Date

Re: [infra][tsc] jenkins.opendaylight.org: All jobs paused

Anil Belur

$SUBJECT corrected.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:14 AM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Apologies for the inconvenience, but we are having an issue with our license for all Nexus servers. Since these servers hold logs for all jobs, and work as proxy and storage for Docker and other packages, we have put Jenkins into Shutdown Mode, which will put all jobs on hold until we get the Nexus systems back up.

I'll let you all know as soon as we're back up and running.

[infra][tsc] jenkins.edgexfoundry.org: All jobs paused

Anil Belur

Hello all,

Apologies for the inconvenience, but we are having an issue with our license for all Nexus servers. Since these servers hold logs for all jobs, and work as proxy and storage for Docker and other packages, we have put Jenkins into Shutdown Mode, which will put all jobs on hold until we get the Nexus systems back up.

I'll let you all know as soon as we're back up and running.

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon SR2 release status

Daniel de la Rosa

Thanks Anil.  Transport PCE team, please proceed at your earliest convenience

Release Manager

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 2:47 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello All,

OpenDaylight Silicon SR2 version bump is complete and the staging repository is being promoted. The 'stable/silicon' branch is unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Silicon SR2.
2. Release Distribution once step 1. is complete.
3. Release notes merge CR: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/97278
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Silicon SR1 release.

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html

[opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon SR2 release status

Anil Belur

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Silicon SR2 version bump is complete and the staging repository is being promoted. The 'stable/silicon' branch is unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Silicon SR2.
2. Release Distribution once step 1. is complete.
3. Release notes merge CR: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/97278
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Silicon SR1 release.

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html

Updated Bulk Archive Approval List

Manish Kumar Barnwal

Hello everyone,

As per the discussion, in today's meeting, I have updated the list and removed the already approved archive projects. Kindly check this list now and let me know if any further modifications are required.

Thanks and Regards,
Manish

Re: [release] Silicon SR2 Approval

Anil Belur

Greetings All,

We are seeing some swap/java heap errors in the logs ODL Nexus (addressed in ticket IT-22718) and are in the process of upgrading ODL Nexus2.
As soon as the upgrade is complete, I'll proceed with the Silicon SR2 release. Apologies for the delay.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 12:25 AM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Andrew, is Anil out of office ?

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 9:48 PM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Anil,  As you can see SR2 has been approved so please proceed as soon as possible

Thanks

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 9:52 AM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Hello Anil and all

Once you approve this RC, please proceed to release Silicon SR2 as soon as possible

Thanks

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 9:27 AM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Hello TSC

As we discussed on today's TSC call and in this email thread below

Please vote to approve Silicon AR#377 as a Service Release 2 below

Thanks

TSC Meeting for August 19, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific

Next TSC meeting is August 19, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:

[...]

Re: [OpenDaylight Infrastructure] IT-22529 Vexxhost stack instantiation failed

Robert Varga

On 22/07/2021 17:14, Luis Gomez wrote:
Couple of comments regarding distribution test duration:
Sorry for the late reply,

- I saw the netconf scale test can take from 6 to 10 hours so I filled
this patch to reduce that time, otherwise we can move it to the weekend
like the longevity tests:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/97011
<https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/97011>
We have https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/INTTEST-125 tracking this
problem. I already have a prototype patch, but it needs a few fixes to
restconf and finishing up.

- AR Aluminium is still running once a day, should we set this to
weekly? AFAIR we did that for the 2nd stable branch in the past.

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/>
Might make sense, then again we are about 5 weeks from desupporting
Aluminium completely...

BR/Luis

On Jul 21, 2021, at 3:46 PM, Robert Varga <nite@...
<mailto:nite@...>> wrote:

So this again is interplay between CSIT, Vexxhost, openstack and us.

There were wide-scale Jenkins problems during past 24 hours, as for
example:

1.
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/390/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/390/>
spent 12 hours waiting in the queue. This job normally executes within
90 minutes.

2.
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/distribution/job/integration-distribution-test-aluminium/507/
has 2 new failures in three-node scenarios

3.
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/distribution/job/distribution-merge-managed-aluminium/4928/
took 13 hours to build.
It usually completes in 20 minutes.

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/distribution/job/distribution-merge-managed-aluminium/4928/console
reveals this:

01:03:35 -----END_OF_BUILD-----
This is after end of build, i.e. post-build actions which the ODL
community has no way of affecting.

01:03:35 [JaCoCo plugin] Loading packages..
12:21:28 [JaCoCo plugin] Done.
i.e. it took 11 hours and 18 minutes...

12:21:28 [JaCoCo plugin] Loading packages..
12:26:24 [JaCoCo plugin] Done.
... then 5 minutes ...

12:26:24 [JaCoCo plugin] Loading packages..
13:43:35 [JaCoCo plugin] Done.
... and some 76 minutes ...

13:43:35 [JaCoCo plugin] Loading packages..
14:25:10 [JaCoCo plugin] Done.
... and some 42 minutes ...

14:25:10 [JaCoCo plugin] Loading packages..
14:25:20 [JaCoCo plugin] Done.
14:25:20 [PostBuildScript] - [ERROR] An error occured during
post-build processing.
14:25:32
org.jenkinsci.plugins.postbuildscript.PostBuildScriptException:
java.lang.InterruptedException
and this is me, taking that job out back. It probably would still be
running, holding back retriggers (of which 7 have since passed
successfully).

While all of this was going on, https://status.linuxfoundation.org/
shows OpenDaylight infra to be happy as a clam the last 24 hours.

Something is seriously not adding up here and it is Not Fun[*].

[*] All of this delayed Phosphorus CSIT results by ~10 hours, i.e. no
new data during morning CET.

On 21/07/2021 22:22, Project Services wrote:
—-—-—-—
—-—-—-—
Reply above this line.

Hello *Robert Varga*,

*Eric Ball* has added a comment on your request *IT-22529*
<https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-22529?sda_source=notification-email>:

   _The resource usage is currently low, so I was able to successfully
   re-run the ovsdb job. I'm re-running the openflowplugin job now.

   I'll also submit a request to Vexxhost to expand or remove the
   memory cap. We have a limit to the total number of instances active
   at once, which should keep our resource usage from hitting any of
   the usage caps. But it seems that the memory cap doesn't take into
   account the ram used by stacks dynamically spun up by the jobs, so a
   large number of those jobs running concurrently can still have this
   issue._

You may reply to their comment *here
<https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-22529?sda_source=notification-email>*

Hello *Robert Varga*,

*System Administrator* changed the status of your request *IT-22529
<https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-22529?sda_source=notification-email>*
to *Waiting for customer*.

View request
<https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-22529?sda_source=notification-email>
· Turn off this request's notifications
<https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-22529/unsubscribe?jwt=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJxc2giOiI0Nzc2OWVjZGY5OTNhYzM4ZjczYTNlMWZhNTY0YWViOGZmODM0ZjYzZWYyZjEzMjUzMTQ1NjU0OTg5ZGYwMTMyIiwiaXNzIjoic2VydmljZWRlc2stand0LXRva2VuLWlzc3VlciIsImNvbnRleHQiOnsidXNlciI6InJvdmFyZ2EiLCJpc3N1ZSI6IklULTIyNTI5In0sImV4cCI6MTYyOTMxODEwNCwiaWF0IjoxNjI2ODk4OTA0fQ.Dw61-8vZTZJFaz5psnA6RauRWMALf-ctSJIQun61XwY>

This is shared with ODL and Robert Varga.

Help Center, powered by Jira Service Desk
<https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk/powered-by?utm_medium=email&utm_source=service-desk_email-notification_server&utm_campaign=service-desk_email-notification_server>,
sent you this message.

[...]

Silicon SR2 Approval

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello TSC

As we discussed on today's TSC call and in this email thread below

Please vote to approve Silicon AR#377 as a Service Release 2 below

Thanks

Re: [release] Silicon Code Freeze for SR2

Daniel de la Rosa

Thanks, I'll put 377 as silicon sr2 RC so tsc can vote on it

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 7:35 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

> On 12/08/2021 07:01, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Tonight's Silicon AR failed but not sure if it is a showstopper issue
>>
>> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/375/
>> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/375/>
>
> Yeah, I screwed up lispflowmapping's versions, but it is all good now,
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/377/
> passed and CSIT is already scheduled.
>
> The MRI test suite is already running here:
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-distribution-mri-test-silicon/61/

And it looks mighty good.

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-distribution-test-silicon/414/
is also not all that bad, although it has a single failure -- I have
retriggered it to see if it was just a transient.

Overall I would say
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/377/
is a good RC.

> [...]
>>         >>     blocker bug
>>         >>     >>                         fixes in release branch
>>         after code freezes
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>                         Daniel de la Rosa
>>         >>     >>                         ODL Release Manager
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>                         Thanks
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>                         ps. Release schedule and
>>         checklist for
>>         >>     >>                         your reference
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>
>>           https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR2+Release+Checklist
>>         <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR2+Release+Checklist>
>>         >>
>>          <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR2+Release+Checklist
>>         <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR2+Release+Checklist>>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>
>>           <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR2+Release+Checklist
>>         <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR2+Release+Checklist>
>>         >>
>>          <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR2+Release+Checklist
>>         <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR2+Release+Checklist>>>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>
>>           https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html
>>         <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html>
>>         >>
>>          <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html
>>         <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html>>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>
>>           <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html
>>         <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html>
>>         >>
>>          <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html
>>         <https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html>>>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>                         Thanks
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >>
>>         >>     >
>>         >>     >
>>         >>     >
>>         >>     >
>>         >>     >
>>         >>     >
>>         >>     >         --
>>         >>     >         Venkatrangan Govindarajan
>>         >>     >         ( When there is no wind...Row )

Re: TSC Meeting for August 12, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello all.

Luis won’t be able to make it to today’s meeting. I’ll be there for the first 30 min.

Thanks

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 7:18 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

Next TSC meeting is August 12, 2021 at 9 am Pacific Time.

<mailto:gmail.com@...>
<mailto:gmail.com@...>>
<mailto:gmail.com@...>

 <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...
<mailto:gmail.com@...>
<mailto:gmail.com@...>>
<mailto:gmail.com@...>
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
>>     <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>>> wrote:
>>     >
>>     >                     Thanks Luis  @Robert Varga
<mailto:nite@... <mailto:nite@...>
>>     <mailto:nite@... <mailto:nite@...>>>  lets
>>     >                     review on today's TSC
>>     >
>>     >                     On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 8:31 AM
Luis Gomez
>>     >                     <ecelgp@...
<mailto:ecelgp@...> <mailto:ecelgp@...
<mailto:ecelgp@...>>
>>     <mailto:ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>
<mailto:ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>>>> wrote:
>>     >
>>     >                         Hi Daniel,
>>     >
>>     >                         Looking at the MRI weekly CSIT
jobs, I see
>>     >                         couple of regressions in Silicon:
>>     >
>>     >

  https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/>>
>>     >

  <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/>>>
>>     >

  https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/>>
>>     >

  <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/>>>
>>     >
>>     >                         Not sure if this blocks the
release or not, I
>>     >                         guess Kernel folks can tell.
>>     >
>>     >                         BR/Luis
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >>                         On Jul 16, 2021, at 9:33 AM,
Daniel de la
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>
>>     >>
 <mailto:ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
>>     <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>>> wrote:
>>     >>
>>     >>                         Hello TSC and all
>>     >>
>>     >>                         We are going
to code freeze Silicon for all
>>     >>                         Managed Projects ( cut and
lock release
>>     >>                         branches ) on Monday July 19th
>>     >>
>>     >>                         Please remember that we only allow
>>     blocker bug
>>     >>                         fixes in release branch
after code freezes
>>     >>
>>     >>                         Daniel de la Rosa
>>     >>                         ODL Release Manager
>>     >>
>>     >>                         Thanks
>>     >>
>>     >>                         ps. Release schedule and
checklist for

<mailto:gmail.com@...>
<mailto:gmail.com@...>>
<mailto:gmail.com@...>

 <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...
<mailto:gmail.com@...>
<mailto:gmail.com@...>>
<mailto:gmail.com@...>
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
>>     <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>>> wrote:
>>     >
>>     >                     Thanks Luis  @Robert Varga
<mailto:nite@... <mailto:nite@...>
>>     <mailto:nite@... <mailto:nite@...>>>  lets
>>     >                     review on today's TSC
>>     >
>>     >                     On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 8:31 AM
Luis Gomez
>>     >                     <ecelgp@...
<mailto:ecelgp@...> <mailto:ecelgp@...
<mailto:ecelgp@...>>
>>     <mailto:ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>
<mailto:ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>>>> wrote:
>>     >
>>     >                         Hi Daniel,
>>     >
>>     >                         Looking at the MRI weekly CSIT
jobs, I see
>>     >                         couple of regressions in Silicon:
>>     >
>>     >

  https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/>>
>>     >

  <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/controller/job/controller-csit-3node-clustering-ask-all-silicon/>>>
>>     >

  https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/>>
>>     >

  <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/>

 <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/netconf/job/netconf-csit-1node-userfeatures-rfc8040-all-silicon/>>>
>>     >
>>     >                         Not sure if this blocks the
release or not, I
>>     >                         guess Kernel folks can tell.
>>     >
>>     >                         BR/Luis
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >>                         On Jul 16, 2021, at 9:33 AM,
Daniel de la
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>
>>     >>
 <mailto:ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
>>     <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>>> wrote:
>>     >>
>>     >>                         Hello TSC and all
>>     >>
>>     >>                         We are going
to code freeze Silicon for all
>>     >>                         Managed Projects ( cut and
lock release
>>     >>                         branches ) on Monday July 19th
>>     >>
>>     >>                         Please remember that we only allow
>>     blocker bug
>>     >>                         fixes in release branch
after code freezes
>>     >>
>>     >>                         Daniel de la Rosa
>>     >>                         ODL Release Manager
>>     >>
>>     >>                         Thanks
>>     >>
>>     >>                         ps. Release schedule and
checklist for

<mailto:gmail.com@...>

<mailto:gmail.com@...>

<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>

<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>
>>                         <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...
<mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>>> wrote:

>>                         Hello TSC and all
>>
>>                         We are going to code freeze Silicon for all
>>                         Managed Projects ( cut and lock release
>>                         branches ) on Monday July 19th
>>
>>                         Please remember that we only allow
blocker bug
>>                         fixes in release branch after code freezes
>>
>>                         Daniel de la Rosa
>>                         ODL Release Manager
>>
>>                         Thanks
>>
>>                         ps. Release schedule and checklist for