Date

TSC Meeting Minutes for March 26, 2020

Abhijit Kumbhare

Hi TSC,

Please find & review the TSC meeting minutes below:

If you find something that needs to be amended, please let me know - we can update it on the confluence page above.

Thanks,
Abhijit

TSC Meeting for April 2, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific - Agenda

Abhijit Kumbhare

Next TSC meeting is April 2, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/657152618.

Agenda for this meeting is at:

If you need to add anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Re: [controller-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] Transitioning Controller to being MRI

Multipatch-test is running here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/integration/job/integration-multipatch-test-aluminium/1

Once that job succeeds, I will be asking for supercommitter rights to
get those patches merged, after which controller's master will become
disconnected from MSI projects participating in Aluminium SimRel.
This has been discussed at today's TSC call and approved. I have raised
the ticket for the rights to merge up the patches.

I plan to execute this tomorrow morning CET and the disruption should be
pretty much the same as for any MRI bump -- so around 6 hours, perhaps
less now that it involves fewer projects.
This is now done, we should be back to normal as of
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/distribution-merge-managed-aluminium/435/
.

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/42/
is the next AR release, it should succeed.

Re: New Project Proposal - Service Automation Framework

Prem Sankar

Hello Olivier,
   Thanks for your positive feedback.  I hope you got responses to your queries in ODL project proposal wiki.  Please let us know if you have additional questions.  We are opensourcing key components of the product called Lumina LEAP as ODL Service Automation Framework.  Here is a demo that highlights some of the functionalities - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo24X-iZzfk
Regards,
Prem

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:29 PM <olivier.dugeon@...> wrote:

Hello Prem,

The proposal sounds very good, and I have just some questions:

  • You mention Camunda/BPMN as interface to SAF. Do you take into account the work already done within ONAP? In other terms, is SAF could replace the DigiGraph provided by ONAP community and makes interface between the Service Orchestrator (Camunda) and the SDN-C (OpenDaylight)? Or it is a new way to integrate OpenDaylight within ONAP?
  • Some OpenDaylight projects (e.g. BGPCEP) already implement OpenConfig. How SAF will articulate with these projects?
  • Do you plan to incorporate some persistency in SAF? I mean to push configuration back after a reboot for example.

Best Regards

Olivier

Le 24/03/2020 à 16:31, Prem Sankar a écrit :
Hi All,

We are proposing a new project for service automation called Service Automation Framework. Please review and provide feedback on this new project proposal - [1].

Regards,
Prem

--
Orange logo

Olivier Dugeon
Orange Expert, Future Networks
Open Source Referent
Orange/IMT/OLN/WTC/IEE/iTeQ

fixe : +33 2 96 07 28 80
mobile : +33 6 82 90 37 85
olivier.dugeon@...

Re: New Project Proposal - Service Automation Framework

Prem Sankar

Sure, review on April 9 works for us.  In parallel, we are also working on creating the sourcecode tarball.
Regards,
Prem

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 10:24 PM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Sounds good. TSC can review the project in the meeting of April 9 - will that work?

Rest of the TSC and others - please review the project proposal.

On Mar 24, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Prem Sankar <pgopannan@...> wrote:

Hi All,

We are proposing a new project for service automation called Service Automation Framework. Please review and provide feedback on this new project proposal - [1].

Regards,
Prem

Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

Karthikeyan

Hi Daniel,
   Please find inline response for "netvirt" project.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthikeyan.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:46 PM Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

We expect to complete Serviceutils and Genius migration within 3 weeks.

Serviceutils is work in progress.

For Genius, we are currently working on migrating the JUnit tests.

GENIUS patches

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87673

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87862

OVSDB chetan.arakere@...

Netvirt karthikeyangceb007@...

      As netvirt is dependent on GENIUS reviews we need 1 week of extra time to complete (3 weeks + 1 week = 4 weeks).

Thanks

Hema