Date   

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] How to handle DLUX & Projects Under the TSC Purview ?

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

OK - so we seem to have either a broad approval or at least no-objection for the topics I sent. I have consolidated inputs from Robert, Jamo, etc. + some changes from my side. The changes are below in a different font color. I will let you folks comment on the changes for a couple of days and even continue the discussion in the TSC meeting if needed. I will then initiate a vote afterwards.

Topic 1: What are the criteria to have a project under the TSC purview? 

The minimum criteria is: 
  • These projects have no active committers. Implicitly having no active committers also means that the project has no objections to be under the TSC purview. In most such cases, the project would likely be archived if it was not put under TSC purview. 
  • The TSC should think that the project is important enough to make it under TSC purview. Instead of specifying specific rules for what is an important project, I think this should be decided on a case by case basis by a TSC vote. 
  • A project whose all committers are planning to become inactive - can also petition that the project be placed under the TSC purview. The TSC may or may not accept the project to be under TSC purview depending on the TSC vote.  
  • The above should be the minimum criteria. Not all the projects which satisfy the above two criteria should be put under the TSC purview. Whether a particular project should be under the TSC purview, should be decided by a TSC vote. 
Topic 2: Should the TSC be committers on a project under TSC purview? 

Topic 3: Does the TSC agree that DLUX should be under the TSC purview?

Topic 4: Does the TSC agree that L2Switch should be under the TSC purview?

Once we decide by a vote, I will create a page under confluence for the policy for putting a project under TSC purview. I believe Jamo's point on putting a project under TSC purview after a single release of zero activity is covered under the bullet of no active committers for the project. This will give the TSC the flexibility to add a project under the purview if there are no active committers without waiting for a full release of inactivity. However if you folks think that it would be better to avoid this flexibility to avoid TSC overreach - we can put in explicitly the one release inactivity requirement. 


On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 4:04 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Nothing to add, I agree on the 3 bullets.

On Nov 1, 2019, at 1:33 PM, Thanh ha <zxiiro@...> wrote:

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 at 15:07, JamO Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:
On 11/1/19 10:50 AM, Robert Varga wrote:
On 01/11/2019 00:48, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
Hi TSC members,

During the TSC meeting today (Oct 31, 2019) Robert asked the TSC how
should we deal with projects which should be under the TSC purview due
to lack of active members. Example: DLUX which is not part of the
current simultaneous release - but still need fixes for the previous
releases SRs. Robert had an excellent suggestion that since these
projects are in a way managed by the TSC but have no longer any active
members - all the TSC members should be committers on these projects.
This way we would be able to merge any absolutely needed code changes to
the project. There was an overall consensus on this - but it would be
important to have a conversation around this - followed by a vote.
I would like to note that the proposal hinges on the project being dead
and the TSC already taking an action -- DLUX is under consideration for
archival. The aim is to define an alternative to archiving the project,
but this may become useful in different situations as well -- which we
can consider when such a situation arises.

I think there are three topics here that need to be clarified via a
discussion & a vote:

*Topic 1:* What are the criteria to have a project under the TSC purview? 

In my opinion, the minimum criteria would be: 

  * The TSC should think that the project is important enough to make it
    under TSC purview. Instead of specifying specific rules for what is
    an important project, I think this should be decided on a case by
    case basis by a TSC vote. 
  * These projects have no active committers. Implicitly having no
    active committers also means that the project has no objections to
    be under the TSC purview. 
  * The above two should be the minimum criteria. Not all the projects
    which satisfy the above two criteria should be put under the TSC
    purview. Whether a particular project should be under the TSC
    purview, should be decided by a TSC vote.
+1. I am not sure about timing -- perhaps this process can become
available sooner than the 18 month archival period?

+1 

Maybe once a project goes for a single release with zero activity (I propose gerrit
be the data we use) we can allow for TSC to become committers on that project
and after 3 releases with no activity we'll be at the 18month period and can decide
to archive or not.

+1 I think this makes a lot of sense. 
*Topic 2*: Should the TSC be committers on a project under TSC purview? 
+1, TSC members should be committers on the project, making their vote
equivalent to the decision of committers on any other project. This
should include the nomination and approval of non-TSC committers to the
project -- which would be a step towards the project coming out of TSC
purview and resuming normal life...


+1

+1
 

*Topic 3*: Does the TSC agree that DLUX should be under the TSC purview?
+1.
+1
 
+1
 
We should also consider l2switch, as it seems to be close to being in
working state here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/l2switch/+/85209 and it is a
useful example on getting started on development.

totally agree. there are always questions about l2switch in the wild. I2switch + dlux
was normally everyone's first introduction to ODL as a whole.


Agreed.

Thanh

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#18288): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/release/message/18288
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/40453808/1217165
Group Owner: release+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/release/unsub  [ecelgp@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] MRI bump for Neon SR3

Robert Varga
 

Ah, and landing https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/84478 would also be nice...



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.


-------- Original message --------
From: Robert Varga <nite@...>
Date: 11/16/19 08:36 (GMT+02:00)
To: Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...>
Cc: release@..., tsc@...
Subject: Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] MRI bump for Neon SR3

On 14/11/2019 19:04, Daniel De La Rosa wrote:
> Hello Robert, 
>
> I see that all changes have been merged so anything else is needed
> before we release Neon SR3?
>

Hey Daniel,

I am tracking the following:
- need to integrate MRI projects again due to fixes in yangtools (at the
very least). I am currently nailing down the long-standing Karaf upgrade
issue, which should be done around Tuesday
- controller/netconf need to be audited for potential backports

And that's it from my side -- i.e. we should be ready in about a week.

Regards,
Robert


Re: MRI bump for Neon SR3

Robert Varga
 

On 14/11/2019 19:04, Daniel De La Rosa wrote:
Hello Robert, 

I see that all changes have been merged so anything else is needed
before we release Neon SR3?
Hey Daniel,

I am tracking the following:
- need to integrate MRI projects again due to fixes in yangtools (at the
very least). I am currently nailing down the long-standing Karaf upgrade
issue, which should be done around Tuesday
- controller/netconf need to be audited for potential backports

And that's it from my side -- i.e. we should be ready in about a week.

Regards,
Robert


TSC Meeting minutes for Nov 14, 2019

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi TSC,

Please find & review the TSC meeting minutes below:


If you find something needs to be amended - please reply to this email and we will note the amendments in the next meeting minutes. 

Thanks,
Abhijit


Re: MRI bump for Neon SR3

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello Robert, 

I see that all changes have been merged so anything else is needed before we release Neon SR3?

Thanks

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 12:48 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

it's been almost four months since we have had a drop of MRI fixes into
stable/neon. Not that there weren't any, there have been intermediate
releases, but there was no time to integrate them.

Given where we are in other release trains (Sodium: frozen for SR1,
Magnesium: stabilizing CSIT), now is a good time to refresh things.

Overall, this bump brings in significant fixes, including
security-related bumps of upstream artifacts.

There are two breaking changes here:

1) mina-sshd is bumped to 2.3.0, which requires a minor update to netconf

2) YANGTOOLS-857 means yangtools now detects previously-glossed-over
errors in YANG usage. This affects OFP and BGPCEP. OFP has the
corresponding patch here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/openflowplugin/+/85272. BGPCEP has
two patches, both of which are already merged.

The changes in this bump will be mirrored to stable/sodium (once SR1 is
out) and magnesium (once we have reasonably-stable CSIT).

I have prepared patches here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:mri-neon-sr3

Successful multipatch build is here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/integration/job/integration-multipatch-test-neon/195/

CSIT multipatch buil is (still running) here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/integration/job/integration-multipatch-test-neon/197/

Unless there are objections (or unexpected CSIT failures), I would like
to merge these changes on Friday.

Regards,
Robert

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12125): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12125
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36760987/1964961
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [ddelarosa@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


--
Daniel de la Rosa
Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120


Invitation: Bi-Weekly TSC APAC Meeting @ Every 2 weeks from 22:00 to 23:00 on Thursday (PST) (tsc@lists.opendaylight.org)

Casey Cain
 

You have been invited to the following event.

Bi-Weekly TSC APAC Meeting

When
Every 2 weeks from 22:00 to 23:00 on Thursday Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Where
https://zoom.us/j/657152618 (map)
Calendar
tsc@...
Who
Casey Cain - creator
tsc@...

──────────

OpenDaylight Community is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/657152618

Meeting ID: 657 152 618

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,657152618# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,657152618# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Meeting ID: 657 152 618
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acejRVToPD


──────────

Going (tsc@...)?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account tsc@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.


Venkat to proxy Tejas on 14th Nov

Tejas Nevrekar
 

Hi all,

Due to official travel i am in a timezone where the TSC meeting on 14-Nov comes in the middle of the night. Hence I cannot attend it.

I have requested Venkat to proxy for me and he has agreed.

Thanks,

Tejas. S. Nevrekar
Mobile: +91-99805 31339
Bangalore, INDIA.


TSC Meeting Agenda for Nov 14, 2019

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Agenda for this meeting is at:


If you need to add anything, please let me know or feel free to add to the page.

Thanks,
Abhijit



Re: Moving from sonar.opendaylight.org to Sonarcloud.io

Robert Varga
 

On 13/11/2019 01:28, Anil Belur wrote:
Hi Abhijit: 

Please add this thread to the week's TSC call agenda and possibly take a
vote on this. 

1. ODL Projects needs to vote (+1) before each of these change can be
merged on releng/builder.
    https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/85644
That patch has been abandoned for a per-project migration (on Andy's
request).

Furthermore, as I noted in the review, we really should duplicate the
sonar jobs, so we can actually evaluate how the projects work with
SonarCloud before ...


2. Agree upon a time when Sonarcube (https://sonar.opendaylight.org
<https://sonar.opendaylight.org/>) can be decommissioned. Please note,
Sonarcloud has better features and language support than SonarQube, and
also remove the hosting and maintenance costs associated with the
SonarQube server.
... we decide on this.

Regards,
Robert




Thanks,
Anil

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:02 AM Eric Ball <eball@...
<mailto:eball@...>> wrote:

Hello all,

We here at the LF Release Engineering team are working on a move
from hosted SonarQube instances to the cloud-based Sonarcloud
service. To that end, there is currently a proposed change to all
Sonar jobs that would move them to
Sonarcloud: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/85644

Sonarcloud has more features and better language support than
SonarQube, and it will remove the hosting and maintenance costs
associated with the SonarQube server. Our plan is to decommission
the SonarQube server about a month after we make the move to Sonarcloud.

You can view the OpenDaylight Sonarcloud page
here: https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/opendaylight/projects
Currently, the only projects showing results are those that have run
and passed on the sandbox. Once the change is merged, all projects
will show results after their next successful run.

You may notice that while quantitative numbers like code coverage
and duplication haven't changed, the number of
bugs/vulnerabilities/code smells may have changed significantly
(most likely an increase). This is due to Sonarcloud using much more
up-to-date Quality Profiles than ODL's SonarQube instance, so this
should be considered an improvement in results (even though I
understand that it can be a pain to suddenly have a backlog of
issues where there were few or none before). These profiles can be
customized, so if anyone sees something coming up that absolutely
should not be in the results, we can remove it from the Quality Profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like to
bring this up for discussion during the next TSC meeting.

Note: ovsdb is using a custom Sonar template. This will need to be
changed to work with Sonarcloud, or (preferably) changed to use
global-jjb templates. If there's something our global-jjb jobs do
not currently support, we should be able to add that functionality.

Eric Ball
Release Engineer
The Linux Foundation
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12181):
https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12181
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/44622856/1278122
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
<mailto:TSC%2Bowner@...>
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub 
[abelur@... <mailto:abelur@...>]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12218): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12218
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/44622856/1320659
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub [nite@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: Moving from sonar.opendaylight.org to Sonarcloud.io

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Sure. Keeping the release mailing list in the loop as it requires action by the projects/PTLs.


On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 4:28 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hi Abhijit: 

Please add this thread to the week's TSC call agenda and possibly take a vote on this. 

1. ODL Projects needs to vote (+1) before each of these change can be merged on releng/builder.
2. Agree upon a time when Sonarcube (https://sonar.opendaylight.org) can be decommissioned. Please note, Sonarcloud has better features and language support than SonarQube, and also remove the hosting and maintenance costs associated with the SonarQube server.

Thanks,
Anil

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:02 AM Eric Ball <eball@...> wrote:
Hello all,

We here at the LF Release Engineering team are working on a move from hosted SonarQube instances to the cloud-based Sonarcloud service. To that end, there is currently a proposed change to all Sonar jobs that would move them to Sonarcloud: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/85644

Sonarcloud has more features and better language support than SonarQube, and it will remove the hosting and maintenance costs associated with the SonarQube server. Our plan is to decommission the SonarQube server about a month after we make the move to Sonarcloud.

You can view the OpenDaylight Sonarcloud page here: https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/opendaylight/projects
Currently, the only projects showing results are those that have run and passed on the sandbox. Once the change is merged, all projects will show results after their next successful run.

You may notice that while quantitative numbers like code coverage and duplication haven't changed, the number of bugs/vulnerabilities/code smells may have changed significantly (most likely an increase). This is due to Sonarcloud using much more up-to-date Quality Profiles than ODL's SonarQube instance, so this should be considered an improvement in results (even though I understand that it can be a pain to suddenly have a backlog of issues where there were few or none before). These profiles can be customized, so if anyone sees something coming up that absolutely should not be in the results, we can remove it from the Quality Profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like to bring this up for discussion during the next TSC meeting.

Note: ovsdb is using a custom Sonar template. This will need to be changed to work with Sonarcloud, or (preferably) changed to use global-jjb templates. If there's something our global-jjb jobs do not currently support, we should be able to add that functionality.

Eric Ball
Release Engineer
The Linux Foundation
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12181): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12181
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/44622856/1278122
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [abelur@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: TSC meetings - Thanh to proxy Anil (Thu, Nov 14th and 28th).

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Not enough votes there yet to change the meeting timing for this week. Not all required attendees (TSC members, PTLs for managed projects, release manager, etc.) have voted yet.


On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 9:33 PM Faseela K <k.faseela@...> wrote:
Thanks Abhijit! But many people have already voted looks like.

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019, 11:02 AM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
No. Casey had created a Doodle poll for this and it was recorded in the TSC meeting minutes but I do not think he sent it out to the list - I will send it and we can wait for responses till early next week? 


On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 8:33 PM Faseela K <k.faseela@...> wrote:
Abhijit,
   Did we conclude on the new timings for the meeting?
Thanks,
Faseela

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 05:33, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 2:24 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello TSC members:

Thanh has agreed to proxy me during the TSC calls on Nov 14th and 28th, since I would not be able to join the call during these days.

Thanks,
Anil
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12216): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12216
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/675589
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [abhijitkoss@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12217): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12217
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/1993029
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [k.faseela@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


--
Faseela.K


Doodle poll for TSC meeting timing

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi TSC members, PTLs and folks interested in attending the TSC meeting,

Please see the Doodle poll for the TSC meeting timing:


Please respond to the poll at your earliest convenience. I am thinking we should keep it open till this weekend - and let Casey update the meeting on Monday.

Thanks,
Abhijit


Re: TSC meetings - Thanh to proxy Anil (Thu, Nov 14th and 28th).

Faseela K <k.faseela@...>
 

Thanks Abhijit! But many people have already voted looks like.


On Wed, Nov 13, 2019, 11:02 AM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
No. Casey had created a Doodle poll for this and it was recorded in the TSC meeting minutes but I do not think he sent it out to the list - I will send it and we can wait for responses till early next week? 


On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 8:33 PM Faseela K <k.faseela@...> wrote:
Abhijit,
   Did we conclude on the new timings for the meeting?
Thanks,
Faseela

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 05:33, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 2:24 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello TSC members:

Thanh has agreed to proxy me during the TSC calls on Nov 14th and 28th, since I would not be able to join the call during these days.

Thanks,
Anil
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12216): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12216
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/675589
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [abhijitkoss@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12217): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12217
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/1993029
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [k.faseela@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


--
Faseela.K


Re: TSC meetings - Thanh to proxy Anil (Thu, Nov 14th and 28th).

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

No. Casey had created a Doodle poll for this and it was recorded in the TSC meeting minutes but I do not think he sent it out to the list - I will send it and we can wait for responses till early next week? 


On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 8:33 PM Faseela K <k.faseela@...> wrote:
Abhijit,
   Did we conclude on the new timings for the meeting?
Thanks,
Faseela

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 05:33, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 2:24 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello TSC members:

Thanh has agreed to proxy me during the TSC calls on Nov 14th and 28th, since I would not be able to join the call during these days.

Thanks,
Anil
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12216): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12216
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/675589
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [abhijitkoss@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12217): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12217
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/1993029
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [k.faseela@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


--
Faseela.K


Re: TSC meetings - Thanh to proxy Anil (Thu, Nov 14th and 28th).

Faseela K <k.faseela@...>
 

Abhijit,
   Did we conclude on the new timings for the meeting?
Thanks,
Faseela

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 05:33, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 2:24 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello TSC members:

Thanh has agreed to proxy me during the TSC calls on Nov 14th and 28th, since I would not be able to join the call during these days.

Thanks,
Anil
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12216): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12216
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/675589
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [abhijitkoss@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12217): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12217
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/1993029
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [k.faseela@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


--
Faseela.K


Re: Moving from sonar.opendaylight.org to Sonarcloud.io

Anil Belur
 

Hi Abhijit: 

Please add this thread to the week's TSC call agenda and possibly take a vote on this. 

1. ODL Projects needs to vote (+1) before each of these change can be merged on releng/builder.
2. Agree upon a time when Sonarcube (https://sonar.opendaylight.org) can be decommissioned. Please note, Sonarcloud has better features and language support than SonarQube, and also remove the hosting and maintenance costs associated with the SonarQube server.

Thanks,
Anil


On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:02 AM Eric Ball <eball@...> wrote:
Hello all,

We here at the LF Release Engineering team are working on a move from hosted SonarQube instances to the cloud-based Sonarcloud service. To that end, there is currently a proposed change to all Sonar jobs that would move them to Sonarcloud: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/85644

Sonarcloud has more features and better language support than SonarQube, and it will remove the hosting and maintenance costs associated with the SonarQube server. Our plan is to decommission the SonarQube server about a month after we make the move to Sonarcloud.

You can view the OpenDaylight Sonarcloud page here: https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/opendaylight/projects
Currently, the only projects showing results are those that have run and passed on the sandbox. Once the change is merged, all projects will show results after their next successful run.

You may notice that while quantitative numbers like code coverage and duplication haven't changed, the number of bugs/vulnerabilities/code smells may have changed significantly (most likely an increase). This is due to Sonarcloud using much more up-to-date Quality Profiles than ODL's SonarQube instance, so this should be considered an improvement in results (even though I understand that it can be a pain to suddenly have a backlog of issues where there were few or none before). These profiles can be customized, so if anyone sees something coming up that absolutely should not be in the results, we can remove it from the Quality Profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like to bring this up for discussion during the next TSC meeting.

Note: ovsdb is using a custom Sonar template. This will need to be changed to work with Sonarcloud, or (preferably) changed to use global-jjb templates. If there's something our global-jjb jobs do not currently support, we should be able to add that functionality.

Eric Ball
Release Engineer
The Linux Foundation
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12181): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12181
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/44622856/1278122
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [abelur@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: TSC meetings - Thanh to proxy Anil (Thu, Nov 14th and 28th).

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Thanks for letting us know.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 2:24 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello TSC members:

Thanh has agreed to proxy me during the TSC calls on Nov 14th and 28th, since I would not be able to join the call during these days.

Thanks,
Anil
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12216): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12216
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/54780385/675589
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [abhijitkoss@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


TSC meetings - Thanh to proxy Anil (Thu, Nov 14th and 28th).

Anil Belur
 

Hello TSC members:

Thanh has agreed to proxy me during the TSC calls on Nov 14th and 28th, since I would not be able to join the call during these days.

Thanks,
Anil


Re: [release] Micro distribution tech discussion

Robert Varga
 

On 07/11/2019 20:22, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
Historically we have done it over email.
Hello,

I have updated the proposal to spell out gaps in our knowledge of the
problem/solution domains here:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty#Open_questions

We will need to provide some amount of answers in these before the
proposal can be considered complete (and thus subject to review and
approval).

Please send in your comments to this thread, or provide edits of the
page in case you have concrete data to be added to the existing text.

Also, please indicate your willingness to work on the project by listing
yourself in the committed resources -- based on the outcome of the
collaboration, we (i.e. community) will pick a set of committers to make
sure the project end up executing properly.

Thanks,
Robert




On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Tejas Nevrekar <tejas.nevrekar@...
<mailto:tejas.nevrekar@...>> wrote:

Hi all,

I did not find a way to add comments to the project page draft
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty. 

Is there an alternate page or can we do email? 

Regards,

Tejas. S. Nevrekar
Mobile: +91-99805 31339
Bangalore, INDIA.


On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:14 PM Abhijit Kumbhare
<abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

Samuel,

When do you think you will be ready to move this project
proposal beyond draft to an actual proposal by sending it to the
mailing list for project proposals
<project-proposals@...
<https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/project-proposals>>?

Thanks,
Abhijit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12188):
https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12188
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1217489
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
<mailto:TSC%2Bowner@...>
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub 
[tejas.nevrekar@... <mailto:tejas.nevrekar@...>]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12193): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12193
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1320659
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub [nite@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [release] Micro distribution tech discussion

Samuel <samuel.kontris@...>
 

Hello everyone,


Tejas, thank you for your feedback.

Regarding your comments:

  1. Yes, we will upstream all lighty.io modules from our lighty.io github repository [1].
  2. Yes, I agree with you. I would like to see all projects to provide their own lighty.io modules as a library without the need to be dependent on any framework (OSGi in this case). But it will probably require pretty big changes to code and infrastructure of particular project. At first, we can start by creating these modules in separate ODL Lighty project and then we can slowly refactor other projects and move the lighty.io modules there.
  3. I would like to provide other DI frameworks just as an alternative to "pure java library" approach so we won't enforce downstream projects to use any framework. Downstream projects should be able to choose DI framework they want/need. So they should analyze what is the best choice for them.


[1] -  https://github.com/PantheonTechnologies/lighty-core


Regards
Samuel

Od: Tejas Nevrekar <tejas.nevrekar@...>
Odoslané: piatok, 8. novembra 2019 11:09:37
Komu: Abhijit Kumbhare
Kópia: tsc
Predmet: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [release] Micro distribution tech discussion
 
Sure Abhijit. I will pose my comments/suggestions here then:

1. Will this project upstream the existing lighty components for the SB plugins like netconf, openflowplugin?
2. From an implementation standpoint, do we need to keep this component as a separate project? In stead it could be integrated deeper into ODL's existing implementations. That way there will not need to be a separate project for these aspects. So we borrow lighty principles and restructure existing projects like netconf, openflowplugin, bgpcep to strip OSGi, move to annotations, relevant constructors.
3. When used with other DIs like guice or spring, we need to study the impact of invoking via the guice-bindings or spring-bindings approach v/s natively enabling these bindings from the respective projects ground up.

Robert/Samuel, any thoughts please?

Thanks,

-Tejas.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 12:52 AM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Historically we have done it over email.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Tejas Nevrekar <tejas.nevrekar@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I did not find a way to add comments to the project page draft - https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty

Is there an alternate page or can we do email? 

Regards,

Tejas. S. Nevrekar
Mobile: +91-99805 31339
Bangalore, INDIA.


On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:14 PM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Samuel,

When do you think you will be ready to move this project proposal beyond draft to an actual proposal by sending it to the mailing list for project proposals <project-proposals@...>?

Thanks,
Abhijit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12188): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12188
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1217489
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [tejas.nevrekar@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2121 - 2140 of 14353