Date

Re: [releng][TSC] phosphorus release status - master branch has been locked

Daniel de la Rosa

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 5:17 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 2:45 AM Anil Belur <abelur@...
> <mailto:abelur@...>> wrote:
>

>     On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 3:29 PM Daniel de la Rosa
>     <ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>> wrote:
>
>         Thanks Anil. Robert,  please correct me if I'm wrong, but we
>         have to wait for [1] to be fixed before we can pick a RC
>
>         [1]
>         https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/97467
>         <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/97467>
>
>         Anil, i think next release code name should be Sulfur
>         <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur>
>
>     Yes, We need Luis or someone from the integration team to merge
>     97467, then we can pick up the subsequent AR build.
>

> 97467 is merged, so i guess i can pick AR #211, Integration #167. There
> are some CSIT failures
>
> https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/167/csit_failed_tests.txt.gz
> <https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/167/csit_failed_tests.txt.gz>
>
> so i guess we have to just evaluate that. @Anil Belur
> <mailto:abelur@...>  can you produce the spreadsheet for
> phosphorus? i dont have privileges to come up with a new one

I have retriggered the job, as the OVSDB/OFP test cases failed with:

> Waiting to initialize infrastructure...
> WARN: Failed to initialize stack. Reason: Resource CREATE failed: Forbidden: resources.vm_1_group.resources[0].resources.instance: Quota exceeded for ram: Requested 8192, but already used 999424 of 1000000 ram (HTTP 403) (Request-ID: req-5e8808dd-c609-418c-83e7-a0078a080051)

i.e. instance limits, again :(

Phosphorus AR#212 integration #169 has only one test case failed

so looks to me like a good RC candidate

Bye,
Robert

https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/167/csit_failed_tests.txt.gz <https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/167/csit_failed_tests.txt.gz>

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 2:45 AM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 3:29 PM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Thanks Anil. Robert,  please correct me if I'm wrong, but we have to wait for [1] to be fixed before we can pick a RC

Anil, i think next release code name should be Sulfur

Yes, We need Luis or someone from the integration team to merge 97467, then we can pick up the subsequent AR build.

97467 is merged, so i guess i can pick AR #211, Integration #167. There are some CSIT failures

so i guess we have to just evaluate that. @Anil Belur  can you produce the spreadsheet for phosphorus? i dont have privileges to come up with a new one

thanks

Re: [release] Phosphorus Code Freeze for formal release

Luis Gomez

Sure, I think I caught up with int/dist and int/test pending patches, let me know if something is missing review/merge.

BR/Luis

On Sep 21, 2021, at 10:01 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 15/09/2021 17:29, Luis Gomez wrote:
Looks like we have a regression on bgpcep:

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/bgpcep-csit-1node-userfeatures-all-phosphorus/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/bgpcep-csit-1node-userfeatures-all-phosphorus/>
Yes, the failures are caused by int/test's libraries not being able to deal with the new Entity Ownership Service implementation.

Tomas is working on fixing that here: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/97467

Once that is addressed and we still have real failures, we'll solve them through a bgpcep version bump.
So aside from the CSIT updates we'll also need an updated bgpcep release because we have busted BMP server-side and all test tools.
bgpcep-0.16.5 is being promoted now to address these issues.
So stable/phosphorus should be okay (once jobs are populated), but sulfur needs https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/distribution/+/97582 merged.

Luis, can you take a look, please?

On Sep 14, 2021, at 1:41 PM, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>> wrote:

Hello TSC and all

We are going to codefreezePhosphorus for all Managed Projects ( cut and lock release branches ) on Monday September 20th at 10 am pst

Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch after code freezes

Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager

Thanks

ps. Release schedule and checklist for your reference

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Phosphorus+Formal+Release+Checklist <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Phosphorus+Formal+Release+Checklist>

https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html>

[...]

Anil Belur

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 3:29 PM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Thanks Anil. Robert,  please correct me if I'm wrong, but we have to wait for [1] to be fixed before we can pick a RC

Anil, i think next release code name should be Sulfur

Yes, We need Luis or someone from the integration team to merge 97467, then we can pick up the subsequent AR build.

Re: [releng][TSC] phosphorus release status - master branch has been locked

Daniel de la Rosa

Thanks Anil. Robert,  please correct me if I'm wrong, but we have to wait for [1] to be fixed before we can pick a RC

Anil, i think next release code name should be Sulfur

Thanks

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 7:30 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 10:01 AM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello all,

The master branch is locked for Phosphorus code freeze and branch cutting ("stable/phosphorus") and master branch will be promoted to next (Sulphur). Once the version bump and the release activities are complete, I will notify the status here.

Hello all,

The version bump is complete, the master branch is promoted to the next release (Sulfer) and the "stable/phosphorous" branch is created.
The master branch is unlocked and is open for development, while the "stable/phosphorous" branch remains locked until the phosphorous release.

New Jenkins jobs for the phosphorous stream will be added once the CR [1.] is merged.

[releng][TSC] Decommision Nexus Log sever from Oct 1st, 2021.

Anil Belur

Hello all,

Presently, all of our CI job logs are shipped and stored on AWS S3 bucket [1.] and on Nexus2 Log server [2.]. We have been shipping/storing logs on the AWS S3 bucket, since this was enabled last year (Nov, 2020). Going forward the Nexus2 log server will be decommissioned and the Nexus2 server will exclusively host OpendayLight artifacts.

Starting from October 1st, 2021 the Nexus logs server will be decommissioned, and ${LOG_SERVER} configuration on Jenkins will be re-configured to ship/store logs/files only on AWS S3 buckets, and any existing logs on the Nexus2 log server will be purged and the storage will be freed.

This requires the below change to be reviewed:

[...]

Phosphorus release, input to marketing

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello TSC and all

As we agree, I have updated the filters on this page.

to try to capture the bug fixes and enhancements for each of the managed projects since phosphorus started ( 3/17/2021).

Please  let us know if this list of jira tickets is representative of the work for each of your projects in this release. Additionally and more important, please  provide a summary on the page or reply with this email, with the highlights for each of your projects so LFN marketing can get ready for this release.

Here is phosphorus checklist and jira dashboard for your reference

Thanks

Re: [ODL Discuss] LFx OpenDaylight Chat beta

Casey Cain

I am meeting with the team next week on Wednesday.  I'll try to get some more specifics and pass on the current feedback.

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 5:54 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
FYI I installed the recommended app and did not work either. We probably need Casey to show how this works tomorrow.

On Sep 15, 2021, at 10:55 AM, manoj chokka <cmanoj8@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Same for me too. Failed to join room No known server.

BR
Manoj

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 3:37 PM Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...> wrote:
Hi all

I did try joining from my web browser with app.element.io
but I got the error message " Failed to join room - No known servers"
Is anyone experimenting the same issue ?

BR
Guillaume