Date   

Re: [documentation] RTD Job - automation rule to activate branch/tag

Luis Gomez
 

Looks like jsonrpc is missing phosphorus brach too: https://docs.opendaylight.org/projects/jsonrpc/en/latest/

On Feb 1, 2022, at 4:31 PM, Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hi Luis: odl-daexim is already activated for the stable/phosphorus branch and rest of the projects listed are already activated with the script was run.
Let me know if you are still unable to see that.


Re: [documentation] RTD Job - automation rule to activate branch/tag

Anil Belur
 

Hi Luis: odl-daexim is already activated for the stable/phosphorus branch and rest of the projects listed are already activated with the script was run.
Let me know if you are still unable to see that.
 


Re: Phosphorus SR2 code freeze

Daniel de la Rosa
 



On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 8:12 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 20/01/2022 11:24, Robert Varga wrote:
> On 20/01/2022 08:25, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>> Hello all
>
> Hello Daniel,
>
>> @Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...> i think we can pick a Phosphorus SR2
>> RC this week but let me know your thoughts based on the current AR state
>
> Unfortunately I am still waiting for last round of updates for
> CONTROLLER-2025 to push out the MRI update. I expect this to happen this
> week.

We're *almost* there, except the ODLPARENT-279 issue, plus BGPCEP
integration also found https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/MDSAL-718.

Both should take a few days to clear.


Hello Robert and all, 

So for Phosphorus SR2, we are still waiting for MDSAL-718 to get fixed and that should take care of these OFP and OVSBD issues?


Thanks 



REgards,
Robert


[opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon SR4 release status

Anil Belur
 

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Silicon SR4 version bump is complete and the staging repository is being promoted. The 'stable/silicon' branch is unlocked.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Silicon SR4.
2. Release Distribution once step 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - merge the CR. (https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/99542)
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Silicon SR4 release.

Regards,
Anil Belur

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html
[1.] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR4+Release+Approval


TSC approval of Silicon SR4 RC

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello TSC and all

Please approve AR #546 as RC for Silicon SR4 as soon as possible



Thanks

--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Re: Unscheduled Silicon SR4 release

Daniel de la Rosa
 



On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 8:14 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 28/01/2022 12:21, Robert Varga wrote:
> On 28/01/2022 06:26, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>> Robert and all
>>
>> I was going to pick an RC today for Siilicon SR4 but it looks like we
>> are still seeing BGP, OFP and other issues... is that going to be
>> fixed soon ?
>
> Yeah, I am not sure why the tests for AR #544 failed. AR #545 shows only
> the BGPCEP failures, which is because of a slight mistake in the MSI
> patches causing version conflicts.
>
> This should be fixed up in AR #846, which is being built now (so the
> test results should be available in about 2-3 hours.

Two OFP jobs failed on infra, otherwise we are looking good for AR #846.

I have re-triggered the tests here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/578/

I have also filed an issue with infra here:
https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-23561

ok so I have started the approval process for AR #546


but there are still issues with infra... Maybe @Anil Belur  can check on Monday morning 




 


Regards,
Robert


Re: Unscheduled Silicon SR4 release

Robert Varga
 

On 28/01/2022 12:21, Robert Varga wrote:
On 28/01/2022 06:26, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Robert and all

I was going to pick an RC today for Siilicon SR4 but it looks like we are still seeing BGP, OFP and other issues... is that going to be fixed soon ?
Yeah, I am not sure why the tests for AR #544 failed. AR #545 shows only the BGPCEP failures, which is because of a slight mistake in the MSI patches causing version conflicts.
This should be fixed up in AR #846, which is being built now (so the test results should be available in about 2-3 hours.
Two OFP jobs failed on infra, otherwise we are looking good for AR #846.

I have re-triggered the tests here: https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/578/

I have also filed an issue with infra here: https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-23561

Regards,
Robert


Re: Unscheduled Silicon SR4 release

Robert Varga
 

On 28/01/2022 06:26, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Robert and all
I was going to pick an RC today for Siilicon SR4 but it looks like we are still seeing BGP, OFP and other issues... is that going to be fixed soon ?
Yeah, I am not sure why the tests for AR #544 failed. AR #545 shows only the BGPCEP failures, which is because of a slight mistake in the MSI patches causing version conflicts.

This should be fixed up in AR #846, which is being built now (so the test results should be available in about 2-3 hours.

Regards,
Robert


https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/>
Thanks
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 9:36 AM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <http://lists.opendaylight.org> <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@... <mailto:gmail.com@...>> wrote:
Hello Robert and all. Sure but next tsc meeting is on January 20th.
Hopefully this can wait until then
Thanks
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:46 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
<mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
Hello everyone,
as per my previous email, we need to spin an unscheduled
security-driven
Service Release on the Silicon release train.
The MRI part of this is already done and the projects are ready to
integrate here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:mri-silicon-sr4
<https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:mri-silicon-sr4>
I will raise the ticket to get the patches merged and we should be
releasing Silicon SR4 as soon as practical. Daniel, can you
drive that
conversation at the next TSC meeting, please?
Thanks,
Robert
--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Re: Unscheduled Silicon SR4 release

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Robert and all

I was going to pick an RC today for Siilicon SR4 but it looks like we are still seeing BGP, OFP and other issues... is that going to be fixed soon ?


Thanks


On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 9:36 AM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Hello Robert and all. Sure but next tsc meeting is on January 20th. Hopefully this can wait until then 

Thanks 

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:46 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

as per my previous email, we need to spin an unscheduled security-driven
Service Release on the Silicon release train.

The MRI part of this is already done and the projects are ready to
integrate here: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:mri-silicon-sr4

I will raise the ticket to get the patches merged and we should be
releasing Silicon SR4 as soon as practical. Daniel, can you drive that
conversation at the next TSC meeting, please?

Thanks,
Robert





--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Re: TSC Meeting for January 27, 2022 at 9 am Pacific

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello. Sorry for the late reply but probably I won’t be able to make it. I’ll update the meeting minutes later but silicon sr4 Rc will be picked up today and phosphorus sr2 next week 

Thanks 

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 1:33 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Hello OpenDaylight Community,


Next TSC meeting is January 27, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/YzQEAQ

 


If you need to add anything, please let me know or add it there.
The meeting minutes will be at the same location after the meeting is over.

Best Regards
Guillaume

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.
--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Re: Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Daniel de la Rosa
 



On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 4:45 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 27/01/2022 01:30, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>     https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/ODLPARENT-279
>     <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/ODLPARENT-279> tracks this. It is
>     also affecting Phosphorus SR2 (but that also has a different problem).
>
>
> As you mentioned in the other thread, only
> https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/MDSAL-718
> <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/MDSAL-718> is holding both
> Phosphorus SR2 and Silicon SR4 right?

The other way around:
ODLPARENT-279 held up both, but is cleared now.
MDSAL-718 is holding up Phosphorus SR2 and it's what I am focusing on next.

Got it.  Ok I’ll pick up a RC for silicon sr4 later today. 



Regards,
Robert

--
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager


Re: Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Robert Varga
 

On 27/01/2022 01:30, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/ODLPARENT-279
<https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/ODLPARENT-279> tracks this. It is
also affecting Phosphorus SR2 (but that also has a different problem).
As you mentioned in the other thread, only https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/MDSAL-718 <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/MDSAL-718> is holding both Phosphorus SR2 and Silicon SR4 right?
The other way around:
ODLPARENT-279 held up both, but is cleared now.
MDSAL-718 is holding up Phosphorus SR2 and it's what I am focusing on next.

Regards,
Robert


Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Robert Varga
 

On 21/01/2022 03:19, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello Manoj, Robert and all
As suggested, this is a proposed schedule to release Silicon SR4. It's a bit accelerated but I think we can make it work
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR4+Release+Checklist <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR4+Release+Checklist>
Please let me know if this works for you
Sorry, I somehow missed this email. I just finished up cleaning up the BGPCEP regression and the next autorelease run should be all good.

Regards,
Robert


Re: Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello Robert and all

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 8:10 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 21/01/2022 07:31, Robert Varga wrote:
> On 20/01/2022 11:30, Robert Varga wrote:
>>>     - Silicon is currently in its Security Support period past its last
>>>     scheduled Service Release, hence will receive an unscheduled
>>>     security-driven SR4 in near future
>>>
>>>
>>> We can review this in the TSC but I think we can release Silicon SR4
>>> after Phosphorus SR2 and before Sulfur. Thoughts?
>>
>> Actually, these updates are already pushed out on the branch, i.e.
>> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/537/
>> should be okay to release.
>
> So pretty much everything is actually okay, except BGPCEP, which is
> showing regressions around TCP-MD5 handling. This is most probably
> related to netty-4.1.72+ upgrade in OSGi environment.

https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/ODLPARENT-279 tracks this. It is
also affecting Phosphorus SR2 (but that also has a different problem).

As you mentioned in the other thread, only https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/MDSAL-718 is holding both Phosphorus SR2 and Silicon SR4 right?

 

Regards,
Robert


TSC Meeting for January 27, 2022 at 9 am Pacific

Guillaume Lambert
 

Hello OpenDaylight Community,


Next TSC meeting is January 27, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/YzQEAQ

 


If you need to add anything, please let me know or add it there.
The meeting minutes will be at the same location after the meeting is over.

Best Regards
Guillaume

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Re: [documentation] RTD Job - automation rule to activate branch/tag

Luis Gomez
 

Yeah, I do not see daexim stable/phosphorus docs for example: https://docs.opendaylight.org/projects/daexim/en/latest/, so it did not work, at least fully :(

Can you please make sure at least these MSI projects get the stable/phosphorous branch activated:

    odl-daexim
    odl-jsonrpc
    odl-lispflowmapping
    odl-openflowplugin
    opendaylight-ovsdb
    odl-transportpce



On Jan 24, 2022, at 3:43 PM, Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Greetings Luis:

I've run the script to activate all the projects. Please check and let me know if all the versions are active. 

Regards,
Anil


On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 4:39 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi Anil,

Is there anyone in ODL with admin permissions on all the RTD projects? If so, can this person generate a token and run this script to activate the stable-phosphorus branch on all the projects:


I only have admin rights on distribution and I do not think at this moment we can afford to wait for all the project maintainers to do this individually.

Additionally, this admin person can add the rule you suggest to all the projects so that we do not need to run the script in future.

Once this is done, we can unblock this gerrit:


BR/Luis


On Jan 12, 2022, at 3:53 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As discussed on the LFN Dev and testing forums, some of the RTD branches were not activated by default therefore the docs were not getting created. This can be solved by using Automation rules. 

For instance, I have created automation rules for Netconf project for activating
all tags/branch matching this regex: "^[vV]"

Custom match: ^[vV]
Version type: Tag
Action: Activate version

Custom match: ^[vV]
Version type: Branch
Action: Activate version


I've created the activation rules for Netconf branch hopefully, this should work.

Regards,
Anil Belur






Re: [documentation] RTD Job - automation rule to activate branch/tag

Anil Belur
 

Greetings Luis:

I've run the script to activate all the projects. Please check and let me know if all the versions are active. 

Regards,
Anil


On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 4:39 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi Anil,

Is there anyone in ODL with admin permissions on all the RTD projects? If so, can this person generate a token and run this script to activate the stable-phosphorus branch on all the projects:


I only have admin rights on distribution and I do not think at this moment we can afford to wait for all the project maintainers to do this individually.

Additionally, this admin person can add the rule you suggest to all the projects so that we do not need to run the script in future.

Once this is done, we can unblock this gerrit:


BR/Luis


On Jan 12, 2022, at 3:53 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As discussed on the LFN Dev and testing forums, some of the RTD branches were not activated by default therefore the docs were not getting created. This can be solved by using Automation rules. 

For instance, I have created automation rules for Netconf project for activating
all tags/branch matching this regex: "^[vV]"

Custom match: ^[vV]
Version type: Tag
Action: Activate version

Custom match: ^[vV]
Version type: Branch
Action: Activate version


I've created the activation rules for Netconf branch hopefully, this should work.

Regards,
Anil Belur





Re: Phosphorus SR2 code freeze

Robert Varga
 

On 20/01/2022 11:24, Robert Varga wrote:
On 20/01/2022 08:25, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello all
Hello Daniel,

@Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...> i think we can pick a Phosphorus SR2 RC this week but let me know your thoughts based on the current AR state
Unfortunately I am still waiting for last round of updates for CONTROLLER-2025 to push out the MRI update. I expect this to happen this week.
We're *almost* there, except the ODLPARENT-279 issue, plus BGPCEP integration also found https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/MDSAL-718.

Both should take a few days to clear.

REgards,
Robert


Re: Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Robert Varga
 

On 21/01/2022 07:31, Robert Varga wrote:
On 20/01/2022 11:30, Robert Varga wrote:
    - Silicon is currently in its Security Support period past its last
    scheduled Service Release, hence will receive an unscheduled
    security-driven SR4 in near future


We can review this in the TSC but I think we can release Silicon SR4 after Phosphorus SR2 and before Sulfur. Thoughts?
Actually, these updates are already pushed out on the branch, i.e. https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/537/ should be okay to release.
So pretty much everything is actually okay, except BGPCEP, which is showing regressions around TCP-MD5 handling. This is most probably related to netty-4.1.72+ upgrade in OSGi environment.
https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/ODLPARENT-279 tracks this. It is also affecting Phosphorus SR2 (but that also has a different problem).

Regards,
Robert


Re: [documentation] RTD Job - automation rule to activate branch/tag

Luis Gomez
 

Hi Anil,

Is there anyone in ODL with admin permissions on all the RTD projects? If so, can this person generate a token and run this script to activate the stable-phosphorus branch on all the projects:


I only have admin rights on distribution and I do not think at this moment we can afford to wait for all the project maintainers to do this individually.

Additionally, this admin person can add the rule you suggest to all the projects so that we do not need to run the script in future.

Once this is done, we can unblock this gerrit:


BR/Luis


On Jan 12, 2022, at 3:53 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As discussed on the LFN Dev and testing forums, some of the RTD branches were not activated by default therefore the docs were not getting created. This can be solved by using Automation rules. 

For instance, I have created automation rules for Netconf project for activating
all tags/branch matching this regex: "^[vV]"

Custom match: ^[vV]
Version type: Tag
Action: Activate version

Custom match: ^[vV]
Version type: Branch
Action: Activate version


I've created the activation rules for Netconf branch hopefully, this should work.

Regards,
Anil Belur




241 - 260 of 14292