Date

Re: [release] Chlorine release schedule proposal

Hello TSC and all
Please let me know if you have any feedback on this proposal
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Release+Schedule+for+Chlorine <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Release+Schedule+for+Chlorine>
Ah, this is nice, but could you adjust the first column to contain links to Release Process requirements? that will make it easier for people unfamiliar with it to understand what means what.

From a quick glance it looks okay, except for the minor detail of me not attending the TSC call for the Middle Checkpoint :)

Re: [release] Sulfur code freeze

Hello Robert and all
On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 12:58 PM Robert Varga <nite@... <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
> Hello TSC and all
>
> We are going to code freeze Sulfur for all Managed Projects ( cut
and
> lock release branches ) on Monday March  14th at 10 am UTC
>
> Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release
branch
> after code freezes
 From MRI perspective, we are ... 5? ... months behind the
schedule. The
good news is that MDSAL-696, which was blocking yangtools-8 -> mdsal-9
integration is done and dusted.
Next steps are to integrate with:
- controller-5 (done unless maven-verify finds something)
- aaa-0.15 (should be a breeze)
- netconf-3 (not trivial, but the pieces should be mostly there)
- bgpcep-0.17 (not sure, if we pass this we should be okay overall)
As it stands, I expect the MRI projects to be ready to integrate on
Friday the 11th, with bgpcep-0.17 integration gating yangtools-8
release.
great news, so sounds like we can still move forward with Sulfur code freeze on 9/14 ...
so a day has passed, I am up for an update:
- there was a regression (YANGTOOLS-1407) detected in lispflow integration, that is taken care of
- https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:sulfur-mri is started, with most of the patches in a reasonable shape
- of that, there are some prerequisites in OFP which can be merged --
and Sangwook already merged most of them
- there is a model-vs-code impedance in OFP, I will looking into that tomorrow -- either the code needs to be adjusted or the model, both are quite easy to do
- there is the same problem in lispflowmapping, I think I know the answer, but fired an email at Lori to confirm
- both netconf and bgpcep builds are passing to ~50% mark

The major outstanding item are the MD-SAL regressions detected in ovsdb (and same thing is biting netconf) and bgpcep, tracked as MDSAL-731 and MDSAL-735 respectivelly.

I believe they are manifestations on of a problem with the new RuntimeType code -- and seem to have a good idea as to what needs to be done. I am currently working on a prototype. In terms of progress, it needs a bit of work for a test drive, but so far the code challenges are asking all the right questions, AFAICT.

If all goes well, I should have a fix ready tomorrow, but I won't know until it's complete enough to face testing.

Chlorine release schedule proposal

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello TSC and all

Please let me know if you have any feedback on this proposal

ODL Release Manager

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 12:58 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> Hello TSC and all
>
> We are going to code freeze Sulfur for all Managed Projects ( cut and
> lock release branches ) on Monday March  14th at 10 am UTC
>
> Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch
> after code freezes

 From MRI perspective, we are ... 5? ... months behind the schedule. The
good news is that MDSAL-696, which was blocking yangtools-8 -> mdsal-9
integration is done and dusted.

Next steps are to integrate with:
- controller-5 (done unless maven-verify finds something)
- aaa-0.15 (should be a breeze)
- netconf-3 (not trivial, but the pieces should be mostly there)
- bgpcep-0.17 (not sure, if we pass this we should be okay overall)

As it stands, I expect the MRI projects to be ready to integrate on
Friday the 11th, with bgpcep-0.17 integration gating yangtools-8 release.

great news, so sounds like we can still move forward with Sulfur code freeze on 9/14 ...

> Daniel de la Rosa
> ODL Release Manager
>
> Thanks
>
> ps. Release schedule and checklist for your reference
>
> https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Sulfur+GA+Release+Checklist
> <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Sulfur+GA+Release+Checklist>
>
> https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html
> <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html>
>
> --
> Daniel de la Rosa
> ODL Release Manager

TSC Meeting for March 10, 2022 at 9 am Pacific

The next TSC meeting is March 10, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.

As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki

at the following URL:

Re: [release] Sulfur code freeze

Hello TSC and all
We are going to code freeze Sulfur for all Managed Projects ( cut and lock release branches ) on Monday March  14th at 10 am UTC
Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch after code freezes
From MRI perspective, we are ... 5? ... months behind the schedule. The good news is that MDSAL-696, which was blocking yangtools-8 -> mdsal-9 integration is done and dusted.

Next steps are to integrate with:
- controller-5 (done unless maven-verify finds something)
- aaa-0.15 (should be a breeze)
- netconf-3 (not trivial, but the pieces should be mostly there)
- bgpcep-0.17 (not sure, if we pass this we should be okay overall)

As it stands, I expect the MRI projects to be ready to integrate on Friday the 11th, with bgpcep-0.17 integration gating yangtools-8 release.

ODL Release Manager
Thanks
ps. Release schedule and checklist for your reference
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Sulfur+GA+Release+Checklist <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Sulfur+GA+Release+Checklist>
https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html>
ODL Release Manager

Sulfur code freeze

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello TSC and all

We are going to code freeze Sulfur for all Managed Projects ( cut and lock release branches ) on Monday March  14th at 10 am UTC

Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch after code freezes

Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager

Thanks

ps. Release schedule and checklist for your reference

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Sulfur+GA+Release+Checklist

Re: int/test committer promotion

Luis Gomez

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/99972/1/INFO.yaml

btw I am sending a separated mail to cleanup int/test committer list.

BR/Luis

On Mar 4, 2022, at 2:33 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 04/03/2022 08:22, Venkatrangan Govindarajan wrote:
Hi Luis,
  TSC has approved the promotion.
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/I14EAQ <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/I14EAQ>
@Ha, Sangwook <mailto:sangwook.ha@...>, @Tomáš Cére <mailto:tomas.cere@...>  Congratulations!!, Please raise the ticket for getting the access to the projects in gerrit.

Congrats as well.

Actually no ticket is needed -- just update this file: https://github.com/opendaylight/integration-test/blob/master/INFO.yaml and the rights should become effective pretty much immediately (though may require relogin into gerrit).

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] int/test committer promotion

Luis Gomez

Congratulations both int/test new committers.

(I could not make the TSC call yesterday due to a last minute issue).

BR/Luis

On Mar 4, 2022, at 9:07 AM, Ghazisaidi, Navid <navid.ghazisaidi@...> wrote:

congrats to both of you!

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 4:25 AM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
+1, congrats Tomas and Sangwook.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 11:23 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi TSC colleagues,

Can we pass a vote today to have Sangwook and Tomas (in cc) promoted to int/test committers?

As you can see below, they both have sufficient contribution and a majority (and the totality) of active int/test committers support the promotion.

Thanks
Luis

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] Committer promotion
Date: February 23, 2022 at 7:47:09 AM PST
To: Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...>, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>
Cc: integration-dev@..., Tomáš Cére <tomas.cere@...>, "Ha, Sangwook" <sangwook.ha@...>

+1

On 2/22/22 10:36 PM, Venkatrangan Govindarajan wrote:
+1

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022, 03:54 Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to nominate Sangwook Ha and Tomas Cere for int/test committers. Both have substantial contribution in the int/test project (see below links) and will be excellent additions to the project.

int/test committers, please vote in this thread so we can send the vote to the TSC.

Here is my +1

BR/Luis

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] int/test committer promotion

Ghazisaidi, Navid

From: Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>
Date: February 23, 2022 at 7:47:09 AM PST
To: Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...>, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>
Cc: integration-dev@..., Tomáš Cére <tomas.cere@...>, "Ha, Sangwook" <sangwook.ha@...>

+1

On 2/22/22 10:36 PM, Venkatrangan Govindarajan wrote:
+1

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022, 03:54 Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to nominate Sangwook Ha and Tomas Cere for int/test committers. Both have substantial contribution in the int/test project (see below links) and will be excellent additions to the project.

int/test committers, please vote in this thread so we can send the vote to the TSC.

Here is my +1

BR/Luis

Re: int/test committer promotion

Robert Varga

On 04/03/2022 08:22, Venkatrangan Govindarajan wrote:
Hi Luis,
  TSC has approved the promotion.
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/I14EAQ <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/I14EAQ>
@Ha, Sangwook <mailto:sangwook.ha@...>, @Tomáš Cére <mailto:tomas.cere@...>  Congratulations!!, Please raise the ticket for getting the access to the projects in gerrit.
Congrats as well.

Actually no ticket is needed -- just update this file: https://github.com/opendaylight/integration-test/blob/master/INFO.yaml and the rights should become effective pretty much immediately (though may require relogin into gerrit).

Re: int/test committer promotion

Venkatrangan Govindarajan

Hi Luis,

  TSC has approved the promotion.

 @Ha, Sangwook@Tomáš Cére  Congratulations!!, Please raise the ticket for getting the access to the projects in gerrit.

Regards,
Rangan(gvrangan)

வெள்., 4 மார்., 2022, முற்பகல் 6:53 அன்று, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> எழுதியது:

From: Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>
Date: February 23, 2022 at 7:47:09 AM PST
To: Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...>, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>
Cc: integration-dev@..., Tomáš Cére <tomas.cere@...>, "Ha, Sangwook" <sangwook.ha@...>

+1

On 2/22/22 10:36 PM, Venkatrangan Govindarajan wrote:
+1

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022, 03:54 Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to nominate Sangwook Ha and Tomas Cere for int/test committers. Both have substantial contribution in the int/test project (see below links) and will be excellent additions to the project.

int/test committers, please vote in this thread so we can send the vote to the TSC.

Here is my +1

Venkatrangan Govindarajan
( When there is no wind...Row )

From: Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>
Date: February 23, 2022 at 7:47:09 AM PST
To: Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...>, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>
Cc: integration-dev@..., Tomáš Cére <tomas.cere@...>, "Ha, Sangwook" <sangwook.ha@...>

+1

On 2/22/22 10:36 PM, Venkatrangan Govindarajan wrote:
+1

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022, 03:54 Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to nominate Sangwook Ha and Tomas Cere for int/test committers. Both have substantial contribution in the int/test project (see below links) and will be excellent additions to the project.

int/test committers, please vote in this thread so we can send the vote to the TSC.

Here is my +1

BR/Luis

OpenDaylight 2022 TSC Election Nomination period is open

Casey Cain

Hello everyone,

The election and nomination process is for those individuals who have committer rights on one or more OpenDaylight Projects and Active Community Members (ACM). All OpenDaylight Committers and ACMs can nominate themselves, run for election, and vote in the election for the Committer-At-Large seats on the TSC.
  • A Committer is a contributor that has the authority, and responsibility to submit changes to an OpenDaylight software repository.
    • 5 seats
  • Active Community Members: Anyone from the OpenDaylight community with twenty (20) or more measurable contributions during the previous 12-month period, inclusive of code merged, code reviews performed, wiki page edits, or JIRA activities.
    • 2 seats

Details on the election process may be found here.

Dates to Remember

Nomination Period: 04 Mar 2022 to 17 Mar 2022
Voting Period: 17 Mar 2022 to 31 Mar 2022

How to participate

Members who are interested in joining the TSC must self-nominate before the nomination period closes here: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/Zl0EAQ

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

Re: ODL Urgent Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

Maintenance is complete. If you have any issues please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Thank you,
Vanessa

What: Ingress, Nexus, Jenkins sandbox and production maintenance

When: Now

Why: The Hypervisor on these servers has a failing NIC which is resulting in dropped packets. We are migrating the systems before the issue worsens

Impact: Each system will be down for approximately 15 minutes

Jenkins is being placed in shutdown mode. Maintenance will start when jobs complete

Thank you,
Vanessa

ODL Urgent Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

What: Ingress, Nexus, Jenkins sandbox and production maintenance

When: Now

Why: The Hypervisor on these servers has a failing NIC which is resulting in dropped packets. We are migrating the systems before the issue worsens

Impact: Each system will be down for approximately 15 minutes

Jenkins is being placed in shutdown mode. Maintenance will start when jobs complete

Thank you,
Vanessa

TSC Meeting for March 3, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

The next TSC meeting is March 3, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific Time.
As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki
at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/bVsEAQ

Re: [integration-dev] [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Phosphorus SR2

Daniel de la Rosa

Thanks Luis. Guillaume, could you please update release notes and downloads for Phosphorous SR2

On Sun, Feb 27, 2022 at 10:22 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:

On Feb 23, 2022, at 1:30 PM, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:

Thanks Giles. Luis you can proceed with the distribution.

Thank you all

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 2:46 AM <gilles.thouenon@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’ve released TransportPCE for P-SR2 (tag 4.2.0).

It looks OK on our side.

https://s3-logs.opendaylight.org/logs/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/transportpce-release-merge/26/console.log.gz

I’ve also just pushed the TransportPCE release note update.

Please tell us if something is missing.

Regards,

Gilles Thouenon