Date

Re: [tsc][release] OpenDaylight - Sulfur SR2 release status

Anil Belur

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 12:52 PM Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello All,

OpenDaylight Sulfur SR2 version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/sulfur' branch has been unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Sulfur SR2.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - need to re-run the job once the releng/builder CR is merged.
4. Update ODL downloads page.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Sulfur SR2 release.

There were a few issues with the version bump and release notes that have been resolved.

3. Release notes updated:

[tsc][release] OpenDaylight - Sulfur SR2 release status

Anil Belur

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Sulfur SR2 version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/sulfur' branch has been unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Sulfur SR2.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - need to re-run the job once the releng/builder CR is merged.
4. Update ODL downloads page.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Sulfur SR2 release.

There were a few issues with the version bump and release notes that have been resolved.

TSC Meeting for September 22 2022 at 9 am Pacific

The next TSC meeting is September 22, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.

As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki

at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/NQSdAQ

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Noted @Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...> ... is @Anil Belur <mailto:abelur@...>  taking care of cutting the branch?
Yup, this has always been taken care of by the LFIT personnel.

<mailto:nite@...>> and/or @LAMBERT
> Guillaume TGI/OLN <mailto:guillaume.lambert@...
<mailto:guillaume.lambert@...>> ?
No, we are not. We need to cut the branch first...

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Daniel de la Rosa

Noted @Robert Varga ... is @Anil Belur  taking care of cutting the branch?

Thanks Sangwook. Since this is merged, are we ok to pick a RC for Chlorine release? @Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...> and/or @LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN <mailto:guillaume.lambert@...> ?
No, we are not. We need to cut the branch first...

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Sangwook Ha

Hi Daniel,

Another fix for integration/test was merged yesterday, so we may be able to pick #136 (currently pending) for Chlorine.
Please note that we probably will see some test failures in bgpcep-csit-1node-userfeatures-all-chlorine not seen in Sulfur.
The test script seems okay, as far as I can tell, but it would be better if somebody more familiar with BGPCEP could confirm.

Thanks,
Sangwook

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 9:17 PM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Thanks Sangwook. Since this is merged, are we ok to pick a RC for Chlorine release? @Robert Varga and/or @LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN ?

On Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 1:26 AM Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...> wrote:
CSIT jobs are still using the old one because 'tools_system_image' in defaults.yaml was not updated.

Thanks,
Sangwook

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Daniel de la Rosa

Thanks Sangwook. Since this is merged, are we ok to pick a RC for Chlorine release? @Robert Varga and/or @LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN ?

On Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 1:26 AM Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...> wrote:
CSIT jobs are still using the old one because 'tools_system_image' in defaults.yaml was not updated.

Thanks,
Sangwook

Re: Sulfur SR2 approval

Daniel de la Rosa

@Anil Belur  please approve this RC  and proceed with the release of Sulfur SR2

Thanks

On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 8:48 PM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Hello TSC

Please approve Sulfur AR #171 as a SR2 as soon as possible

ODL Release Manager

Sulfur SR2 approval

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello TSC

Please approve Sulfur AR #171 as a SR2 as soon as possible

ODL Release Manager

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Sangwook Ha

CSIT jobs are still using the old one because 'tools_system_image' in defaults.yaml was not updated.

Thanks,
Sangwook

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Sulfur code freeze for SR2

Anil Belur

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 12:40 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Yeah, I wanted to move ODL distribution docker creation to the distribution project so it is more automated every time we release a distribution:

Did you have a chance to look at the Nexus authentication issue of the above gerrit?

Hi Luis: Please review the following CR: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/102405
Once merged, to retrigger the verify jobs please comment "recheck" on CR #101777.

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Robert Varga

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Casey Cain

I will be out of office for the meeting due to some health reasons. Please make sure we record a vote on the budget tonight.

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

On Thu, Sep 15 2022 at 14:48, Sangwook Ha <sangwook.ha@...> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 1:56 PM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 1:23 PM Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...> wrote:

Thanks Sangwook. I’ll pick up 375 for sulfur SR2 and set up a TSC approval page

For Chlorine this is the latest:

There were cloud issues for a couple of BGPCEP test jobs at the end although the test itself was completed. And there are some additional test failures for BGPCEP because Java 17 is not available on the Ubuntu VM.

So is this something that Anil can assist with, enable an Ubuntu vm for Java 17 ?

Thanks,
Sangwook

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 8:11 AM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Hello Guillaume and all

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it because on a business trip in the east coast. I’m any case, picking a RC for both sulfur SR2 and chlorine were still blocked by the issues with AR integration tests but Robert, please correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 10:18 AM Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...> wrote:

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

The next TSC meeting is September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific Time.
[...]

Autorelease & CSIT test job issues have been resolved and we may consider this for Sulfur SR2:

[...]

Re: TSC Meeting for September 15, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Daniel de la Rosa

[...]

Luis Gomez

Yeah, I wanted to move ODL distribution docker creation to the distribution project so it is more automated every time we release a distribution:

Did you have a chance to look at the Nexus authentication issue of the above gerrit?

The pipeline meeting is at 11 PM PST, unfortunately this is too late for me, I am not that young anymore :)

My intern is currently working in creating initial test libraries and framework for pytest. If possible we would like to leverage docker for running the test, this is why I said I would like to participate in the CI/CD docker migration work if this is happening.

BR/Luis

On Sep 8, 2022, at 4:30 PM, Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hi Luis,

I've been busy working on the python3 changes for the repos, I've noticed that some of the docker releases for ODL are not pushed out. Can you look into this when you have a moment?
As of now the priority is to move to Pipelines, I've setup a meeting for ODL pipelines/CI but do not get enough attendance since it used to be only Mario and myself attending these meetings.
Has there been any progress with getting the interns work on the CSIT jobs and docker?

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 2:15 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Sure, you can include me in the discussion. I think there is an ongoing effort to move from JJB to Jenkins pipelines, IMO this work could be used to introduce docker based builders (and testers).

BR/Luis

On Sep 8, 2022, at 1:38 AM, <guillaume.lambert@...> <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Hi all

Luis, thanks for the quick status.
About your question, Cédric suggested last week that we had a dedicated meeting
to discuss in which direction we want to go with the CI and Releng.
I don't think there is anythong else planned yet but it would make sense to raise your point at it.