Date

Next Hackfest Dates

Phil Robb

Hello TSC:

As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.  While we were quite close on one upcoming date, we have had multiple requests to schedule the next hackfest later.  The new proposed date/location for the next hackfest is:

When: June 6th and 7th, 2013.
Where: Hotel Valencia at Santana Row (San Jose)

Pushing back the date provides a variety of benefits including more time for participants to make travel arrangements resulting in significantly higher attendance.

My apologies if this has caused anyone significant inconvenience.

TSC members, please let me know if you will be able to attend.

If there is reasonable representation from the TSC,  we will lock this date down and send a broader announcement to the full developer community.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions

Re: Next Hackfest Dates

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Thnx Phil. I can attend. --dmm

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
[...]

Vijoy Pandey <vijoy.pandey@...>

I will be able to attend.

-vijoy

Phil Robb ---05/07/2013 02:31:41 PM---Hello TSC: As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.  While

From: Phil Robb <probb@...>
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>,
Date: 05/07/2013 02:31 PM
Subject: [OpenDaylight TSC] Next Hackfest Dates
Sent by: tsc-bounces@...

[...]

Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...>

I cannot attend on those dates (as indicated earlier).

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...> wrote:
I cannot attend on those dates (as indicated earlier).
Will someone from Juniper be able to attend?

Thnx,

--dmm

wrote:
[...]

Christopher Price <christopher.price@...>

Hi Phil,
I can attend those dates.
/ Chris

From: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:21 PM
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

[...]

Let me check.

--Tom

wrote:
[...]

Rob Sherwood

I can attend.

- Rob
.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...> wrote:

        Let me check.

        --Tom

On 5/7/13 6:12 PM, "David Meyer" <dmm@...> wrote:

>On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...> wrote:
>> I cannot attend on those dates (as indicated earlier).
>
>Will someone from Juniper be able to attend?
>
>Thnx,
>
>--dmm
>

>> On 5/7/13 5:29 PM, "David Meyer" <dmm@...> wrote:
>>
>>>Thnx Phil. I can attend. --dmm

Re: TSC Members vote on meeting time

Phil Robb

TSC Members:

If you haven't yet returned your meeting time preferences for the additional TSC meeting, please do so at your earliest convenience. We need to make a final decision on this at tomorrow's TSC meeting.

Thanks,

Phil.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
Hello TSC Members:

Please indicate below what times work for you for an added weekly TSC meeting.  You can put an "X", a "Y", or "Yes".. whatever you prefer under *ALL* of the times that would work for you.

Tuesdays at 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT

Tuesdays at 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EDT

Tuesdays at 11:00am PDT / 2:00pm EDT

Tuesdays at 12:00pm PDT / 3:00pm EDT

Tuesdays at 2:00pm PDT/5:00pm EDT

Extend the Thursday meetings to 2 hours  (10:00am - 12:00pm PDT / 1:00pm - 3:00pm EDT)

So as not to spam the list too badly, please just send your responses to me and do not reply all.

Again, this email survey is to only be completed by the members of the OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee.

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
Skype: Phil.Robb

--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb

Re: TSC Members vote on meeting time

Phil Robb

Correction:  The next TSC meeting is not tomorrow as it is implied below.  It is on Thursday (5/9/2013).  Sorry if I caused concern for anyone and thanks Ed for catching my error.

Phil.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
[...]

Intro to net-virt-platform: OpenStack integration and HA demo videos

Rob Sherwood

FYI -- tsc members have also asked me about net-virt code, so I wanted to make sure that people saw this.

- Rob
.

From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:50 AM
To: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Next Hackfest Dates

[...]

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Rob Sherwood
<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Question:

There was some talk (suggested by Chris Wright, IIRC) about trying to
coordinate the controller merge proposals evaluation/decision process with
the hackfest. Now that the hackfest dates are being moved out, do we still
want to do this?

I would suggest yes, but I wonder what others think.
I disagree. We have a fairly detailed proposal from the ODP community
on the table, and IMO we should use the hackfest as it should be used,
for people to write code and get things working. There are plenty of
opportunities in the existing proposal for people to do work in either
code base, on their own contributions, or something else.

In short, I see the merge question as resolved, at least structurally,
and I don't want to delay building the ODP community (and artifacts)
any further, which a delay such as you are suggesting would do.

(ii). I don't want to delay further on this question and using the
hackfest to retrace the Dixon-Ericsson proposal would do just that.

--dmm

- Rob
.

[...]

adding discuss@lists...

--dmm

<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
[...]

I personally would rather not delay the decisions that need to be made until June.

--Tom

From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:50 PM
To: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

[...]

Abhishek Chauhan

I agree.

--

abhishek

From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:50 PM
To: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

[...]

I should have employed more precision below.

To be clear – I agree with Tom, that we should keep the current pace on the controller unification efforts, and not couple it with the hackfest.

-abhishek

From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:50 PM
To: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

Chris Wright <chrisw@...>

<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
There was some talk (suggested by Chris Wright, IIRC) about trying to
coordinate the controller merge proposals evaluation/decision process with
the hackfest. Now that the hackfest dates are being moved out, do we still
want to do this?
Yes, I did make that suggestion, in the context of hackfest II being
in 2wks. With new dates, I think we'd be better served exectuing against
a developing plan and actively hacking on code.

thanks,
-chris

Re: Next Hackfest Dates

Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...>