Vijoy Pandey <vijoy.pandey@...>

I will be able to attend.

-vijoy

Phil Robb ---05/07/2013 02:31:41 PM---Hello TSC: As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.  While

From: Phil Robb <probb@...>
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>,
Date: 05/07/2013 02:31 PM
Subject: [OpenDaylight TSC] Next Hackfest Dates
Sent by: tsc-bounces@...

Hello TSC:

As you know we have been working on the dates for the next Hackfest.  While we were quite close on one upcoming date, we have had multiple requests to schedule the next hackfest later.  The new proposed date/location for the next hackfest is:

When: June 6th and 7th, 2013.
Where: Hotel Valencia at Santana Row (San Jose)

Pushing back the date provides a variety of benefits including more time for participants to make travel arrangements resulting in significantly higher attendance.

My apologies if this has caused anyone significant inconvenience.

TSC members, please let me know if you will be able to attend.

If there is reasonable representation from the TSC,  we will lock this date down and send a broader announcement to the full developer community.

Phil.
--

Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions

Re: Next Hackfest Dates

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Thnx Phil. I can attend. --dmm

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
[...]

Next Hackfest Dates

Phil Robb

[...]

Rob, now that we've heard what Colin and David have come up with....

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Can you restate what your proposal is and how it fits into the
framework we just heard from Colin and David (if indeed it does)? IMO
this would be very helpful for the community and would help us gauge
where we are with the merge proposal(s).

Thanks,

--dmm

Agenda for the 05/09 TSC meeting

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Re: motions and proxy voting proposals

Chris Wright <chrisw@...>

* Thomas Nadeau (tnadeau@...) wrote:
* Thomas Nadeau (tnadeau@...) wrote:
Motions

Before being put to a vote, motions presented before the TSC must be
raised publicly on the development mailing-list for a minimum of 4
Come to think of it, we don't actually have "the development" list.
We have "the discuss" list, or "the TSC" list. Capturing the spirit here,
it'd be discuss.

business days prior to a vote. This will give a chance to the wider
community to express their opinion
---
as well as accommodate the possibility that members might not attend
a meeting and vote in person.
---
Perhaps we could strike that bit, since we allow for proxy voting.

Motions
not posted to the list will not be considered official motions.
Probably redundant w/ "[motions] must be raised publically"

TSC members can vote via email positively, negatively, or abstain as
is
the case
today, but must voice their votes in writing on the public mailing
list.
Similarly here, another option is that we vote in the meeting and
require one of:

- member or proxy voting +1, -1, 0
- no show == no vote

The advantage is the simplicity of getting together and voting right
then and there.
Right, no vote == abstain.

This
will serve as the official written public record of their vote.
Members or their proxies and designates that do not vote or have their
votes received by the chair via the official mailing list will be
counted
as no-vote.
Why would we count not voting as a "no" vote?
You need some default state. It seems the most obvious route is no vote
== abstain to me.
Sorry, that's just me not being able to read. I read "no-vote" as a vote
for "no" rather than not voting.

thanks,
-chris

Re: is there any progress that the "controller" and "net-virt-platform" folks have done around a resolution plan can be reported on?

David Meyer <dmm@...>

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Rob Sherwood
<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
OK -- just so it's said, I consider Colin and Dave's proposal to be simply a
more well thought out and detailed version of my proposal that I pitched on
discuss.

https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/discuss/2013-April/000044.html
Actually both your proposal and whether or not what Colin/David are
suggesting is the same thing as you have proposed are items for
discussion.

--dmm

- Rob
.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Rob Sherwood
<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Colin and Dave are going to pitch their merged plan in about 40 minutes.
I'm still trying to understand the details but it seems to have some
strong
points.
Understand that, was wondering if there were other proposals that were
equally details

--dmm

- Rob
.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:

All,

Since I have asked the "controller" and "net-virt-platform" teams to
look at a resolution proposal, I'm looking for a progress report (if
any).

Thnx,

--dmm

Re: is there any progress that the "controller" and "net-virt-platform" folks have done around a resolution plan can be reported on?

Rob Sherwood

<rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
[...]

TSC Members vote on meeting time

Phil Robb

Hello TSC Members:

Please indicate below what times work for you for an added weekly TSC meeting.  You can put an "X", a "Y", or "Yes".. whatever you prefer under *ALL* of the times that would work for you.

Tuesdays at 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT

Tuesdays at 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EDT

Tuesdays at 11:00am PDT / 2:00pm EDT

Tuesdays at 12:00pm PDT / 3:00pm EDT

Tuesdays at 2:00pm PDT/5:00pm EDT

Extend the Thursday meetings to 2 hours  (10:00am - 12:00pm PDT / 1:00pm - 3:00pm EDT)

So as not to spam the list too badly, please just send your responses to me and do not reply all.

Again, this email survey is to only be completed by the members of the OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee.

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb

Re: motions and proxy voting proposals

David Meyer <dmm@...>

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...> wrote:

First off, Dave, do you have the editing pen now for this?
No, not unless you need me to take it. --dmm

[...]

Decisions need more positive votes than negative votes (ties mean the
motion is rejected), and a minimum of positive votes of at least one
third of the total number of TC members (rounded up: in a board with
8PTLs+5 that means a minimum of 5 approvers).
Need to reflect OpenDaylight structure here (TC->TSC, PTL->Project Lead,
and, well, +5...bleh ditch it all and just say "in a board w/ 13member
that means a minimum of 5 approvers). And while I like the spirit,
I think we'll need to change the TSC charter which currently states:

- Simple majority voting should be used for decisions within the TSC,
unless otherwise specified in Development Process.

Proxy Delegates

Any Technical Steering Committee (TSC) member may designate a proxy to
attend a meeting in their place. This change must be sent to both the
TSC (private) list as well as the TSC chair in writing at least 1
hour prior to the expiration period of a motion for a vote. This
person
may place votes on behalf of the TSC member both in person at a
meeting,
or via email in case they cannot attend the meeting for the period
of 1 meeting unless otherwise stipulated.
I think a proxy designation should go to public list. And I'm leaning
towards voting in the meeting, which would suggest this gets rewritten to:

Any Technical Steering Committee (TSC) member may designate a proxy
to attend a meeting in their place. This change must be sent to both
the TSC mailing list as well as the TSC chair at least 1 hour prior to
meeting during which designate will act as a proxy. This proxy may
represent the opinion of and vote on behalf of the TSC member.
Cool.

--Tom

thanks,
-chris

Re: motions and proxy voting proposals

Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...>

* David Meyer (dmm@...) wrote:
On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...> wrote:
Decisions need more positive votes than negative votes (ties mean the
motion is rejected), and a minimum of positive votes of at least one
third of the total number of TC members (rounded up: in a board with
8PTLs+5 that means a minimum of 5 approvers).
dmm> I didn't understand the parenthetical comment (and what does PTL
stand for?)
That's boilerplate from the original. OpenStack has a TC (Technical
Committee), which is built of PTLs (Project Technical Leads) and 5
community voted representatives (the +5).

thanks,
-chris

Re: motions and proxy voting proposals

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Thanks Tom. A few questions/comments in line. --dmm

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...> wrote:

        I have tried to capture the details of our discussion last week. Please
comment on the proposal below so that we can amend the process as soon as
possible.

        --Tom

Email-based or Proxy-based Voting

  This proposal amends the existing TSC voting procedures that stipulate
  that voting by TSC members must be done "in person" during scheduled
  meetings.

Motions

  Before being put to a vote, motions presented before the TSC must be
  raised publicly on the development mailing-list for a minimum of 4
  business days prior to a vote. This will give a chance to the wider
  community to express their opinion as well as accommodate the
possibility
  that members might not attend a meeting and vote in person. Motions
  not posted to the list will not be considered official motions.

  TSC members can vote via email positively, negatively, or abstain as is
the case
  today, but must voice their votes in writing on the public mailing list.

dmm> not sure but what would be (perhaps) useful would be to have a "secret" ballot mechanism such that all of the votes tallied and posted simultaneously with the outcome. This way no one has to have a deciding vote. Just a thought.

This
  will serve as the official written public record of their vote.
  Members or their proxies and designates that do not vote or have their
  votes received by the chair via the official mailing list will be counted
  as no-vote.

dmm> if we decide to allow "secret" balloting we'll have to have a look at the previous paragraph.

[...]

Re: Question about Controller Project's Modules/Bundles and Interfaces Page

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Thanks Chris. --dmm

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Chris Wright <chrisw@...> wrote:
* Chris Wright (chrisw@...) wrote:
> * Aleksandar Miljusevic (miljusevic@...) wrote:
> > Is editing of the Controller Project's Modules/Bundles and Interfaces Page
> > going to be open to the public at some point?
>
> It's editable now. You need to log in.
> Perhaps you simply need an account?

FYI, I updated the wiki landing page to include a pointer to the account
system.  The direct link is here:

https://identity.opendaylight.org/

thanks,
-chris

P.S. thanks to Andrew for reminding me of the account system link ;)

* Chris Wright (chrisw@...) wrote:
* Aleksandar Miljusevic (miljusevic@...) wrote:
Is editing of the Controller Project's Modules/Bundles and Interfaces Page
going to be open to the public at some point?
It's editable now. You need to log in.
Perhaps you simply need an account?
FYI, I updated the wiki landing page to include a pointer to the account
system. The direct link is here:

https://identity.opendaylight.org/

thanks,
-chris

P.S. thanks to Andrew for reminding me of the account system link ;)

14201 - 14220 of 14323