Date   

Re: Phosphorus release schedule update

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Thanks Guillaume, Could you or the documentation team also update the downloads page for Silicon?


also update the documentation page to include stable/silicon on the side menu and here


Thanh used to do this so not sure who can take over that now

thanks


On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 2:52 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel

 

Sure, I will prepare a change for that.

Note that the docs master branch still points to Silicon for the moment.

We have to wait for the stable/silicon branch creation to make the master branch point to phosphorus and merge this change.

 

Best Regards

Guillaume

 

De : Daniel de la Rosa [mailto:ddelarosa0707@...]
Envoyé : mercredi 31 mars 2021 06:44
À : ODL Docs
Cc : LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN; TSC
Objet : Phosphorus release schedule update

 

Hello Documentation team

 

Could you please help me update ODL Phosphorus release schedule. Basically replace Aluminium with Phosphorus 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Re: ODL Helm chart group

Venkatrangan Govindarajan
 

Hi Luis,

 I am willing to contribute

வியா., 8 ஏப்., 2021, பிற்பகல் 10:08 அன்று, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> எழுதியது:

Hi everyone,

We are trying to organize some work for creating docker images and helm charts for ODL. In order to kick-off this work, schedule a call, etc, I would like to know who would be interested in contributing. Please reply to this mail or unicast to me if you prefer.

Thanks/Luis




--
Venkatrangan Govindarajan
( When there is no wind...Row )


Re: ODL Helm chart

Luis Gomez
 

Hi Dan, thanks for the pointer :)


On Apr 8, 2021, at 9:51 AM, TIMONEY, DAN <dt5972@...> wrote:

Luis, Anil:
 
ONAP also creates a base OpenDaylight docker container, based on the ONAP-specific ODL tarball.  Here’s a link to the code that creates the Aluminum version of that docker:
 
 
Dan
 
-- 
Dan Timoney
Lead Member of Tech Staff
ONAP Project Technical Lead : CCSDK and SDNC projects
 
 
From: <TSC@...> on behalf of Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>
Date: Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 7:02 PM
To: Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Cc: discuss <Discuss@...>, TSC <TSC@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] ODL Helm chart
 
OK, thanks for the ONAP pointers, I have explored them and I figured the following:
 
Docker:
 
1) ONAP projects use maven to build docker:
 
2) LFN global-jjb has templates for docker build and publish:
 
3) ONAP publishes docker images in Nexus:
 
Helm:
 
1) ONAP projects define their charts in a common repo called OOM:
 
2) Helm job are in ONAP ci-management repo whilst build Makefiles are in OOM:
 
3) ONAP publishes helm packages in Nexus:
 
So in general I think we can leverage a lot of work from above but before doing that I have a couple of question:
 
1) Does current Centos builder image support docker?
2) Does ODL have a docker repo like https://nexus3.onap.org/#browse/search/docker?
 
Thanks/Luis
 
 


On Mar 25, 2021, at 10:06 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
 
Hello Luis: 
 
ONAP has a few jobs that publish helm charts onto Nexus, and we have some scripts in place that can be reused. 
 
PS let me know if these bits can be reused. I can setup time to discuss the details of usecase for ODL
and get an understanding of which of the ODL $projects would require helm charts.
 
Regards,
Anil
 
 
On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 4:51 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
As I brought in today's TSC meeting, any decent IT app nowadays has a helm chart to quickly install in K8s.

Looking at some open source example:

https://github.com/prometheus-community/helm-charts/tree/main/charts/prometheus

It seems like we need to hold some helm definitions in our code repo for folks to perform:

helm repo add odl https://opendaylight.github.io/helm-charts

Also we need to publish docker containers somewhere so they can be used in a K8s Deployment file like this:

    spec:
      containers:
      - name: odl
        image: quay.io/opendaylight/netconf:v0.13.0
...

I am not an expert in K8s so let me know if I miss anything.

Anil, do you see any problem in existing ODL infra to achieve the above?

BR/Luis


Re: ODL Helm chart

TIMONEY, DAN
 

Luis, Anil:

 

ONAP also creates a base OpenDaylight docker container, based on the ONAP-specific ODL tarball.  Here’s a link to the code that creates the Aluminum version of that docker:

 

https://github.com/onap/ccsdk-distribution/tree/master/opendaylight/aluminum/aluminum-alpine

 

Dan

 

-- 

Dan Timoney

dtimoney@...

Lead Member of Tech Staff

ONAP Project Technical Lead : CCSDK and SDNC projects

 

 

From: <TSC@...> on behalf of Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>
Date: Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 7:02 PM
To: Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Cc: discuss <Discuss@...>, TSC <TSC@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] ODL Helm chart

 

OK, thanks for the ONAP pointers, I have explored them and I figured the following:

 

Docker:

 

1) ONAP projects use maven to build docker:

 

2) LFN global-jjb has templates for docker build and publish:

 

3) ONAP publishes docker images in Nexus:

 

Helm:

 

1) ONAP projects define their charts in a common repo called OOM:

 

2) Helm job are in ONAP ci-management repo whilst build Makefiles are in OOM:

 

3) ONAP publishes helm packages in Nexus:

 

So in general I think we can leverage a lot of work from above but before doing that I have a couple of question:

 

1) Does current Centos builder image support docker?

2) Does ODL have a docker repo like https://nexus3.onap.org/#browse/search/docker?

 

Thanks/Luis

 

 



On Mar 25, 2021, at 10:06 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

 

Hello Luis: 

 

ONAP has a few jobs that publish helm charts onto Nexus, and we have some scripts in place that can be reused. 

 

PS let me know if these bits can be reused. I can setup time to discuss the details of usecase for ODL

and get an understanding of which of the ODL $projects would require helm charts.

 

Regards,

Anil

 

 

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 4:51 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:

As I brought in today's TSC meeting, any decent IT app nowadays has a helm chart to quickly install in K8s.

Looking at some open source example:

https://github.com/prometheus-community/helm-charts/tree/main/charts/prometheus

It seems like we need to hold some helm definitions in our code repo for folks to perform:

helm repo add odl https://opendaylight.github.io/helm-charts

Also we need to publish docker containers somewhere so they can be used in a K8s Deployment file like this:

    spec:
      containers:
      - name: odl
        image: quay.io/opendaylight/netconf:v0.13.0
...

I am not an expert in K8s so let me know if I miss anything.

Anil, do you see any problem in existing ODL infra to achieve the above?

BR/Luis

 


ODL Helm chart group

Luis Gomez
 

Hi everyone,

We are trying to organize some work for creating docker images and helm charts for ODL. In order to kick-off this work, schedule a call, etc, I would like to know who would be interested in contributing. Please reply to this mail or unicast to me if you prefer.

Thanks/Luis


Re: ODL Helm chart

Luis Gomez
 

I would think the netconf project, being the most popular out-of-the-box application, would be the perfect candidate to create a helm chart. Still we have to figure the best place for docker and helm code (centralized vs distributed).

BR/Luis

On Apr 5, 2021, at 5:38 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 9:02 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
OK, thanks for the ONAP pointers, I have explored them and I figured the following:

Docker:

1) ONAP projects use maven to build docker:

2) LFN global-jjb has templates for docker build and publish:

3) ONAP publishes docker images in Nexus:

Helm:

1) ONAP projects define their charts in a common repo called OOM:

2) Helm job are in ONAP ci-management repo whilst build Makefiles are in OOM:

3) ONAP publishes helm packages in Nexus:

So in general I think we can leverage a lot of work from above but before doing that I have a couple of question:

1) Does current Centos builder image support docker?
2) Does ODL have a docker repo like https://nexus3.onap.org/#browse/search/docker?


 
1. We already have a CentOS docker image, which can be used.
2. The docker image requires to be pushed to Nexus3, which is already available for ODL, while the Helm charts are pushed onto Nexus2. We'll only need to roll out the repo config for the required projects.

Do we have a use-case as to what $projects would be using these jobs & if these are existing/newer projects? 



Re: Docs branching

Luis Gomez
 

I followed this: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=docs.git;a=blob;f=branch-cutting-checklist.txt;h=a1bb775d0b90c9c95a472715b01c6f49d7030eb6;hb=refs/heads/master

I also looked at the RTD script and it seems like some projects are missing there including the docs project itself, so better do the change in RTD directly.

BR/Luis


On Apr 7, 2021, at 3:40 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Luis, I'll look into this and get back to you. Did we follow any docs for branching/tagging the docs project?

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 1:23 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
FYI, docs project has branched for silicon release however the "after branching" patches fail:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/95685
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/95686

The reason is we have to activate the new branch (stable-silicon) in RTD but I do not have permission for doing that. Can anyone in LF take care of this? should I open an IT ticket?

BR/Luis





Re: Docs branching

Anil Belur
 

Luis, I'll look into this and get back to you. Did we follow any docs for branching/tagging the docs project?


On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 1:23 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
FYI, docs project has branched for silicon release however the "after branching" patches fail:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/95685
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/95686

The reason is we have to activate the new branch (stable-silicon) in RTD but I do not have permission for doing that. Can anyone in LF take care of this? should I open an IT ticket?

BR/Luis




TSC Meeting for April 8, 2021 at 9 am Pacific

Guillaume Lambert
 

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

 

Next TSC meeting is April 8, 2021 at 9 am Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/GRwF

 

If you need to add anything, please let me know or add it there.
The meeting minutes will be at the same location after the meeting is over.

 

Best Regards
Guillaume

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Docs branching

Luis Gomez
 

FYI, docs project has branched for silicon release however the "after branching" patches fail:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/95685
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/95686

The reason is we have to activate the new branch (stable-silicon) in RTD but I do not have permission for doing that. Can anyone in LF take care of this? should I open an IT ticket?

BR/Luis


Re: ODL Helm chart

Anil Belur
 


On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 9:02 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
OK, thanks for the ONAP pointers, I have explored them and I figured the following:

Docker:

1) ONAP projects use maven to build docker:

2) LFN global-jjb has templates for docker build and publish:

3) ONAP publishes docker images in Nexus:

Helm:

1) ONAP projects define their charts in a common repo called OOM:

2) Helm job are in ONAP ci-management repo whilst build Makefiles are in OOM:

3) ONAP publishes helm packages in Nexus:

So in general I think we can leverage a lot of work from above but before doing that I have a couple of question:

1) Does current Centos builder image support docker?
2) Does ODL have a docker repo like https://nexus3.onap.org/#browse/search/docker?


 
1. We already have a CentOS docker image, which can be used.
2. The docker image requires to be pushed to Nexus3, which is already available for ODL, while the Helm charts are pushed onto Nexus2. We'll only need to roll out the repo config for the required projects.

Do we have a use-case as to what $projects would be using these jobs & if these are existing/newer projects? 


Re: Decommision Ubuntu 16.04 images on ODL Jenkins and update to Ubuntu 18.04 images on releng/builder repo.

Anil Belur
 

I've submitted the following changes to update JJB/builder repo and Jenkins config and docs. Please review.

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/95673 Remove Ubuntu 16.04 images from Jenkins config [NEW]        
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/95674 Remove Ubuntu 18.04 ovs 2.5 config [NEW]        
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/95675 Remove packer jobs for Ubuntu 18.04 OVS 25, 26 [NEW]        
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/95676 Update docs with the supported images [NEW]        
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/95677 Remove Ubuntu 16.04 labels refs from jobs [NEW]        

TIA

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 8:24 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
I think so, less work and stuff to maintain.

On Apr 5, 2021, at 3:38 AM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Luis, Can proceed with the removal of `mininet-ovs-{25,26}` images if they are no longer required?

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 6:39 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi Anil,

FYI I tried new Ubuntu 18.04 and created patch for CSIT to only use these 2 Ubuntu images:

ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20210329-150700.140
ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20210401-040235.479


BR/Luis


On Mar 25, 2021, at 6:50 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Ubuntu 16.04 is going to be EOL by April 2021 and these images would no longer be supported on our infrastructure to receive updates/new builds. The version of python 2.7 that is available on Ubuntu 16.04 is already EOL and does not works with some of the tox/verify jobs. Therefore, it's required to update existing jobs to use the Ubuntu 18.04 image and decommission Ubuntu 16.04 images.

The below Ubuntu 16.04 images are in use in the releng/builder repo CSIT jobs:
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 - 20200813-044931.688" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-25-1c-4g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20200813-051640.743" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Which needs to be updated to:
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-4c-4g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-2c-2g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 - 20200813-035525.790" (Label: ubuntu1804-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Note: To test the CSIT jobs with the Ubuntu 18.04 images, update the image labels on the JJB/project before pushing the job to ODL Jenkins sandbox. 


Regards,
Anil Belur



Re: Decommision Ubuntu 16.04 images on ODL Jenkins and update to Ubuntu 18.04 images on releng/builder repo.

Luis Gomez
 

I think so, less work and stuff to maintain.

On Apr 5, 2021, at 3:38 AM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Luis, Can proceed with the removal of `mininet-ovs-{25,26}` images if they are no longer required?

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 6:39 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi Anil,

FYI I tried new Ubuntu 18.04 and created patch for CSIT to only use these 2 Ubuntu images:

ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20210329-150700.140
ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20210401-040235.479


BR/Luis


On Mar 25, 2021, at 6:50 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Ubuntu 16.04 is going to be EOL by April 2021 and these images would no longer be supported on our infrastructure to receive updates/new builds. The version of python 2.7 that is available on Ubuntu 16.04 is already EOL and does not works with some of the tox/verify jobs. Therefore, it's required to update existing jobs to use the Ubuntu 18.04 image and decommission Ubuntu 16.04 images.

The below Ubuntu 16.04 images are in use in the releng/builder repo CSIT jobs:
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 - 20200813-044931.688" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-25-1c-4g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20200813-051640.743" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Which needs to be updated to:
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-4c-4g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-2c-2g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 - 20200813-035525.790" (Label: ubuntu1804-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Note: To test the CSIT jobs with the Ubuntu 18.04 images, update the image labels on the JJB/project before pushing the job to ODL Jenkins sandbox. 


Regards,
Anil Belur



Re: Decommision Ubuntu 16.04 images on ODL Jenkins and update to Ubuntu 18.04 images on releng/builder repo.

Anil Belur
 

Luis, Can proceed with the removal of `mininet-ovs-{25,26}` images if they are no longer required?


On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 6:39 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi Anil,

FYI I tried new Ubuntu 18.04 and created patch for CSIT to only use these 2 Ubuntu images:

ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20210329-150700.140
ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20210401-040235.479


BR/Luis


On Mar 25, 2021, at 6:50 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Ubuntu 16.04 is going to be EOL by April 2021 and these images would no longer be supported on our infrastructure to receive updates/new builds. The version of python 2.7 that is available on Ubuntu 16.04 is already EOL and does not works with some of the tox/verify jobs. Therefore, it's required to update existing jobs to use the Ubuntu 18.04 image and decommission Ubuntu 16.04 images.

The below Ubuntu 16.04 images are in use in the releng/builder repo CSIT jobs:
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 - 20200813-044931.688" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-25-1c-4g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20200813-051640.743" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Which needs to be updated to:
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-4c-4g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-2c-2g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 - 20200813-035525.790" (Label: ubuntu1804-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Note: To test the CSIT jobs with the Ubuntu 18.04 images, update the image labels on the JJB/project before pushing the job to ODL Jenkins sandbox. 


Regards,
Anil Belur


Re: ODL Helm chart

Luis Gomez
 

OK, thanks for the ONAP pointers, I have explored them and I figured the following:

Docker:

1) ONAP projects use maven to build docker:

2) LFN global-jjb has templates for docker build and publish:

3) ONAP publishes docker images in Nexus:

Helm:

1) ONAP projects define their charts in a common repo called OOM:

2) Helm job are in ONAP ci-management repo whilst build Makefiles are in OOM:

3) ONAP publishes helm packages in Nexus:

So in general I think we can leverage a lot of work from above but before doing that I have a couple of question:

1) Does current Centos builder image support docker?
2) Does ODL have a docker repo like https://nexus3.onap.org/#browse/search/docker?

Thanks/Luis



On Mar 25, 2021, at 10:06 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello Luis: 

ONAP has a few jobs that publish helm charts onto Nexus, and we have some scripts in place that can be reused. 

PS let me know if these bits can be reused. I can setup time to discuss the details of usecase for ODL
and get an understanding of which of the ODL $projects would require helm charts.

Regards,
Anil


On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 4:51 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
As I brought in today's TSC meeting, any decent IT app nowadays has a helm chart to quickly install in K8s.

Looking at some open source example:

https://github.com/prometheus-community/helm-charts/tree/main/charts/prometheus

It seems like we need to hold some helm definitions in our code repo for folks to perform:

helm repo add odl https://opendaylight.github.io/helm-charts

Also we need to publish docker containers somewhere so they can be used in a K8s Deployment file like this:

    spec:
      containers:
      - name: odl
        image: quay.io/opendaylight/netconf:v0.13.0
...

I am not an expert in K8s so let me know if I miss anything.

Anil, do you see any problem in existing ODL infra to achieve the above?

BR/Luis


Re: Decommision Ubuntu 16.04 images on ODL Jenkins and update to Ubuntu 18.04 images on releng/builder repo.

Luis Gomez
 

Hi Anil,

FYI I tried new Ubuntu 18.04 and created patch for CSIT to only use these 2 Ubuntu images:

ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20210329-150700.140
ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20210401-040235.479


BR/Luis


On Mar 25, 2021, at 6:50 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Ubuntu 16.04 is going to be EOL by April 2021 and these images would no longer be supported on our infrastructure to receive updates/new builds. The version of python 2.7 that is available on Ubuntu 16.04 is already EOL and does not works with some of the tox/verify jobs. Therefore, it's required to update existing jobs to use the Ubuntu 18.04 image and decommission Ubuntu 16.04 images.

The below Ubuntu 16.04 images are in use in the releng/builder repo CSIT jobs:
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 - 20200813-044931.688" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-25-1c-4g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20200813-051640.743" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Which needs to be updated to:
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-4c-4g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 - 20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-2c-2g)
"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 - 20200813-035525.790" (Label: ubuntu1804-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Note: To test the CSIT jobs with the Ubuntu 18.04 images, update the image labels on the JJB/project before pushing the job to ODL Jenkins sandbox. 


Regards,
Anil Belur


Re: [integration-dev] [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon release status

Luis Gomez
 

OK it took a little more than expected because the new version schema exposed a bug in the distribution code, but here its:


BR/Luis


On Apr 2, 2021, at 12:31 AM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Looks like the 'stable' branch on the GH black repo has been removed accidentally. 
I'll added a workaround to unblock us for the time being. 

Luis, Venkat: Can we get a quick review please?

TIA


On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 4:22 PM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
There are tox failure with the upstream dependencies, and nothing todo with the Infra. I'll need to dig deeps and get back.

05:07:38 expected return code: 0
05:07:38 stdout: (none)
05:07:38 stderr:
05:07:38     error: pathspec 'stable' did not match any file(s) known to git

In the meantime, we can go ahead and +2/merge the CR, since it LGTM. 




On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 3:33 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Anil,

Can you please check what is going wrong with this job:


I am unable to verify the change for adding the missing jobs to release Silicon.

BR/Luis

On Apr 1, 2021, at 10:23 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Sorry I meant 0.14.1

On Apr 1, 2021, at 10:18 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

OK guys, I just realized we just released the wrong branch for the common distribution (master vs stable/silicon). Basically because distribution jobs were not updated when we branched off stable/silicon:


The distribution pom.xml and therefore the content is not very different but the TPCE project is not included in master. So I would recommend to re-publish the distribution artifact or if not possible use next version available: 0.4.1

BR/Luis



On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:26 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

OK here is the Silicon release:


We can proceed with the rest of the stuff here:


BR/Luis

On Mar 31, 2021, at 3:39 AM, Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...> wrote:

Hello
 
Correct, I just released TransportPCE artifacts version 3.0.0 for Silicon.
Let me know if you see anything wrong with them.
 
I join Anil’s thanks to all the Silicon contributors.
 
Best Regards
Guillaume
 
 
De : Daniel de la Rosa [mailto:ddelarosa0707@...] 
Envoyé : mardi 30 mars 2021 20:31
À : Anil Belur
Cc : Release; TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); Casey Cain; Jordan Conway; Andrew Grimberg; LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN; navid.ghazisaidi@...
Objet : Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon release status
 
Thanks Anil. I believe that @LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN  is already working on the Transport PCE Silicon release. Also I believe that the release notes are being done automatically but @navid.ghazisaidi@...  can correct me if I am wrong.
 
Thanks
 
On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 9:24 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello All,

OpenDaylight Silicon version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/silicon' branch is unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Silicon.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - PTL to submit release notes to docs.
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Big thanks to everyone who contributed to the Silicon release.

Regards,
Anil Belur

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.















Re: [app-dev] Unimgr committer nominations

Mahesh Jethanandani
 

Thanks Robert. Will do.

On Apr 1, 2021, at 10:54 PM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 01/04/2021 19:05, Robert Varga wrote:
On 01/04/2021 18:51, Donald Hunter wrote:
Hi Mahesh,

Hey guys,

Hello again,

Good reminder. Checking the past few TSC meeting minutes, it has not
been discussed yet.

Thanks for the reminder, it seems to have slipped through. I have placed
in on the agenda today:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/2021-04-01+TSC+Minutes

this has been approved. Feel free to update your project's INFO.yaml at
your convenience. After it has been updated, the permissions will be
adjusted automatically.

Regards,
Robert



Thanks,
Robert



Donald.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 17:43, Mahesh Jethanandani
<mjethanandani@... <mailto:mjethanandani@...>> wrote:

   Hi Donald/TSC,

   Any word on the approval of this?

   Thanks.

   On Mar 11, 2021, at 2:37 PM, Donald Hunter
   <donald.hunter@... <mailto:donald.hunter@...>> wrote:

   Hello TSC,

   I would like to request that you promote two people to be
   committers on the Unimgr project:

     * Mahesh Jethanandani – mjethanandani@...
       <mailto:mjethanandani@...>
     * Santanu De – santanu.de@...
       <mailto:santanu.de@...>

   The voting thread is here in the app-dev group:

   https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/message/763
   <https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/message/763>

   Kind regards
   Donald Hunter.

   ---------- Forwarded message ---------
   From: *Donald Hunter via lists.opendaylight.org
   <http://lists.opendaylight.org/>*
   <donald.hunter=gmail.com@...
   <mailto:gmail.com@...>>
   Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 14:53
   Subject: Re: [app-dev] Unimgr committer nominations
   To: <app-dev@...
   <mailto:app-dev@...>>


   Hi everyone,

   Voting has been open for just over a week and we have +1 responses
   for both nominees from all three currently active committers. 

   I don't think we are going to get input from any of the other
   registered committers so I will close the vote and send the
   election results to the TSC.

   Kind regards
   Donald.




   Mahesh Jethanandani
   mjethanandani@... <mailto:mjethanandani@...>

















Mahesh Jethanandani






Re: [app-dev] Unimgr committer nominations

Donald Hunter
 

That’s great. Thanks Robert.

Donald

On 2 Apr 2021, at 06:54, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 01/04/2021 19:05, Robert Varga wrote:
On 01/04/2021 18:51, Donald Hunter wrote:
Hi Mahesh,
Hey guys,
Hello again,

Good reminder. Checking the past few TSC meeting minutes, it has not
been discussed yet.
Thanks for the reminder, it seems to have slipped through. I have placed
in on the agenda today:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/2021-04-01+TSC+Minutes
this has been approved. Feel free to update your project's INFO.yaml at
your convenience. After it has been updated, the permissions will be
adjusted automatically.

Regards,
Robert



Thanks,
Robert



Donald.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 17:43, Mahesh Jethanandani
<mjethanandani@... <mailto:mjethanandani@...>> wrote:

Hi Donald/TSC,

Any word on the approval of this?

Thanks.

On Mar 11, 2021, at 2:37 PM, Donald Hunter
<donald.hunter@... <mailto:donald.hunter@...>> wrote:

Hello TSC,

I would like to request that you promote two people to be
committers on the Unimgr project:

* Mahesh Jethanandani – mjethanandani@...
<mailto:mjethanandani@...>
* Santanu De – santanu.de@...
<mailto:santanu.de@...>

The voting thread is here in the app-dev group:

https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/message/763
<https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/message/763>

Kind regards
Donald Hunter.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: *Donald Hunter via lists.opendaylight.org
<http://lists.opendaylight.org/>*
<donald.hunter=gmail.com@...
<mailto:gmail.com@...>>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 14:53
Subject: Re: [app-dev] Unimgr committer nominations
To: <app-dev@...
<mailto:app-dev@...>>


Hi everyone,

Voting has been open for just over a week and we have +1 responses
for both nominees from all three currently active committers.

I don't think we are going to get input from any of the other
registered committers so I will close the vote and send the
election results to the TSC.

Kind regards
Donald.


Mahesh Jethanandani
mjethanandani@... <mailto:mjethanandani@...>













Re: [integration-dev] [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon release status

Anil Belur
 

Looks like the 'stable' branch on the GH black repo has been removed accidentally. 
I'll added a workaround to unblock us for the time being. 

Luis, Venkat: Can we get a quick review please?

TIA


On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 4:22 PM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
There are tox failure with the upstream dependencies, and nothing todo with the Infra. I'll need to dig deeps and get back.

05:07:38 expected return code: 0
05:07:38 stdout: (none)
05:07:38 stderr:
05:07:38     error: pathspec 'stable' did not match any file(s) known to git

In the meantime, we can go ahead and +2/merge the CR, since it LGTM. 




On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 3:33 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Anil,

Can you please check what is going wrong with this job:


I am unable to verify the change for adding the missing jobs to release Silicon.

BR/Luis

On Apr 1, 2021, at 10:23 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Sorry I meant 0.14.1

On Apr 1, 2021, at 10:18 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

OK guys, I just realized we just released the wrong branch for the common distribution (master vs stable/silicon). Basically because distribution jobs were not updated when we branched off stable/silicon:


The distribution pom.xml and therefore the content is not very different but the TPCE project is not included in master. So I would recommend to re-publish the distribution artifact or if not possible use next version available: 0.4.1

BR/Luis



On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:26 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

OK here is the Silicon release:


We can proceed with the rest of the stuff here:


BR/Luis

On Mar 31, 2021, at 3:39 AM, Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...> wrote:

Hello
 
Correct, I just released TransportPCE artifacts version 3.0.0 for Silicon.
Let me know if you see anything wrong with them.
 
I join Anil’s thanks to all the Silicon contributors.
 
Best Regards
Guillaume
 
 
De : Daniel de la Rosa [mailto:ddelarosa0707@...] 
Envoyé : mardi 30 mars 2021 20:31
À : Anil Belur
Cc : Release; TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); Casey Cain; Jordan Conway; Andrew Grimberg; LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN; navid.ghazisaidi@...
Objet : Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon release status
 
Thanks Anil. I believe that @LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN  is already working on the Transport PCE Silicon release. Also I believe that the release notes are being done automatically but @navid.ghazisaidi@...  can correct me if I am wrong.
 
Thanks
 
On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 9:24 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello All,

OpenDaylight Silicon version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/silicon' branch is unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Silicon.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - PTL to submit release notes to docs.
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Big thanks to everyone who contributed to the Silicon release.

Regards,
Anil Belur

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.















661 - 680 of 14295