Date

Re: TSC Meeting for October 6 2022 at 9 am Pacific

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello Guilaume and all,  unfortunately I won't be able to attend today's meeting but Chlorine release is the only one pending at the moment. I'll update the milestone and other documents later this week.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 4:58 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

The next TSC meeting is October 6, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.

As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki

at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/wQSdAQ

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Anil Belur

Hi Manoj:

Most jobs for odl-plastic are unattended and there have been no releases for close to two years, so they have been removed from releng/builder.

I'm okay with not "archiving" the repository, since there is value or use cases that would benefit the project or community.
It would be great if you can propose a plan to maintain the project (committers, new features and/or releases etc).

Note: The archived projects are marked "Read-Only", and can always be changed to "Active" if a maintainer steps forward.

- ab

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 1:34 AM Chokka, Manoj <manoj.chokka@...> wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply.
We have had an internal discussion in Verizon and we wish to delay the archival of odl-plastic by one year.
We are still contemplating on the way forward for odl-plastic.
Until then we request the community to delay the archival by one year.

So, -1 for odl-plastic. and +1 for the rest.

Again apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you,

BR, Manoj

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 1:11 PM Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...> wrote:

+1

Fair enough to keep unimgr and l2switch for the moment.

BR

Guillaume

Od: integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...> v mene používateľa Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Odoslané: sobota, 1. októbra 2022 9:24:51
Komu: Robert Varga
Kópia: TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De; Donald Hunter
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: TSC approval of Chlorine release

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello Guillaume and  all

Since TransportPCE is  not ready, we are going to pick up another  AR as RC for Chlorine correct? Please let us  know as soon as you are ready

Thanks

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 9:29 PM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Hello TSC

Please approve Chlorine release as soon as possible

ODL Release Manager

TSC Meeting for October 6 2022 at 9 am Pacific

The next TSC meeting is October 6, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.

As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki

at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/wQSdAQ

TSC approval of Chlorine release

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello TSC

Please approve Chlorine release as soon as possible

ODL Release Manager

[it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window 19:00 Tue, 04 Oct 2022 - 21:00 Tue, 04 Oct 2022 PT

Anil Belur

What: LF will perform maintenance and updates on ODL systems.

When: 19:00 Tue, 04 Oct 2022 - 21:00 Tue, 04 Oct 2022 PT

Why: The cloud provider is in the process of performing maintenance across the compute nodes, which requires cold-migrating non-boot-from-volume servers for some of the LF projects.

Impact: Users may be unable to access any services (Gerrit, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus) during this time.

Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window.

Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and in #opendaylight on slack at the start and end of the maintenance.

OpenDaylight Survey

Casey Cain

Dear open source networking enthusiasts,

The OpenDaylight community and Linux Foundation Networking would like to invite you to complete a short survey about how you and your organization work with OpenDaylight software defined networking. The survey should take about 5 minutes to complete and is completely anonymous (we promise won't share your personal information with anyone). Results will be published on the ODL website and on social media once we've collected sufficient data points.

If you want to know more about OpenDaylight or Linux Foundation Networking, please visit https://www.opendaylight.org/ and https://lfnetworking.org/, respectively.

Thank you for your continued support and participation in this survey!

Best regards,
- LF Networking Team

Casey Cain
Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Chokka, Manoj

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply.
We have had an internal discussion in Verizon and we wish to delay the archival of odl-plastic by one year.
We are still contemplating on the way forward for odl-plastic.
Until then we request the community to delay the archival by one year.

So, -1 for odl-plastic. and +1 for the rest.

Again apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you,

BR, Manoj

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 1:11 PM Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...> wrote:

+1

Fair enough to keep unimgr and l2switch for the moment.

BR

Guillaume

Odoslané: sobota, 1. októbra 2022 9:24:51
Komu: Robert Varga
Kópia: TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De; Donald Hunter
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Robert Varga

On 30/09/2022 04:33, Anil Belur wrote:
Hello all,
Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.
Please vote: -1, 0, +1
+1.

Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Guillaume Lambert

+1

Fair enough to keep unimgr and l2switch for the moment.

BR

Guillaume

Odoslané: sobota, 1. októbra 2022 9:24:51
Komu: Robert Varga
Kópia: TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De; Donald Hunter
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Ivan Hrasko

+1

Ivan

Od: integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...> v mene používateľa Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Odoslané: sobota, 1. októbra 2022 9:24:51
Komu: Robert Varga
Kópia: TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De; Donald Hunter
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Venkatrangan Govindarajan

L2switch +1 useful for academic use

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 12:33 PM Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.

Please vote: -1, 0, +1

- Anil

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Andrew Grimberg

+1

-Andy-

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com>
--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering

NOTICE: The Linux Foundation supports their employees with flexible work
hours. If you recieve mail from me outside of standard business hours
please be aware that I do not expect a response until the next standard
business day.

Re: [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Robert Varga

On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
Hello TSC:
The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
- l2switch: Apr, 2021
-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it with it.

- dlux: Sept, 2020
+1

- dluxapps: Oct, 2020
+1

- netvirt: June, 2021
+1

- odlguice: Oct, 2020
+1

- odlmicro: Dec, 2020
+1

- odlsaf: Dec, 2020
+1

- odltools: Oct, 2020
+1

- p4plugin: Oct, 2020
+1

- plastic: Oct, 2020
+1

- unimgr: Sept, 2021
Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Re: [integration-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Ivan Hrasko

+1

Even when you will be a committer please continue in your practise to add us as a reviewers and inform us in slack.

Thank you!

Od: integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...> v mene používateľa Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...>
Odoslané: piatok, 30. septembra 2022 7:31:17
Komu: Anil Belur; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); Release; TSC
Kópia: Andrew Grimberg; Luis Gomez
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Hello

It really makes sense

+1

Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.

Please vote: -1, 0, +1

- Anil

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com

Orange Restricted

Re: [ODL Discuss] [OpenDaylight TSC] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Guillaume Lambert

Hello

+1 for each line too

Orange Restricted

Od: TSC@... <TSC@...> v mene používateľa Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...>
Odoslané: piatok, 30. septembra 2022 7:27:40
Komu: Daniel de la Rosa
Kópia: Anil Shashikumar Belur; TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De
Predmet: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

+1

வெள்., 30 செப்., 2022, முற்பகல் 10:56 அன்று, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> எழுதியது:

+1

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 7:35 PM Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello TSC:

The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.

- l2switch: Apr, 2021

- dlux: Sept, 2020

- dluxapps: Oct, 2020

- netvirt: June, 2021

- odlguice: Oct, 2020

- odlmicro: Dec, 2020

- odlsaf: Dec, 2020

- odltools: Oct, 2020

- p4plugin: Oct, 2020

- plastic: Oct, 2020

- unimgr: Sept, 2021

Please vote (+1,0,-1) for each of the projects (individually).

Once the voting is complete, I'll initiate the archival process that includes purging any jobs from JJB and marking the Gerrit repo as 'read-only'.

Venkatrangan Govindarajan
( When there is no wind...Row )

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Guillaume Lambert

Hello

It really makes sense

+1

Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.

Please vote: -1, 0, +1

- Anil

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com

Orange Restricted

Re: [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Ivan Hrasko

- l2switch: +1
- dlux: +1
- dluxapps: +1