Date

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Decommision SonarQube service (sonar.opendaylight.org)

Anil Belur

Hi Guillaume:

These are the default values configured for the quality gates for all ODL $projects. If required we can create custom gates and configure them to a list of $projects.
I don't see your GH id added to the projects members list. I am not sure if you can create/modify quality gates as non-admin user (we can give it a try). Please open a helpdesk ticket along with your Github account id and the project details. :-)

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 9:52 PM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Thanks Anil for your feedback at the TSC meeting.

As discussed, I’ve got a concern about the thresholds now configured in the quality gate.

They are currently configured to these values: >80% of Junit  coverage and <3% of Duplication code.

In my opinion, this default setting is not adapted to every project.

Is there a way to modify it and/or allow a per-project specific configuration ?
https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/opendaylight/quality_gates/show/6825

The interface at this URL seems to be the right place but is locked.

From: Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Date: Monday, April 26, 2021 at 8:11 PM
To: Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Cc: TSC <tsc@...>, "app-dev@..." <app-dev@...>, Release <release@...>, "'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...)" <integration-dev@...>, Casey Cain <ccain@...>, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...>, Navid <navid.ghazisaidi@...>, Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>
Subject: [E] Re: [integration-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] $PROJECT Termination review (based on inactivity)

As discussed with Casey in today's call, it would be more appropriate to consider any $projects that have not contributed to a code change in the last 8 months (ignoring the INFO.yaml changes submitted to the project by the Releng team). Now taking that into consideration, we have the following candidates ready for archival:

* alt-datastores

* bier

* coe

* detnet

* dluxapps

* groupbasedpolicy

* nemo

* honeycomb/vbd

* of-config

* opflex

* packetcable

* sfc

* snmp4sdn

* snmp

* telemetry

* tsdr

* usc

I am bouncing this email again on the app-dev lists to make sure anyone in the community is interested in maintaining the $project going forward.

TSC please vote on $project list (once approved the repositories will be marked "inactive", all CI Jobs and resources from the infrastructure will be removed).

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 10:42 AM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:

Hello TSC team:

As per section TSC Charter 2.3.5 [1.], the TSC is initiating a termination review for lack of activity (no commits in the last 18 months).

The list of ODL $PROJECT's that are candidates for archival, with the commit date for the last commit.
1. usc:
Total 3674 (delta 0), reused 3674 (delta 0)
* master - 56eca9d - Merge "Remove obsolete Maven Site configuration" - A H (2 years, 11 months ago)
2. packetcable:
* master - 71996a6 - Bump to odlparent 3.1.0 and yangtools 2.0.3 - Stephen Kitt (3 years ago)
3. opflex:
* master - 46b19e9 - Fix issues with config directory watching - Rob Adams (3 years, 1 month ago)

Once the review is approved by the TSC:
1. All jobs for the $PROJECT would be purged from Jenkins releng/builder repo.
2. The $PROJECT will be set to an inactive state on Gerrit.
3. The $PROJECT will be renamed/prefixed as "archived-$PROJECT" on Github/Gerrit.

Please add if I missed any projects, refer to the logs attached.

[1.] https://www.opendaylight.org/about/lifecycle-releases

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Decommision SonarQube service (sonar.opendaylight.org)

Anil Belur

Hi Robert:

I've uploaded tarball of the dump of the DB [1.], including metadata (conf and extensions/plugins). Please bring up an SonarCube instance and let us know if this meets the requirements.
After your confirmation, I'll go ahead and decommission the SonarCube service.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 6:15 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 28/04/2021 01:27, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hi Robert:

Hey Anil,

> There does not seem to be a way to export the reports for SonarCube past
> scans, since this is not available/supported. However, we can export the
> SonarCube DB (which includes the conf, extensions, DB), so that anyone
> can bring up a SonarCube instance and import the DB to view the past
> scan/reports.

Yes, a database export is what I was asking for, sorry for not being
clear :)

TSC Meeting for April 29 , 2021 at 10 pm Pacific

 Next TSC meeting is April 15, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/3CAF

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Decommision SonarQube service (sonar.opendaylight.org)

Robert Varga

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 3:52 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 22/04/2021 07:33, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello team,

Hello,

> SonarQube service [1.] has been transitioned to a cloud-based Sonarcloud
> service [2.]. Since the scans were done during August 2020, the
> SonarQube service [1.] will be decommissioned going forward.

Can we export the data from that instance and have it archived somewhere
reachable, please?

Re: [integration-dev] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window at 16:30 Sun, 25 2021 - 18:30 on Sun, 25 Apr 2021 PT

Anil Belur

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 8:14 PM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
Note: Jenkins jobs python tools install script throws a benign warning:

12:08:59   WARNING: Value for scheme.platlib does not match. Please report this to <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9617>
12:08:59   WARNING: Value for scheme.headers does not match. Please report this to <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9617>

I'm digging into this further.

The warnings message in the console logs can be ignored since these warnings do not fail the jobs. The workaround is to pin the pip version to the previous release ~= 21.0.1 is not an ideal.
Jenkins sandbox plugins are updated aswell.

Cheers

[...]

Hello all,

Jenkins update to 2.277.3 caused some of the jobs to fail, due to plugin incompatibility. I had to put Jenkins in a quick shutdown mode to resolve these.
Now the Jenkins plugins are updated. However, if you still notice issues with any of the jobs, please open a helpdesk ticket.

Note: Jenkins jobs python tools install script throws a benign warning:

12:08:59   WARNING: Value for scheme.platlib does not match. Please report this to <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9617>
12:08:59   WARNING: Value for scheme.headers does not match. Please report this to <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9617>

I'm digging into this further.

Jenkins (releng) has been removed from shutdown mode is back online.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 9:57 AM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
What: LF will perform maintenance and updates on ODL systems.

When: 16:30 Sun, 25 Apr 2021 - 18:30 Sun, 25 Apr 2021 PT (9:00 Mon, 26th Apr 2021 - 11:00 Mon, 26th Apr 2021 AEST)

Why: LF will install system updates on all ODL nodes and services.

Impact: Users may be unable to access any services (Jira, Gerrit, Wiki, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus) during this time.

Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window.
Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and in #opendaylight on Freenode at the start and end of the maintenance.

Re: [integration-dev] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window at 16:30 Sun, 25 2021 - 18:30 on Sun, 25 Apr 2021 PT

Anil Belur

After the updates, I've noticed issues with OpenStack clean up cron jobs, am digging into this further.

12:08:55 Generating Requirements File
12:08:59   WARNING: Value for scheme.platlib does not match. Please report this to <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9617>
12:08:59   distutils: /home/jenkins/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages
12:08:59   sysconfig: /home/jenkins/.local/lib64/python3.6/site-packages
12:08:59   WARNING: Value for scheme.headers does not match. Please report this to <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9617>
12:08:59   distutils: /home/jenkins/.local/include/python3.6m/setuptools
12:08:59   sysconfig: /home/jenkins/.local/include/python3.6/setuptools
12:08:59   WARNING: Additional context:
12:08:59   user = True
12:08:59   home = None
12:08:59   root = None
12:08:59   prefix = None

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 12:29 PM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
ODL  maintenance window is completed and all ODL services are resumed.

Thank you for your patience.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 9:57 AM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
What: LF will perform maintenance and updates on ODL systems.

When: 16:30 Sun, 25 Apr 2021 - 18:30 Sun, 25 Apr 2021 PT (9:00 Mon, 26th Apr 2021 - 11:00 Mon, 26th Apr 2021 AEST)

Why: LF will install system updates on all ODL nodes and services.

Impact: Users may be unable to access any services (Jira, Gerrit, Wiki, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus) during this time.

Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window.
Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and in #opendaylight on Freenode at the start and end of the maintenance.

Re: [release] ODL Helm chart meeting

Casey Cain

I've created the meeting.  :)

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 7:34 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hi Luis,

I'll message Casey to send out a meeting request, if not I'll start a zoom meeting for this week so that we can start the discussions.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 11:10 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi Casey,

Can you please set "Helm Chart" meeting every Monday 6:30-7:00 PM PDT starting this Monday?

Thanks/Luis

[...]

ODL Helm chart meeting

Luis Gomez

[...]

TSC Meeting forApril 22, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Next TSC meeting is April 22, 2021 at 9 am Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/xyAF