Date

Re: [app-dev] Unimgr committer nominations

On 01/04/2021 18:51, Donald Hunter wrote:
Hi Mahesh,
Hey guys,
Hello again,

Good reminder. Checking the past few TSC meeting minutes, it has not
been discussed yet.
Thanks for the reminder, it seems to have slipped through. I have placed
in on the agenda today:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/2021-04-01+TSC+Minutes
this has been approved. Feel free to update your project's INFO.yaml at
your convenience. After it has been updated, the permissions will be
adjusted automatically.

Donald.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 17:43, Mahesh Jethanandani
<mjethanandani@... <mailto:mjethanandani@...>> wrote:

Hi Donald/TSC,

Any word on the approval of this?

Thanks.

On Mar 11, 2021, at 2:37 PM, Donald Hunter
<donald.hunter@... <mailto:donald.hunter@...>> wrote:

Hello TSC,

I would like to request that you promote two people to be
committers on the Unimgr project:

* Mahesh Jethanandani – mjethanandani@...
<mailto:mjethanandani@...>
* Santanu De – santanu.de@...
<mailto:santanu.de@...>

The voting thread is here in the app-dev group:

https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/message/763
<https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/message/763>

Kind regards
Donald Hunter.

From: *Donald Hunter via lists.opendaylight.org
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 14:53
To: <app-dev@...
<mailto:app-dev@...>>

Hi everyone,

Voting has been open for just over a week and we have +1 responses
for both nominees from all three currently active committers.

I don't think we are going to get input from any of the other
registered committers so I will close the vote and send the
election results to the TSC.

Kind regards
Donald.

Mahesh Jethanandani
mjethanandani@... <mailto:mjethanandani@...>

Re: [app-dev] Unimgr committer nominations

Donald Hunter

Hi Mahesh,

On Mar 11, 2021, at 2:37 PM, Donald Hunter <donald.hunter@...> wrote:

Hello TSC,

I would like to request that you promote two people to be committers on the Unimgr project:
The voting thread is here in the app-dev group:

Donald Hunter.

Voting has been open for just over a week and we have +1 responses for both nominees from all three currently active committers.

I don't think we are going to get input from any of the other registered committers so I will close the vote and send the election results to the TSC.

Kind regards
Donald.

Mahesh Jethanandani

Hi TSC team:

Navid has agreed to Proxy for the TSC Meeting 01-04-2021. It's a public holiday on 02 April (Good Friday), I'll try to join the meeting from outside, if possible.

TSC Meeting for April 1st , 2021 at 10 pm Pacific

Next TSC meeting is April 1st, 2021 at 10 pm Pacific Time.
The agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/7RsF

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon release status

Guillaume Lambert

Release job logs  are available at this URL https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/transportpce/job/transportpce-release-merge/17/

[...]

Re: Phosphorus release schedule update

Guillaume Lambert

Hi Daniel

Sure, I will prepare a change for that.

Note that the docs master branch still points to Silicon for the moment.

We have to wait for the stable/silicon branch creation to make the master branch point to phosphorus and merge this change.

From: Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 11:31 AM
To: Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Cc: Release <release@...>, TSC <tsc@...>, "'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...)" <integration-dev@...>, Casey Cain <ccain@...>, Jordan Conway <jconway@...>, Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>, LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN <guillaume.lambert@...>, Navid <navid.ghazisaidi@...>

[...]

Daniel de la Rosa

[...]

Anil Belur

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Silicon version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/silicon' branch is unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Silicon.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - PTL to submit release notes to docs.
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Big thanks to everyone who contributed to the Silicon release.

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html

Re: Silicon GA release approval

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello all,

Now that Silicon has been approved, @Anil Belur  please proceed to publish the released artifacts

Thank you all

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 2:08 PM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Dear TSC

Now that CSIT check has been completed, please proceed to approve Silicon GA release

ODL Release Manager

Re: [release] [integration-dev] Decommision Ubuntu 16.04 images on ODL Jenkins and update to Ubuntu 18.04 images on releng/builder repo.

Anil Belur

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:13 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Well, I do not think ODL OpenStack projects are active anymore, so a single version OVS VM should be sufficient. Anyway, what are the labels for the new images?

BR/Luis

I've built new images with OVS 2.8 on Ubuntu18.04.

"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 - 20210329-150700.140" (label: ubuntu1804-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)

Please review the change, needs to be rolled out to the Jenkins infra before the image can be tested:

Can we go ahead and remove the jobs/labels/images for ovs 2.6 and 2.5 (for both Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04), if they are no longer being used?

Re: [release] [integration-dev] Decommision Ubuntu 16.04 images on ODL Jenkins and update to Ubuntu 18.04 images on releng/builder repo.

Luis Gomez

Well, I do not think ODL OpenStack projects are active anymore, so a single version OVS VM should be sufficient. Anyway, what are the labels for the new images?

BR/Luis

On Mar 29, 2021, at 3:07 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

If I remember correctly as discussed in the integration team meetings, OVS version was dependent on the OpenStack dev version (Rocky, Queens) as tested with the CSIT jobs.
It's up to the $project to maintain any external dependencies and keep the versions updated in the releng/builder repo.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 2:40 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
+1, if UB18 packages bring a newer OVS version, we can very well use that. I remember the main reason for overwriting the OVS version was to get newer version of OVS.

On Mar 29, 2021, at 12:43 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 29/03/2021 05:26, Anil Belur wrote:
Similar build issues with mininet-ovs-26:

Well, at the end of the day, there is another question: why are we even
building these from sources?

*https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/packer/job/builder-packer-merge-ubuntu-18.04-mininet-ovs-2.6/38/console
<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/packer/job/builder-packer-merge-ubuntu-18.04-mininet-ovs-2.6/38/console>
*

*
*

*03:22:12*     openstack:     /bin/bash ./libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.    -I ./include -I ./include -I ./lib -I ./lib    -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -Wswitch-enum -Wunused-parameter -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-field-initializers -fno-strict-aliasing    -g -O2 -c -o lib/dhparams.lo lib/dhparams.c
*03:22:12*     openstack:     libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I ./include -I ./include -I ./lib -I ./lib -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -Wswitch-enum -Wunused-parameter -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-field-initializers -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -c lib/dhparams.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o lib/.libs/dhparams.o
*03:22:12*     openstack:     Makefile:4291: recipe for target 'lib/dhparams.lo' failed
*03:22:12*     openstack:     make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/ovs/openvswitch-2.6.1'
*03:22:12*     openstack:     Makefile:4959: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
*03:22:12*     openstack:     make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/ovs/openvswitch-2.6.1'
*03:22:12*     openstack:     Makefile:5265: recipe for target 'install' failed
*03:22:12*     openstack:     make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/ovs/openvswitch-2.6.1'
*03:22:12*     openstack:     debian/rules:25: recipe for target 'binary' failed
*03:22:12*     openstack:   stdout_lines: <omitted>

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 1:11 PM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org
<http://lists.opendaylight.org>
<abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...
<mailto:linuxfoundation.org@...>> wrote:

   Hello Luis:

   That was cut and paste typo, the correct label should have been.

   *"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 -
   20200813-035525.790" (Label: ubuntu1804-mininet-ovs-25-1c-4g)*

   We only have Ubuntu 18.04 images for 'mininet-ovs-25', while
   'mininet-ovs-26' and 'mininet-ovs-28' images fails to build the
   binaries.

   With mininet-ovs-28 build, throws make errors while building binaries:

   https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/packer/job/builder-packer-merge-ubuntu-18.04-mininet-ovs-2.8/41/console
   <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/packer/job/builder-packer-merge-ubuntu-18.04-mininet-ovs-2.8/41/console>

   *03:01:06*     openstack: STDERR:
   *03:01:06*     openstack:
   *03:01:06*     openstack: configure.ac:24 <http://configure.ac:24>: installing 'build-aux/compile'
   *03:01:06*     openstack: configure.ac:22 <http://configure.ac:22>: installing 'build-aux/missing'
   *03:01:06*     openstack: Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
   *03:01:06*     openstack: configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-maintainer-mode
   *03:01:06*     openstack: configure: WARNING: cannot find libcap-ng.
   *03:01:06*     openstack: --user option will not be supported on Linux.
   *03:01:06*     openstack: (you may use --disable-libcapng to suppress this warning).
   *03:01:06*     openstack: configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-maintainer-mode
   *03:01:06*     openstack: lib/dhparams.c:2:12: error: static declaration of ‘get_dh1024’ follows non-static declaration
   *03:01:06*     openstack:  static DH *get_dh1024(void)

   On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 6:26 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...
   <mailto:ecelgp@...>> wrote:

       Sorry this is confusing:

       - Are all the mininet VMs converging to this one?

       *"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 -
       20200813-035525.790" (Label: ubuntu1804-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)*

       - If so, why it says ovs-25 in the name but ovs-28 in the label?

       BR/Luis

       On Mar 27, 2021, at 5:59 PM, Anil Belur
       <abelur@...
       <mailto:abelur@...>> wrote:

       Please review CR to remove Ubuntu 16.04 packer jobs:

        https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/95583
       <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/95583>

       On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:51 AM Anil Belur via
       lists.opendaylight.org <http://lists.opendaylight.org/>
       <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...
       <mailto:linuxfoundation.org@...>> wrote:

           Hello all,

           Ubuntu 16.04 is going to be EOL by April 2021 and these
           images would no longer be supported on our infrastructure
           to receive updates/new builds. The version of python 2.7
           that is available on Ubuntu 16.04 is already EOL and does
           not works with some of the tox/verify jobs. Therefore,
           it's required to update existing jobs to use the Ubuntu
           18.04 image and decommission Ubuntu 16.04 images.

           The below *Ubuntu 16.04* images are in use in the
           releng/builder repo CSIT jobs:
           *"ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 -
           20200813-044931.688" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-25-1c-4g)
           "ZZCI - Ubuntu 16.04 - mininet-ovs-28 - x86_64 -
           20200813-051640.743" (Label: ubuntu1604-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)
           *

           Which needs to be updated to:
           *"ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 -
           20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-4c-4g)
           "ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - docker - x86_64 -
           20200901-040308.994" (Label: ubuntu1804-docker-2c-2g)
           "ZZCI - Ubuntu 18.04 - mininet-ovs-25 - x86_64 -
           20200813-035525.790" (Label: ubuntu1804-mininet-ovs-28-1c-4g)*

           Note: To test the CSIT jobs with the Ubuntu 18.04 images,
           update the image labels on the JJB/project before pushing
           the job to ODL Jenkins sandbox.

           Packer build jobs for Ubuntu 16.04 image would be removed:
           https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/packer/job/builder-packer-merge-ubuntu-16.04-mininet-ovs-2.5
           <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/packer/job/builder-packer-merge-ubuntu-16.04-mininet-ovs-2.5>
           https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/packer/job/builder-packer-merge-ubuntu-16.04-mininet-ovs-2.6
           <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/packer/job/builder-packer-merge-ubuntu-16.04-mininet-ovs-2.6>