Date

Re: [release] Sulfur code freeze

Olivier Dugeon

Hello Robert, all,

Le 21/03/2022 à 15:17, Robert Varga a écrit :
On 21/03/2022 14:45, Olivier Dugeon via lists.opendaylight.org wrote:

bgpcep is ready for integration, but netconf is not -- as it turns the vast majority of patches dealing with SchemaNode.getPath() caller removal had to be reverted because ... let's say they were naive.

Not yet for BGPCEP. I discover some late bugs on new PCE server last week. Patch is ready. I'll submit it this afternoon, just right after last verification.

Latest patches have been submitted:

The first two have been reviewed and are ready to be merged. Latest one needs to be reviewed.

The only point that is remaining for BGPCEP, is to clean the compilation from various warning message. I don't know if we include these now or wait for Sulfur SR1.

Regards

Olivier

Alright, anyway it's going to take a couple of days to sort out the RESTCONF stuff, so that (and the javadoc jobs) are the real blockers.

Orange logo

Olivier Dugeon
Orange Expert, Future Networks
Open Source Referent
Orange/IMT/OLN/WTC/IEE/iTeQ

fixe : +33 2 96 07 28 80
mobile : +33 6 82 90 37 85
olivier.dugeon@...

Re: [release] Sulfur code freeze

Daniel de la Rosa

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 3:47 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> On 20/03/2022 19:50, Robert Varga wrote:
>> On 19/03/2022 16:37, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>>>
>>>     Alright, so MDSAL-731 is fixed and it makes MDSAL-735 more
>>> diagnosable
>>>     -- I plan to squash that today.
>>>

>>> It looks like all issues have been resolved. So are we ready to pick
>>> the next AR as RC?
>>
>> I am still working through netconf/bgpcep, plus the bump to MSI
>> projects. I'll keep you posted.
>
> bgpcep is ready for integration, but netconf is not -- as it turns the
> vast majority of patches dealing with SchemaNode.getPath() caller
> removal had to be reverted because ... let's say they were naive.

So fixing RESTCONF here is going to require a yangtools-8.0.2 release.
The problem is that we lost a DataSchemaContextTree capability which was
provided indirectly via SchemaNode.getPath() -- the details are in
YANGTOOLS-1412.

I expect to have that fixed today and finish the RESTCONF integration
tomorrow, so that the MRI bump should (fingers crossed) over the weekend.

It is way later than planned, expected or hoped, but unfortunately it is
what it is. There is silver lining here, though: this effort found two
bugs that have been squashed after lurking around for 7 years.

That’s impressive. Ok thanks and it is all good. We will have a very solid sulfur release

I'll keep you posted,
ODL Release Manager

[...]

Robert

TSC Meeting for March 24, 2022 at 9 am Pacific

The next TSC meeting is March 24, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.
As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki
at the following URL:

Re: OpenDaylight 2022 TSC Election Nomination period is open

Casey Cain

Hello everyone,

This is a reminder that the self-nomination period for the TSC election has been extended to 24 March 2022.  Community members interested in joining the TSC must self-nominate before the nomination period closes here: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/Zl0EAQ.

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 6:54 AM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is a reminder that tomorrow 17 March 2022, is the last day to submit your nomination for the TSC election.   Community members interested in joining the TSC must self-nominate before the nomination period closes here: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/Zl0EAQ.

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 12:36 PM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

The election and nomination process is for those individuals who have committer rights on one or more OpenDaylight Projects and Active Community Members (ACM). All OpenDaylight Committers and ACMs can nominate themselves, run for election, and vote in the election for the Committer-At-Large seats on the TSC.
  • A Committer is a contributor that has the authority, and responsibility to submit changes to an OpenDaylight software repository.
    • 5 seats
  • Active Community Members: Anyone from the OpenDaylight community with twenty (20) or more measurable contributions during the previous 12-month period, inclusive of code merged, code reviews performed, wiki page edits, or JIRA activities.
    • 2 seats

Details on the election process may be found here.

Dates to Remember

Nomination Period: 04 Mar 2022 to 17 Mar 2022
Voting Period: 17 Mar 2022 to 31 Mar 2022

How to participate

Members who are interested in joining the TSC must self-nominate before the nomination period closes here: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/Zl0EAQ

Senior Technical Community Architect
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

Re: [release] Sulfur code freeze

Robert Varga

serviceutils is also ready to integrate, but there's a problem needing action in global-jjb: javadocs jobs are using mvn35 and thus end up exploding like here: https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/serviceutils-maven-javadoc-verify-sulfur-openjdk11/32/

Even when we tell the job to use mvn38, it will unpack the correct maven, but will attempt to use mvn35: https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/serviceutils-maven-javadoc-verify-sulfur-openjdk11/33/console

[...]

Great, thanks!

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 11:20 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> On 16/03/2022 00:53, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>> Hello Robert
>
> Hello Daniel,
>
>>     The major outstanding item are the MD-SAL regressions detected in
>> ovsdb
>>     (and same thing is biting netconf) and bgpcep, tracked as
>> MDSAL-731 and
>>     MDSAL-735 respectivelly.
>>

>> Another day has passed :) so i guess we have to wait until these two
>> are fixed to pick a RC?
>
> Yes, unfortunately and I am still struggling with the fix, it turns out
> to be more complicated than expected, but I am converging on a solution.

Alright, so MDSAL-731 is fixed and it makes MDSAL-735 more diagnosable
-- I plan to squash that today.

It looks like all issues have been resolved. So are we ready to pick the next AR as RC?

Re: [release] Sulfur code freeze

Hello Robert
Hello Daniel,

    The major outstanding item are the MD-SAL regressions detected in ovsdb
    (and same thing is biting netconf) and bgpcep, tracked as MDSAL-731 and
    MDSAL-735 respectivelly.

Another day has passed :) so i guess we have to wait until these two are fixed to pick a RC?
Yes, unfortunately and I am still struggling with the fix, it turns out to be more complicated than expected, but I am converging on a solution.
Alright, so MDSAL-731 is fixed and it makes MDSAL-735 more diagnosable -- I plan to squash that today.

Re: [release] Chlorine release schedule proposal

Daniel de la Rosa

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 9:33 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> Hello TSC and all
>
> Please let me know if you have any feedback on this proposal
>
> https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Release+Schedule+for+Chlorine
> <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Release+Schedule+for+Chlorine>

Ah, this is nice, but could you adjust the first column to contain links
to Release Process requirements? that will make it easier for people
unfamiliar with it to understand what means what.

ok I have added links from here

and the release schedule...

hope that helps to make it easier for people unfamiliar with ODL release process

 From a quick glance it looks okay, except for the minor detail of me
not attending the TSC call for the Middle Checkpoint :)

TSC Meeting for March 1, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

The next TSC meeting is March 17, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific Time.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/VGgEAQ

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 6:26 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> Hello Robert and all
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 12:58 PM Robert Varga <nite@...
> <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/03/2022 17:00, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>      > Hello TSC and all
>      >
>      > We are going to code freeze Sulfur for all Managed Projects ( cut
>     and
>      > lock release branches ) on Monday March  14th at 10 am UTC
>      >
>      > Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release
>     branch
>      > after code freezes
>
>       From MRI perspective, we are ... 5? ... months behind the
>     schedule. The
>     good news is that MDSAL-696, which was blocking yangtools-8 -> mdsal-9
>     integration is done and dusted.
>
>     Next steps are to integrate with:
>     - controller-5 (done unless maven-verify finds something)
>     - aaa-0.15 (should be a breeze)
>     - netconf-3 (not trivial, but the pieces should be mostly there)
>     - bgpcep-0.17 (not sure, if we pass this we should be okay overall)
>
>     As it stands, I expect the MRI projects to be ready to integrate on
>     Friday the 11th, with bgpcep-0.17 integration gating yangtools-8
>     release.
>

> great news, so sounds like we can still move forward with Sulfur code
> freeze on 9/14 ...

so a day has passed, I am up for an update:
- there was a regression (YANGTOOLS-1407) detected in lispflow
integration, that is taken care of
- https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:sulfur-mri is started,
with most of the patches in a reasonable shape
- of that, there are some prerequisites in OFP which can be merged --
and Sangwook already merged most of them
- there is a model-vs-code impedance in OFP, I will looking into that
tomorrow -- either the code needs to be adjusted or the model, both are
quite easy to do
- there is the same problem in lispflowmapping, I think I know the
answer, but fired an email at Lori to confirm
- both netconf and bgpcep builds are passing to ~50% mark

The major outstanding item are the MD-SAL regressions detected in ovsdb
(and same thing is biting netconf) and bgpcep, tracked as MDSAL-731 and
MDSAL-735 respectivelly.

Another day has passed :) so i guess we have to wait until these two are fixed to pick a RC?

I believe they are manifestations on of a problem with the new
RuntimeType code -- and seem to have a good idea as to what needs to be
done. I am currently working on a prototype. In terms of progress, it
needs a bit of work for a test drive, but so far the code challenges are
asking all the right questions, AFAICT.

If all goes well, I should have a fix ready tomorrow, but I won't know
until it's complete enough to face testing.

Re: Old RESTCONF northbound scheduled for removal

The tracker issue for the removal is https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/NETCONF-837 and the plan of action is as follows:
1. Phosphorus SR2, due out 2022-01-27, will issue a single (mild) warning on startup. We will continue to install the implementation as part of the 'odl-restconf' feature.
2. 2022.03 Sulfur, due out 2022-03-17, will not install the old implementation by default. Users will be required to explicitly install the 'odl-restconf-nb-bierman02' feature. The warning introduced in step 1. will be updated to warn about the fact the feature is no longer supported and scheduled for removal in the next major release.
3. Old implementation will be removed from the netconf git repository's master branch as soon as the 3.0.x stability branch for Sulfur is created -- i.e. March/April 2022.
4. 2022.09 Chlorine, due out in September 2022, will not include the old implementation.
Unless serious objections to this are raised by 2022-01-10 we will execute it exactly as outlined above.
No objections received up until now (~2 months after the dealine), this is the official plan of action.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Release+Schedule+for+Chlorine <https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Release+Schedule+for+Chlorine>
Ah, this is nice, but could you adjust the first column to contain links to Release Process requirements? that will make it easier for people unfamiliar with it to understand what means what.

From a quick glance it looks okay, except for the minor detail of me not attending the TSC call for the Middle Checkpoint :)

Re: [release] Sulfur code freeze

Hello Robert and all
On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 12:58 PM Robert Varga <nite@... <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
> Hello TSC and all
>
> We are going to code freeze Sulfur for all Managed Projects ( cut
and
> lock release branches ) on Monday March  14th at 10 am UTC
>
> Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release
branch
> after code freezes
 From MRI perspective, we are ... 5? ... months behind the
[...]

81 - 100 of 14188