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Expert

E-mail: Siamak.Azodolmolky@...

Skype ID: Siamak.Azodolmolky



Life cycle on wiki?

Rob Sherwood
 

I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?

Thanks,

- Rob
.


Re: Life cycle on wiki?

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 



On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc



Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Rob Sherwood
 

3 minutes response time -- must have caught the linux foundation folks while eatting lunch (sorry -- running joke about how awesome/responsive the LF folks have been -- thanks!!).

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




Re: Life cycle on wiki?

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 



On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
3 minutes response time -- must have caught the linux foundation folks while eatting lunch (sorry -- running joke about how awesome/responsive the LF folks have been -- thanks!!).


Definitely. The LF folks are really awesome. Thanks! --dmm 

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc





Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Rob Sherwood
 

Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




Re: Life cycle on wiki?

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 



On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

Do you mean "Proposed Contributions" on https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Main_Page (maybe we should call this "Proposals") or something else?

Thnx,

--dmm
 
 

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc





Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Phil Robb
 

I have not yet created the project lifecycle wiki site yet Rob.  I had wanted to know if I should redo the project lifecycle pages on the drupal site into wiki format, or if just creating a wiki to discuss and/or suggest modifications to the static version was sufficient.  If we agree that we can keep the static version of the project lifecycle page, then yes, we need a wiki page to discuss the lifecycle and either you or I can create it.  I'm happy to do it.

Phil.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb


Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Rob Sherwood
 

Just created a wiki:


I've also posted my proposed changes -- please take a look before the meeting.

@Chris: I think you had mentioned that you wanted to propose some changes as well/

Thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
I have not yet created the project lifecycle wiki site yet Rob.  I had wanted to know if I should redo the project lifecycle pages on the drupal site into wiki format, or if just creating a wiki to discuss and/or suggest modifications to the static version was sufficient.  If we agree that we can keep the static version of the project lifecycle page, then yes, we need a wiki page to discuss the lifecycle and either you or I can create it.  I'm happy to do it.

Phil.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
Skype: Phil.Robb


Re: Life cycle on wiki?

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 

Rob,

Sorry about that; I misunderstood your question. In any event, thanks for creating this. --dmm


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Just created a wiki:


I've also posted my proposed changes -- please take a look before the meeting.

@Chris: I think you had mentioned that you wanted to propose some changes as well/

Thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
I have not yet created the project lifecycle wiki site yet Rob.  I had wanted to know if I should redo the project lifecycle pages on the drupal site into wiki format, or if just creating a wiki to discuss and/or suggest modifications to the static version was sufficient.  If we agree that we can keep the static version of the project lifecycle page, then yes, we need a wiki page to discuss the lifecycle and either you or I can create it.  I'm happy to do it.

Phil.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
Skype: Phil.Robb



Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
 

I've added a bullet to the Proposal Page pointing to the Project Lifecycle page:

"Review the Project Lifecycle to get a clear picture of how projects work at OpenDaylight".
(where 'Project Lifecycle' is a link).

Ed

On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:



On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Rob Sherwood
 

I didn't mention but I had already linked the page under the TSC section of main page.  Multiple links to a page don't really hurt so thanks!

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:
I've added a bullet to the Proposal Page pointing to the Project Lifecycle page:

"Review the Project Lifecycle to get a clear picture of how projects work at OpenDaylight".
(where 'Project Lifecycle' is a link).

Ed

On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:



On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc



Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Chris Wright <chrisw@...>
 

* Rob Sherwood (rob.sherwood@...) wrote:
Just created a wiki:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Proposed_Life_Cycle_Document_Changes

I've also posted my proposed changes -- please take a look before the
meeting.

@Chris: I think you had mentioned that you wanted to propose some changes
as well/
Done.

thanks,
-chris

(I have to admit that I find the wiki format lacking for this kind of review.)


Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
 

Phil,
Could you get the section numbers in the Lifecycle here:

so that the references to them in proposals for edits make a bit more sense?

Ed

On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:

I have not yet created the project lifecycle wiki site yet Rob.  I had wanted to know if I should redo the project lifecycle pages on the drupal site into wiki format, or if just creating a wiki to discuss and/or suggest modifications to the static version was sufficient.  If we agree that we can keep the static version of the project lifecycle page, then yes, we need a wiki page to discuss the lifecycle and either you or I can create it.  I'm happy to do it.

Phil.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb
_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Phil Robb
 

Done.  Thanks for pointing that out Ed.

Phil.


On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:
Phil,
Could you get the section numbers in the Lifecycle here:

so that the references to them in proposals for edits make a bit more sense?

Ed

On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:

I have not yet created the project lifecycle wiki site yet Rob.  I had wanted to know if I should redo the project lifecycle pages on the drupal site into wiki format, or if just creating a wiki to discuss and/or suggest modifications to the static version was sufficient.  If we agree that we can keep the static version of the project lifecycle page, then yes, we need a wiki page to discuss the lifecycle and either you or I can create it.  I'm happy to do it.

Phil.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
Skype: Phil.Robb
_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb


agenda item for next call

Chris Wright <chrisw@...>
 

I'm not sure where we ended on the "one repo per project" discussion.
Can we be sure to allocate some time to finish that discussion?

thanks,
-chris

21 - 40 of 14226