Date

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Sulfur code freeze for SR2

Luis Gomez

Not really, I forgot our cloud provider was openstack too, so couple of integration scripts stay after this change:

Anyway, I think Sangwook is already on top of the changes needed, let me know if I can help with anything.

On a separate note, I think virtualenv is being pushed out by docker for resolving python and any other runtime dependency. Anil, is there any plan to move our builders and robot VMs to docker?

BR/Luis

On Sep 7, 2022, at 5:43 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

I do not think any of the integration scripts modified in this CR is used anymore. Let me just push a CSIT clean patch and then you can rebase and continue with your change.

BR/Luis

On Sep 7, 2022, at 12:50 AM, Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 2:50 PM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 2:50 PM Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hi Robert, Daniel:

The issue is not with the baseline image, rather due to the absence of the openstack tools/libs set in the $PATH program
since the system python packages are not up-to-date with the PyPi dependencies, we'll have had to move with
pyenv (much more efficient) while dealing with recent version{s} of Python 3.X.

This is already resolved in global-jjb v0.80.2, however, there is a residual set of code scattered around
in the integration jobs/ (and long scripts) which is generally maintained by Luis and integration folks (Luis),
which also needs an update.
I've updated some parts of the integration scripts, would be good to test these on the sandbox.

CC: Liuis

Thanks @Anil Belur  let me cc @Luis Gomez  as well

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 9:41 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> Robert and all,
>
> it looks like we are still having some issues in Sulfur integration
>
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/>
>

> Please let me know if it is ok to pick a RC despite these bgpcep and ofp
> issues

There seems to be a problem with the baseline image -- tests are failing
across the board and across releases due to 'openstack' not being installed.

Not sure how to fix this.

Bye,
Robert

> [...]

>          >>
>          >
>          > Actually MRI projects have not been update since May due to
>         all the
>          > churn required to get 2022.09 back on regular release schedule.
>          >
>          > The critical issue here is
>          > https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/YANGTOOLS-1436
>         <https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/YANGTOOLS-1436>, which has
>         been
>          > resolved this week, so I am spinning releases out -- BUT!
>          >
>          > This means catching up with backports across the board, so
>         this might
>          > take up to a week (or more (*)).
>
>         This is all done now.
>

>     Great, thanks! I'll pick a Sulfur SR2 RC on monday 8/29

Re: TSC Meeting for September 8, 2022 at 9 am Pacific

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello TSC and all

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this meeting but as you know AR is broken for both Sulfur and Chlorine releases. Hopefully that will get addressed soon so we can pick a RC for both. Also, i'll add more items to the milestone dashboard once we are clear on the upcoming schedule but let me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 2:07 AM <guillaume.lambert@...> wrote:

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

The next TSC meeting is September 8, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.

As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki

at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/jgKdAQ

TSC Meeting for September 8, 2022 at 9 am Pacific

The next TSC meeting is September 8, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.

As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki

at the following URL:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/jgKdAQ

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Sulfur code freeze for SR2

Anil Belur

> [...]

>         Regards,
>         Robert

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Sulfur code freeze for SR2

Anil Belur

Hi Robert, Daniel:

The issue is not with the baseline image, rather due to the absence of the openstack tools/libs set in the $PATH program
since the system python packages are not up-to-date with the PyPi dependencies, we'll have had to move with
pyenv (much more efficient) while dealing with recent version{s} of Python 3.X.

This is already resolved in global-jjb v0.80.2, however, there is a residual set of code scattered around
in the integration jobs/ (and long scripts) which is generally maintained by Luis and integration folks (Luis),
which also needs an update.
I've updated some parts of the integration scripts, would be good to test these on the sandbox.

- ab

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 4:40 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> Robert and all,
>
> it looks like we are still having some issues in Sulfur integration
>
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/>
>

> Please let me know if it is ok to pick a RC despite these bgpcep and ofp
> issues

There seems to be a problem with the baseline image -- tests are failing
across the board and across releases due to 'openstack' not being installed.

Not sure how to fix this.

@Anil Belur and/or @Andrew Grimberg can you guys take a look at this issue? i know that we have to open a case, but i can't at the moment

Bye,
Robert

<mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
> On 18/08/2022 16:36, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>> Hello TSC and all... As mentioned in the other email thread,
we are
>> going to skip the code freeze from now on and move forward
to pick a
>> RC for Sulfur SR2. At this point, it doesn't look like we
are ready to
>> pick an RC based of what I'm seeing here but @Robert Varga
>> <mailto:nite@... <mailto:nite@...>> please correct me if
I'm wrong

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/>

<https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/>>

> Actually MRI projects have not been update since May due to
all the
> churn required to get 2022.09 back on regular release schedule.
>
> The critical issue here is
> https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/YANGTOOLS-1436
<https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/YANGTOOLS-1436>, which has
been
> resolved this week, so I am spinning releases out -- BUT!
>
> This means catching up with backports across the board, so
this might
> take up to a week (or more (*)).
This is all done now.
Great, thanks! I'll pick a Sulfur SR2 RC on monday 8/29

Re: TSC Meeting for September 1, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Venkatrangan Govindarajan

Will join the meeting by 10:15 pm pst. Sorry for delay.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022, 01:56 Ivan Hrasko <ivan.hrasko@...> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to nominate @Tibor to be my proxy for the next two TSC Meetings.

Best,

Ivan

Od: TSC@... <TSC@...> v mene používateľa Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...>
Odoslané: streda, 31. augusta 2022 14:54
Komu: TSC
Kópia: Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> (ddelarosa0707@...)
Predmet: [OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Meeting for September 1, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

The next TSC meeting is September 1st, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific Time.

As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki

at the following URL:

 https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/cgKdAQ

Re: TSC Meeting for September 1, 2022 at 10 pm Pacific

Ivan Hrasko

Od: TSC@... <TSC@...> v mene používateľa Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...>
Odoslané: streda, 31. augusta 2022 14:54
Komu: TSC

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 9:41 AM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...> wrote:

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 6:50 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> On 18/08/2022 16:36, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>> Hello TSC and all... As mentioned in the other email thread, we are
>> going to skip the code freeze from now on and move forward to pick a
>> RC for Sulfur SR2. At this point, it doesn't look like we are ready to
>> pick an RC based of what I'm seeing here but @Robert Varga
>> <mailto:nite@...> please correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/
>> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/>
>>

> Actually MRI projects have not been update since May due to all the
> churn required to get 2022.09 back on regular release schedule.
>
> The critical issue here is
> https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/YANGTOOLS-1436, which has been
> resolved this week, so I am spinning releases out -- BUT!
>
> This means catching up with backports across the board, so this might
> take up to a week (or more (*)).

This is all done now.

Great, thanks! I'll pick a Sulfur SR2 RC on monday 8/29

Re: [opendaylight-dev] Message Approval Needed - rohini.ambika@infosys.com posted to dev@lists.opendaylight.org

Rohini Ambika

Hi Rangan,

A gentle reminder.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohini

From: Group Notification <noreply@...>
Date: Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 9:04 PM
To: <odl-mailman-owner@...>

A message was sent to the group https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/dev from rohini.ambika@... that needs to be approved because the user is new member moderated.

Subject: FW: ODL Clustering issue - High Availability

Hi All,

As presented/discussed in the ODL TSC meeting held on 22nd Friday 10.30 AM IST, posting this email to highlight the issues on ODL clustering use cases encountered during the performance testing.

Details and configurations as follows:

* Requirement : ODL clustering for high availability (HA) on data distribution
* Env Configuration:

* 3 node k8s Cluster ( 1 master & 3 worker nodes) with 3 ODL instances running on each node
* CPU : 8 Cores
* RAM : 20GB
* Java Heap size : Min - 512MB Max - 16GB
* JDK version : 11
* Kubernetes version : 1.19.1
* Docker version : 20.10.7

* ODL features installed to enable clustering:

* odl-netconf-clustered-topology
* odl-restconf-all

* Device configured : Netconf devices , all devices having same schema(tested with 250 devices)
* Use Case:

* Fail Over/High Availability:

* Expected : In case any of the ODL instance gets down/restarted due to network splits or internal error, other instance in cluster should be available and functional. If the affected instance is having master mount, the other instance who is elected as master by re-election should be able to re-register the devices and resume the operations. Once the affected instance comes up, it should be able to join the cluster as member node and register the slave mounts.
* Observation : When the odl instance which is having the master mount restarts, election happens among the other node in the cluster and elects the new leader. Now the new leader is trying to re-register the master mount but failed at a point due to the termination of the Akka Cluster Singleton Actor. Hence the cluster goes to idle state and failed to assign owner for the device DOM entity. In this case, the configuration of already mounted device/ new mounts will fail.

* JIRA reference : https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/CONTROLLER-2035<https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fjira.opendaylight.org%2Fbrowse%2FCONTROLLER-2035&data=05%7C01%7Crohini.ambika%40infosys.com%7C12cedda8fd77459df73b08da6fb6802e%7C63ce7d592f3e42cda8ccbe764cff5eb6%7C0%7C0%7C637945126890707334%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=6yZbWAhTgVdwHVbpO7UtUenKW5%2B476j%2BG4ZEodjBUKc%3D&reserved=0>
* Akka configuration of all the nodes attached. (Increased the gossip-interval time to 5s in akka.conf file to avoid Akka AskTimedOut issue while mounting multiple devices at a time.)

Requesting your support to identify if there is any mis-configurations or any known solution for the issue .
Please let us know if any further information required.

Note : We have tested the single ODL instance without enabling cluster features in K8s cluster. In case of K8s node failure, ODL instance will be re-scheduled in other available K8s node and operations will be resumed.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohini

A complete copy of this message has been attached for your convenience.

To approve this using email, reply to this message. You do not need to attach the original message, just reply and send.

Reject this message and notify the sender.

NOTE: The pending message will expire after 14 days. If you do not take action within that time, the pending message will be automatically rejected.

Change your notification settings

--

- Rahul Sharma

--

- Rahul Sharma

--

- Rahul Sharma

--

Venkatrangan Govindarajan
( When there is no wind...Row )

This communication is private and may be confidential and contain information that is proprietary, privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure and should be treated accordingly. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message. In accordance with our guidelines, emails sent or received may be monitored. Inmarsat Global Limited, Registered No. 3675885. Registered in England and Wales with Registered Office at 99 City Road, London EC1Y 1AX

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Sulfur code freeze for SR2

Daniel de la Rosa

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 6:50 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
> On 18/08/2022 16:36, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>> Hello TSC and all... As mentioned in the other email thread, we are
>> going to skip the code freeze from now on and move forward to pick a
>> RC for Sulfur SR2. At this point, it doesn't look like we are ready to
>> pick an RC based of what I'm seeing here but @Robert Varga
>> <mailto:nite@...> please correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/
>> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/>
>>

> Actually MRI projects have not been update since May due to all the
> churn required to get 2022.09 back on regular release schedule.
>
> The critical issue here is
> https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/YANGTOOLS-1436, which has been
> resolved this week, so I am spinning releases out -- BUT!
>
> This means catching up with backports across the board, so this might
> take up to a week (or more (*)).

This is all done now.

Great, thanks! I'll pick a Sulfur SR2 RC on monday 8/29

Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] Sulfur code freeze for SR2

Hello TSC and all... As mentioned in the other email thread, we are going to skip the code freeze from now on and move forward to pick a RC for Sulfur SR2. At this point, it doesn't look like we are ready to pick an RC based of what I'm seeing here but @Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...> please correct me if I'm wrong

The critical issue here is https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/YANGTOOLS-1436, which has been resolved this week, so I am spinning releases out -- BUT!
This means catching up with backports across the board, so this might take up to a week (or more (*)).
This is all done now.

TSC Meeting for August 25, 2022 at 9 am Pacific

The next TSC meeting is August 25, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time.
As usual, the agenda proposal and the connection details for this meeting are available in the wiki
at the following URL:

Re: OpenDaylight Survey - Draft

Filip Sterling

Thank you very much for the suggestion, Guillaume - I have incorporated the category in the use case question, as well as adjusted the question itself.

If there are no other suggestions until tomorrow (24th August), I will work with Pano on finalizing the distribution of the questionnaire.

Filip Čúzy

Marketing Specialist

PANTHEON .tech

Mlynské Nivy 56, 821 05 Bratislava