Date   

Re: Life cycle on wiki?

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 



On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

Do you mean "Proposed Contributions" on https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Main_Page (maybe we should call this "Proposals") or something else?

Thnx,

--dmm
 
 

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc





Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Rob Sherwood
 

Actually, this is the link to the current official document.  Has their been a wiki page created for where to house *proposals* for it?  If not, I can just start one.

Please let me know and thanks,

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




Re: Life cycle on wiki?

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 



On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
3 minutes response time -- must have caught the linux foundation folks while eatting lunch (sorry -- running joke about how awesome/responsive the LF folks have been -- thanks!!).


Definitely. The LF folks are really awesome. Thanks! --dmm 

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc





Re: Life cycle on wiki?

Rob Sherwood
 

3 minutes response time -- must have caught the linux foundation folks while eatting lunch (sorry -- running joke about how awesome/responsive the LF folks have been -- thanks!!).

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:


On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc




Re: Life cycle on wiki?

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 



On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...> wrote:
I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?


Thanks Phil for getting this up in a timely fashion.

--dmm
 

Thanks,

- Rob
.

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc



Life cycle on wiki?

Rob Sherwood
 

I believe we were supposed to put our proposed life cycle changes on the wiki: did such a page get setup already?

Thanks,

- Rob
.


OpenDaylight @ LinkedIn

Siamak Azodolmolky <siamak.azodolmolky@...>
 

Dear All,
  In addition to Twitter, Facebook and Google+, I made a LinkedIn group for OpenDaylight here:

 http://www.linkedin.com/groups/OpenDaylight-4966094/about.

If you want, we can also add it to the OpenDaylight web site as yet another mean to spread the news and promote OpenDaylight and let others to be in touch.

best regards,
Siamak
--

Dr. Siamak Azodolmolky

PhD, Msc, SM IEEE, PM ACM

Senior Researcher

Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Expert

E-mail: Siamak.Azodolmolky@...

Skype ID: Siamak.Azodolmolky



my slides from the ODP sessions at the ONS meeting

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 

See in particular the lifecycle on slide 11 (on the agenda for discussion today).  --dmm


Updated Invitation: OpenDaylight TSC Meeting @ Thu Apr 18, 2013 10am - 11am (probb@linuxfoundation.org)

Phil Robb
 

This event has been changed.

OpenDaylight TSC Meeting

Changed: OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee meeting.

Date and Time: Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)
Event number: 667 534 923
Event password: odptsc
Event address for attendees: https://linuxfoundation.webex.com/linuxfoundation/onstage/g.php?d=667534923&t=a
Teleconference information
US TOLL: +1-415-655-0001
Access code: 667 534 923

Please see the TSC Wiki page for the current Agenda: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Main

When
Thu Apr 18, 2013 10am – 11am Pacific Time
Where
Changed: +1-415-655-0001 access code: 667 534 923 (map)
Calendar
probb@...
Who
(Guest list is too large to display)

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account tsc@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future notifications for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Agenda for tomorrow's TSC call

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 


Re: net-virt-platform has moved to Boot Strap

Rob Sherwood
 

FYI: good news and bad news. 

The bad news is that I failed to commit to a date yesterday for when we would remove all of the vendor references in the code. 

The good news is that the changes have already been made and are in place *already*  in the code that is available now. 

- Rob
.


On Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Phil Robb wrote:
Members of the TSC:

The net-virt-platform contribution has completed the process and as per the TSC's decision during the last meeting (minutes here), it has moved to Bootstrap state.  The code is being uploaded to the OpenDaylight repository and should be available to everyone soon.

Once the code is available, I'll send a follow up note to this list and also post the news on opendaylight-announce.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb


net-virt-platform has moved to Boot Strap

Phil Robb
 

Members of the TSC:

The net-virt-platform contribution has completed the process and as per the TSC's decision during the last meeting (minutes here), it has moved to Bootstrap state.  The code is being uploaded to the OpenDaylight repository and should be available to everyone soon.

Once the code is available, I'll send a follow up note to this list and also post the news on opendaylight-announce.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb


Invite/Webex information for tomorrow's OpenDaylight TSC Meeting

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 

Agenda to follow. Thanks again to Phil Robb for setting this up.

Thnx,

--dmm

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <messenger@...>
Date: Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Subject: Web seminar scheduled: OpenDaylight TSC Meeting
To: probb@...


Hello Phil Robb,

You scheduled the following Web seminar using WebEx.

Topic: OpenDaylight TSC Meeting
Date and Time:
Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)
Event number: 667 534 923
Event password: odptsc
Panelist password: tscmbr (Please do not share panelist password)
Host key: 154630 (Use this to reclaim host privileges.)
Event address for attendees: https://linuxfoundation.webex.com/linuxfoundation/onstage/g.php?d=667534923&t=a
Event address for panelists: https://linuxfoundation.webex.com/linuxfoundation/onstage/g.php?d=667534923&t=p

-------------------------------------------------------
To start the online event
-------------------------------------------------------
At least 30 minutes before the starting time:

1. Go to https://linuxfoundation.webex.com/linuxfoundation/onstage/g.php?d=667534923&t=h
2. Log in to your host account if you have not yet done so.
3. On the Event Information page that appears, click "Start Now".

-------------------------------------------------------
Teleconference information
-------------------------------------------------------
US TOLL: +1-415-655-0001
Access code: 667 534 923

http://www.webex.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. You should inform all meeting attendees prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.



slides for today's ODP ONS session

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 

Thanks Anees for the initial version of these. Please comment ASAP if there are moves/adds/changes.

Thnx,

--dmm


Re: decision on daylight presentation at ONS

Rob Sherwood
 

FYI, I'm rapidly trying to get others to cover for me at the floodlight developers track (in parallel with this) so I can try to attend.  I'll save my comments for the general organizational structure of this for another time.

- Rob
.


On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:
Folks,

After trying various ways around this I have decided that the best course of action is for me to give an overview of what Daylight is (marketecture, governance, how to participate, ...). After that I'd like to invite any TSC members (or their representative) present to join me on stage for Q&A.

Not optimal, but given the situation its the best that can be done.

--dmm


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc



decision on daylight presentation at ONS

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 

Folks,

After trying various ways around this I have decided that the best course of action is for me to give an overview of what Daylight is (marketecture, governance, how to participate, ...). After that I'd like to invite any TSC members (or their representative) present to join me on stage for Q&A.

Not optimal, but given the situation its the best that can be done.

--dmm


Meet at ONS to discuss our session

David Meyer <dmm@...>
 

Can anyone who is around Lethe know? Also, let me know if you can make a short presentation on your proposed contribution. Thnx, --dmm


Re: tsc mailing activity

Rob Sherwood
 

Yes, the time slots are correct.  This is part of the 'developers track' that I am co-chairing with Ichiro Fudata.  As I described in the TSC meeting where we last talked about this, there are two other controller developer tracks going on in parallel (me with Floodlight and Ichiro with Ryu).  Obviously I'd like to be in the loop for this with both of my hats, though I will be speaking at the same time so I won't be able to participate directly.

Let me know how I can help,

- Rob


On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Abhishek Chauhan <Abhishek.Chauhan@...> wrote:

From: http://opennetsummit.org/program.html, it looks like the session is from 2:30-4:00p, repeat from 4:30-6:00p on Tue April 16.

 

Is this correct?

 

I agree with Tom’s earlier observation and quoted below:

 

Tom wrote: “I like 1 and 2, but I think having 9 people going up/down on stage might be "odd".  It might be better to fold 2 into 3 and present a slide with each company's contributions and then let the q&a address that.

 

But if we are in agreement on the n-people-present-their-contribution format, then please count me as one of the N.  To that end, what are the logistics?  Are we:

 

-          Collating a combined deck ?

-          Jointly reviewing by TSC prior to showtime?

 

-a

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Thomas Nadeau
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 8:05 AM
To: Rob Sherwood; David Meyer
Cc: tsc@...


Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] tsc mailing activity

 

What is the specific date and time?

 

From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Monday, April 15, 2013 7:59 AM
To: David Meyer <dmm@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] tsc mailing activity

 

Fwiw, I won't be able to attend at all with the Daylight presentation because I'm presenting at the same time.

 

- Rob

.

 

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:

Personally I haven't sent anything to either list since the cut over. 

 

Regarding the ONS< I spoke with Inder and he liked my suggest, which as you may recall was:

 

(i).   Present the overall architecture, perhaps using a diagram like the one Anees created
(ii).  Any member who has a proposed contribution can have 1/nth of the allotted to present the proposed contribution
(iii).  Q&A with TSC members who are at the ONS

So this much is on. Anees will present the overall {market,arch}itechre (thanks Anees), and a few folks have said they would like to speak about their proposed contributions. After that I'll moderate a Q&A session in the time left.

--dmm

 

 

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Abhishek Chauhan <Abhishek.Chauhan@...> wrote:

Hi Dave, Phil,

 

The last email I received on the TSC mail lists (public or private) was the list cut-over email from Phil Robb on Friday, with complete silence over the weekend...  Given the vocal bunch that we are, I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the list setup..

 

Independent of that, did we decide what we are doing with the ONS daylight talk sessions?

 

Best,

abhishek

 


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc

 



Re: tsc mailing activity

Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...>
 

Why do you see how II is impossible? I suggested people just describe their contributions in 2-3 sentences, maybe as part of their intro. no slides.

Tom 

On Apr 15, 2013, at 12:42 PM, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...> wrote:

I think 2 is going to be implausible at this late date.  

Ed

On Apr 15, 2013, at 2:30 PM, "Abhishek Chauhan" <Abhishek.Chauhan@...> wrote:

From: http://opennetsummit.org/program.html, it looks like the session is from 2:30-4:00p, repeat from 4:30-6:00p on Tue April 16.

 

Is this correct?

 

I agree with Tom’s earlier observation and quoted below:

 

Tom wrote: “I like 1 and 2, but I think having 9 people going up/down on stage might be "odd".  It might be better to fold 2 into 3 and present a slide with each company's contributions and then let the q&a address that.

 

But if we are in agreement on the n-people-present-their-contribution format, then please count me as one of the N.  To that end, what are the logistics?  Are we:

 

-          Collating a combined deck ?

-          Jointly reviewing by TSC prior to showtime?

 

-a

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Thomas Nadeau
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 8:05 AM
To: Rob Sherwood; David Meyer
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] tsc mailing activity

 

What is the specific date and time?

 

From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Monday, April 15, 2013 7:59 AM
To: David Meyer <dmm@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] tsc mailing activity

 

Fwiw, I won't be able to attend at all with the Daylight presentation because I'm presenting at the same time.

 

- Rob

.

 

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:

Personally I haven't sent anything to either list since the cut over. 

 

Regarding the ONS< I spoke with Inder and he liked my suggest, which as you may recall was:

 

(i).   Present the overall architecture, perhaps using a diagram like the one Anees created
(ii).  Any member who has a proposed contribution can have 1/nth of the allotted to present the proposed contribution
(iii).  Q&A with TSC members who are at the ONS

So this much is on. Anees will present the overall {market,arch}itechre (thanks Anees), and a few folks have said they would like to speak about their proposed contributions. After that I'll moderate a Q&A session in the time left.

--dmm

 

 

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Abhishek Chauhan <Abhishek.Chauhan@...> wrote:

Hi Dave, Phil,

 

The last email I received on the TSC mail lists (public or private) was the list cut-over email from Phil Robb on Friday, with complete silence over the weekend...  Given the vocal bunch that we are, I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the list setup..

 

Independent of that, did we decide what we are doing with the ONS daylight talk sessions?

 

Best,

abhishek

 


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc

 

_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: tsc mailing activity

Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@...>
 

so is the label both times ?

On Apr 15, 2013, at 12:30 PM, "Abhishek Chauhan" <Abhishek.Chauhan@...> wrote:

From: http://opennetsummit.org/program.html, it looks like the session is from 2:30-4:00p, repeat from 4:30-6:00p on Tue April 16.

 

Is this correct?

 

I agree with Tom’s earlier observation and quoted below:

 

Tom wrote: “I like 1 and 2, but I think having 9 people going up/down on stage might be "odd".  It might be better to fold 2 into 3 and present a slide with each company's contributions and then let the q&a address that.

 

But if we are in agreement on the n-people-present-their-contribution format, then please count me as one of the N.  To that end, what are the logistics?  Are we:

 

-          Collating a combined deck ?

-          Jointly reviewing by TSC prior to showtime?

 

-a

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Thomas Nadeau
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 8:05 AM
To: Rob Sherwood; David Meyer
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] tsc mailing activity

 

What is the specific date and time?

 

From: Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@...>
Date: Monday, April 15, 2013 7:59 AM
To: David Meyer <dmm@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] tsc mailing activity

 

Fwiw, I won't be able to attend at all with the Daylight presentation because I'm presenting at the same time.

 

- Rob

.

 

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM, David Meyer <dmm@...> wrote:

Personally I haven't sent anything to either list since the cut over. 

 

Regarding the ONS< I spoke with Inder and he liked my suggest, which as you may recall was:

 

(i).   Present the overall architecture, perhaps using a diagram like the one Anees created
(ii).  Any member who has a proposed contribution can have 1/nth of the allotted to present the proposed contribution
(iii).  Q&A with TSC members who are at the ONS

So this much is on. Anees will present the overall {market,arch}itechre (thanks Anees), and a few folks have said they would like to speak about their proposed contributions. After that I'll moderate a Q&A session in the time left.

--dmm

 

 

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Abhishek Chauhan <Abhishek.Chauhan@...> wrote:

Hi Dave, Phil,

 

The last email I received on the TSC mail lists (public or private) was the list cut-over email from Phil Robb on Friday, with complete silence over the weekend...  Given the vocal bunch that we are, I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the list setup..

 

Independent of that, did we decide what we are doing with the ONS daylight talk sessions?

 

Best,

abhishek

 


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc

 

14321 - 14340 of 14351