Date

Re: Next Hackfest Dates

Rob Sherwood

Question:

There was some talk (suggested by Chris Wright, IIRC) about trying to coordinate the controller merge proposals evaluation/decision process with the hackfest.  Now that the hackfest dates are being moved out, do we still want to do this?

I would suggest yes, but I wonder what others think.

- Rob
.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
Hello TSC:

As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.  While we were quite close on one upcoming date, we have had multiple requests to schedule the next hackfest later.  The new proposed date/location for the next hackfest is:

When: June 6th and 7th, 2013.
Where: Hotel Valencia at Santana Row (San Jose)

Pushing back the date provides a variety of benefits including more time for participants to make travel arrangements resulting in significantly higher attendance.

My apologies if this has caused anyone significant inconvenience.

TSC members, please let me know if you will be able to attend.

If there is reasonable representation from the TSC,  we will lock this date down and send a broader announcement to the full developer community.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions

Intro to net-virt-platform: OpenStack integration and HA demo videos

Rob Sherwood

FYI -- tsc members have also asked me about net-virt code, so I wanted to make sure that people saw this.

- Rob
.

From: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:21 PM
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: [OpenDaylight TSC] Next Hackfest Dates

David Meyer <dmm@...>

wrote:
[...]

Vijoy Pandey <vijoy.pandey@...>

I will be able to attend.

-vijoy

Phil Robb ---05/07/2013 02:31:41 PM---Hello TSC: As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.  While

From: Phil Robb <probb@...>
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>,
Date: 05/07/2013 02:31 PM
Sent by: tsc-bounces@...

[...]

Next Hackfest Dates

Phil Robb

[...]

Rob, now that we've heard what Colin and David have come up with....

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Can you restate what your proposal is and how it fits into the
framework we just heard from Colin and David (if indeed it does)? IMO
this would be very helpful for the community and would help us gauge
where we are with the merge proposal(s).

Thanks,

--dmm

Agenda for the 05/09 TSC meeting

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Re: motions and proxy voting proposals

Chris Wright <chrisw@...>

* Thomas Nadeau (tnadeau@...) wrote:
* Thomas Nadeau (tnadeau@...) wrote:
Motions

Before being put to a vote, motions presented before the TSC must be
raised publicly on the development mailing-list for a minimum of 4
Come to think of it, we don't actually have "the development" list.
We have "the discuss" list, or "the TSC" list. Capturing the spirit here,
it'd be discuss.

business days prior to a vote. This will give a chance to the wider
community to express their opinion
---
as well as accommodate the possibility that members might not attend
a meeting and vote in person.
---
Perhaps we could strike that bit, since we allow for proxy voting.

Motions
not posted to the list will not be considered official motions.
Probably redundant w/ "[motions] must be raised publically"

TSC members can vote via email positively, negatively, or abstain as
is
the case
today, but must voice their votes in writing on the public mailing
list.
Similarly here, another option is that we vote in the meeting and
require one of:

- member or proxy voting +1, -1, 0
- no show == no vote

The advantage is the simplicity of getting together and voting right
then and there.
Right, no vote == abstain.

This
will serve as the official written public record of their vote.
Members or their proxies and designates that do not vote or have their
votes received by the chair via the official mailing list will be
counted
as no-vote.
Why would we count not voting as a "no" vote?
You need some default state. It seems the most obvious route is no vote
== abstain to me.
Sorry, that's just me not being able to read. I read "no-vote" as a vote
for "no" rather than not voting.

thanks,
-chris

Re: is there any progress that the "controller" and "net-virt-platform" folks have done around a resolution plan can be reported on?

David Meyer <dmm@...>

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Rob Sherwood
<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
OK -- just so it's said, I consider Colin and Dave's proposal to be simply a
more well thought out and detailed version of my proposal that I pitched on
discuss.

https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/discuss/2013-April/000044.html
Actually both your proposal and whether or not what Colin/David are
suggesting is the same thing as you have proposed are items for
discussion.

--dmm

- Rob
.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Rob Sherwood
<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Colin and Dave are going to pitch their merged plan in about 40 minutes.
I'm still trying to understand the details but it seems to have some
strong
points.
Understand that, was wondering if there were other proposals that were
equally details

--dmm

- Rob
.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:

All,

Since I have asked the "controller" and "net-virt-platform" teams to
look at a resolution proposal, I'm looking for a progress report (if
any).

Thnx,

--dmm

<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
[...]