Date   

Re: Jamo to proxy for Anil on Apr, 9th <EOM>

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Thanks for letting us know!


On Apr 8, 2020, at 9:27 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:





Jamo to proxy for Anil on Apr, 9th <EOM>

Anil Belur
 



TSC Meeting Agenda for April 9, 2020 at 9 am Pacific

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Next TSC meeting is April 9, 2020 at 9 am Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/219174946.

Agenda for this meeting is at:


If you need to add anything, please let me know or feel free to add to the page.

Thanks,
Abhijit


Re: 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Heather Kirksey <hkirksey@...>
 

Cedric,

I'm a few days late, but I'd also like to add my congratulations to everyone else's. I know that you'll be an opinionated and strong voice on behalf of the committers of our projects.

I know that ONAP has extended a personal invitation to you, but I am sure that all of our projects would like to invite you to understand their particular developer issues, challenges, and successes. It's a big challenge to ask any one committer to represent the voice of all developers in an umbrella of projects, so I really do want to thank you for taking this on. If you'd like any intros to the other projects or ask for time on the TSCs, the TPMs and I are here to help facilitate. 

Félicitations et bonne chance!

Heather


On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 3:56 PM Fu Qiao <fuqiao@...> wrote:

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 




--
Heather Kirksey
VP, Ecosystem and Community
LF Networking
Mobile: +1.512.917.7938
Email/Google Talk: hkirksey@...
IRC: HKirksey


Re: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

GU, JAMES <ji5690@...>
 

Congrats, Cedric!

 

James Gu

 

From: opnfv-tsc@... [mailto:opnfv-tsc@...] On Behalf Of Casey Cain
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:35 PM
To: TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6


Re: [onap-tsc] [lfn-TAC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

eric.debeau@...
 

Congrats to Cédric, our LFN hero !

Best Regards

Eric

De : onap-tsc@... [onap-tsc@...] de la part de Catherine LEFEVRE [catherine.lefevre@...]
Envoyé : jeudi 26 mars 2020 14:30
À : lfn-tac@...; Casey Cain; TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; tsc@...; tsc@...; OLLIVIER Cédric TGI/OLN
Objet : Re: [onap-tsc] [lfn-TAC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Way to Go Cedric !

 

We would like to invite you to our next ONAP TSC Call organized on April 2nd, 2020 to understand how our committers and contributors can interact with you.

 

Many thanks & regards

Catherine

 

From: lfn-tac@... <lfn-tac@...> On Behalf Of fuqiao
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:58 AM
To: Casey Cain <ccain@...>; TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: [lfn-TAC]
回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Re: [lfn-TAC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Lefevre, Catherine <catherine.lefevre@...>
 

Way to Go Cedric !

 

We would like to invite you to our next ONAP TSC Call organized on April 2nd, 2020 to understand how our committers and contributors can interact with you.

 

Many thanks & regards

Catherine

 

From: lfn-tac@... <lfn-tac@...> On Behalf Of fuqiao
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:58 AM
To: Casey Cain <ccain@...>; TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: [lfn-TAC]
回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 


Re: [TF TSC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Robert Cathey <robert@...>
 

Congratulations, Cédric!


On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 8:58 PM Fu Qiao <fuqiao@...> wrote:

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 



--
Robert Cathey
+1 865-386-6118


回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Fu Qiao <fuqiao@...>
 

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 


Re: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Ranganath, Sunku <sunku.ranganath@...>
 

Congratulations Cedric!

 

 

Thanks,

Sunku Ranganath

 

From: opnfv-tsc@... <opnfv-tsc@...> On Behalf Of GU, JAMES
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 8:12 AM
To: Casey Cain <ccain@...>; TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Congrats, Cedric!

 

James Gu

 

From: opnfv-tsc@... [mailto:opnfv-tsc@...] On Behalf Of Casey Cain
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:35 PM
To: TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6


TSC Meeting Minutes for April 2, 2020

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi TSC,

Please find & review the TSC meeting minutes below:


If you find something that needs to be amended, please let me know - we can update it on the confluence page above. 

Action Items:

  • It was agreed that PTLs of individual OpenDaylight projects will migrate the content of their project wikis from wiki-archive.opendaylight.org to wiki.opendaylight.org by the end of this month (done by May 1, 2020). This involves just copy pasting individual pages and updating the project template. If you have any questions or doubts, Casey can help you with respect to the template and a lot of us (Casey included) can help with respect to any Confluence questions.
  • KKS will review and propose a draft update to the ODL Security Process by April 16, 2020.

Thanks,
Abhijit


Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

Chetan
 

Hi Daniel,

 

Yes. Ovsdb will also be able to complete this task around this time.

 

Currently, I have already made the required changes and review in progress. The distribution  build for the patch is getting failed due to other projects.

 

Ref: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/ovsdb/+/87802

 

Thanks,

Chetan

From: Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...>
Sent: 02 April 2020 10:11
To: Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...>
Cc: Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>; Robert Varga <nite@...>; Faseela K <k.faseela@...>; Chetan Arakere Gowdru <chetan.arakere@...>; release@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

 

Hello Team

 

Thank you for your estimates on Serviceutils, Genius and Netvirt..  @Chetan Arakere Gowdru I'm assuming that it will be similar for OVSDB? 

In any case, in today's integration meeting, we came up with this idea:

 

Aluminum : netvirt and genius are expecting 4 weeks to migrate to the new mdsal API changes
So we may need to remove projects (e.g. netvirt, genius, ovsdb, serviceutils) from the distribution
at the Version Bump Checkpoint.

 

Let's review that on next TSC... Please confirm that you will be able to attend. Also we are going to confirm these Sodium and Magnesium schedule changes

 

 

 

Thanks

 

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 6:19 AM Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

   Please find inline response for "netvirt" project.

 

Thanks & Regards,

Karthikeyan.

 

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:46 PM Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

 

We expect to complete Serviceutils and Genius migration within 3 weeks.

 

Serviceutils is work in progress.

 

For Genius, we are currently working on migrating the JUnit tests.

GENIUS patches

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87673

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87862

 

OVSDB chetan.arakere@...

 

Netvirt karthikeyangceb007@...

 

      As netvirt is dependent on GENIUS reviews we need 1 week of extra time to complete (3 weeks + 1 week = 4 weeks).

    

 

Thanks

Hema

From: Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:44 PM
To: Robert Varga <nite@...>; Faseela K <k.faseela@...>; Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>; Chetan Arakere Gowdru <chetan.arakere@...>; Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...>
Cc: release@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

 

Hello all.. 

 

As agreed on TSC, the following PTL need to come up with an assessment on how much more time is needed to create a migration patch for the reasons described below

 

Serviceutils k.faseela@...

 

Please let us know as soon as possible so we can come up with a reschedule proposal for Aluminum, Magnesium and Sodium

 

Thanks

 

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:39 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

Hello,

this is a friendly reminder that the Controller MD-SAL APIs, as
represented by org.opendaylight.controller/sal-{binding,common,dom}-api
are going away REAL SOON NOW, specifically at the Aluminium MRI
Integrated Deadline, scheduled for 2020-04-13.

This is in 3 (three) weeks.

The full set of removed components can be seen here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/controller/+/87936

A quick grep through autorelease finds following projects reference
sal-binding-api, and hence are immediately threatening the MRI window:

serviceutils
genius
ovsdb
netvirt

neutron has a patch outstanding, unless it is merged beforehand (hint,
hint), I will be merging as part of the MRI bump.

If you care about any of the above projects, please make sure to
coordinate with its leadership as to the creation of the migration patch.

Regards,
Robert


 

--

Daniel de la Rosa
Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120


 

--

Daniel de la Rosa
Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120


Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello Team

Thank you for your estimates on Serviceutils, Genius and Netvirt..  @Chetan Arakere Gowdru I'm assuming that it will be similar for OVSDB? 
In any case, in today's integration meeting, we came up with this idea:

Aluminum : netvirt and genius are expecting 4 weeks to migrate to the new mdsal API changes
So we may need to remove projects (e.g. netvirt, genius, ovsdb, serviceutils) from the distribution
at the Version Bump Checkpoint.

Let's review that on next TSC... Please confirm that you will be able to attend. Also we are going to confirm these Sodium and Magnesium schedule changes



Thanks

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 6:19 AM Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...> wrote:
Hi Daniel,
   Please find inline response for "netvirt" project.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthikeyan.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:46 PM Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

 

We expect to complete Serviceutils and Genius migration within 3 weeks.

 

Serviceutils is work in progress.

 

For Genius, we are currently working on migrating the JUnit tests.

GENIUS patches

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87673

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87862

 

OVSDB chetan.arakere@...

 

Netvirt karthikeyangceb007@...

 
      As netvirt is dependent on GENIUS reviews we need 1 week of extra time to complete (3 weeks + 1 week = 4 weeks).
    

 

Thanks

Hema

From: Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:44 PM
To: Robert Varga <nite@...>; Faseela K <k.faseela@...>; Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>; Chetan Arakere Gowdru <chetan.arakere@...>; Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...>
Cc: release@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

 

Hello all.. 

 

As agreed on TSC, the following PTL need to come up with an assessment on how much more time is needed to create a migration patch for the reasons described below

 

Serviceutils k.faseela@...

 

Please let us know as soon as possible so we can come up with a reschedule proposal for Aluminum, Magnesium and Sodium

 

Thanks

 

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:39 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

Hello,

this is a friendly reminder that the Controller MD-SAL APIs, as
represented by org.opendaylight.controller/sal-{binding,common,dom}-api
are going away REAL SOON NOW, specifically at the Aluminium MRI
Integrated Deadline, scheduled for 2020-04-13.

This is in 3 (three) weeks.

The full set of removed components can be seen here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/controller/+/87936

A quick grep through autorelease finds following projects reference
sal-binding-api, and hence are immediately threatening the MRI window:

serviceutils
genius
ovsdb
netvirt

neutron has a patch outstanding, unless it is merged beforehand (hint,
hint), I will be merging as part of the MRI bump.

If you care about any of the above projects, please make sure to
coordinate with its leadership as to the creation of the migration patch.

Regards,
Robert


 

--

Daniel de la Rosa
Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120



--
Daniel de la Rosa
Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120


OpenDaylight Magnesium Released

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

OpenDaylight Magnesium has been released : https://www.opendaylight.org/what-we-do/current-release/magnesium ! 

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for another successful release - especially as it comes in these difficult times of the COVID-19 virus. Particularly I would like to thank the following folks:
- Robert Varga & Jamo Luhrsen for holding the fort on the Kernel and Integration projects respectively.
- Luis Gomez for among other things his work integrating and interfacing with the self managed projects as well as for his work interfacing with ONAP for ONAP distributions during last 6 months
- All the PTLs participating in the release
- Daniel De La Rosa for successfully managing the Magnesium release
- Casey Cain for his various endeavors on the tooling side (Migration of the Wiki from Mediawiki to Confluence, mailing lists, etc.)
- Brandon Wick, Jill Lovato and Amar Kapadia for the marketing material   


Also please check out the coverage of the release in the Q1 Networking Newsletter from the Linux Foundation that I have included below.

Best Regards,
Abhijit Kumbhare
OpenDaylight TSC Chair


Begin forwarded message:

From: "The Linux Foundation" <no-reply@...>
Subject: Q1 Networking Newsletter
Date: April 1, 2020 at 6:00:48 AM PDT

Q1 Networking News
LFN Welcomes 10 New Members

LF Networking recently welcomed new silver members A10 Networks, AMD, Codilime, Mirantis, Robin.io, Solutions by STC, ULAK, and Xilinx, and Associate members University of California San Diego, and University of Surrey.

“We’re expanding our member ecosystem in tandem with growth across initiatives that harmonize open source and open standards, enable automated testing and deployment, and further Cloud Native Network Functions as open source becomes more mainstream.” --Arpit Joshipura, General Manager, Networking, Edge & IoT, the Linux Foundation
Learn More
All LF Training Now On Sale

From now through April 7, all Linux Foundation training courses and certification exams are 30% off using code ANYWHERE30. This includes our entire catalog of open networking training courses, covering everything from DevOps for Network Engineers to courses on ONAP, OPNFV and more. ONAP certification exams will be launching in the coming months, so this is a great chance to get prepared. The LF also offers dozens of completely free training courses.
View Networking Courses
Magnesium Is Here

OpenDaylight Magnesium, the 12th release, includes two new projects, new features that help with service provider use cases, deeper cross-project collaboration with ONAP, and improvements in S3P (stability, security, scalability, performance). The new projects DetNet and Plastic deal with deterministic networking for performance sensitive traffic and model-to-model translations respectively. Magnesium also includes a JDK 11 packed with security enhancements.
Learn More & Download
LFN Mentorship Program Launches

The LF Networking Mentorship program is an invaluable on-ramp for college and graduate students looking to gain real world experience and skills in open source networking development, work closely with technical experts to grow their professional network, and enhance their resumes with tangible project contributions. Project opportunities include building a portal for ONAP Automation Testing; Hardware Delivery Verification Tool; ONAP Security Requirements; Conformance Testing for ETSI NFV APIs; and more.

Read the Blog
LFN Developer & Testing Forum Report Ready

The latest LFN Developer & Testing Forum took place in Prague, Czech Republic, from January 13-16, 2020, attracting 210 individuals from 60 organizations including 15 end user organizations. The event was a deep technical dive on LFN initiatives including ONAP, OPNFV, the Common NFVI Telco Taskforce (CNTT), and the OPNFV Verified Program (OVP).

Download Report
FD.io 20.01 Release Improves Multicore IPSec

The rise in worker mobility and increasingly complex multi-cloud architectures is escalating organizations’ reliance on encryption, putting computational strain on VPN products that buckle under the load. Learn how FD.io’s VPP Release 20.01 brings transparent, secure networking, and greater speed to IPSec.

Learn More
EasyCLA Automates Repo Access

CLA, or Contributor Licensing Agreement, is standard practice for establishing licensing and distribution rights in open source projects. EasyCLA, part of the Linux Foundation’s Community Bridge, is a tool for managing contributor agreements and software repository access simply and efficiently. Learn how this was rolled out for OPNFV community.  

Learn More
ONAP 5G Standards Whitepaper

As an operator-led open source community for a next generation network automation platform, ONAP has been committed to the convergence of standards and open source since inception, and has promoted cross-organizational industry cooperation by publishing a series of whitepapers. Based on the latest version of ONAP Frankfurt, this latest article in the series focuses on solving the core technical issues of the commercial vision of 5G slicing.

Download Whitepaper
Member Spotlight: PANTHEON.Tech

PANTHEON.tech is a software prototyping company based in Slovakia specializing in R&D of network technologies with a focus on open source software implementation and development. Learn more in this quick Q&A blog post with COO Štefan Kobza.

Learn More
5G Cloud Native Network Solution Brief

This initiative brought together a diverse group of participating projects and companies to showcase a keynote demo at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019 of a 5G network prototype built on open source infrastructure including Kubernetes. Learn how this PoC came together and join us as we continue to push the frontiers of 5G cloud native into CNF onboarding, deployment, and more. 
Download Brief
COVID-19 Impacts

The Linux Foundation is taking the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously and is following the recommendations of the WHO, CDC, and other expert groups. ONES North America has been postponed until the fall and new dates will be announced soon. In the meantime, the LFN Technical Meetings scheduled for the spring will be going virtual, and a new LFN Webinar series will be launched in Q2. Stay tuned for updates. Take care and be safe.
Got Questions? Email lfn-info@....
This email was sent by: The Linux Foundation
1 Letterman Dr., Building D San Francisco, CA, 94129, United States


 

Update Profile



TSC Meeting Minutes for March 26, 2020

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi TSC,

Please find & review the TSC meeting minutes below:


If you find something that needs to be amended, please let me know - we can update it on the confluence page above. 

Thanks,
Abhijit


TSC Meeting for April 2, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific - Agenda

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Next TSC meeting is April 2, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/657152618.

Agenda for this meeting is at:


If you need to add anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
Abhijit


Re: [controller-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] Transitioning Controller to being MRI

Robert Varga
 

On 26/03/2020 18:04, Robert Varga wrote:
Multipatch-test is running here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/integration/job/integration-multipatch-test-aluminium/1

Once that job succeeds, I will be asking for supercommitter rights to
get those patches merged, after which controller's master will become
disconnected from MSI projects participating in Aluminium SimRel.
This has been discussed at today's TSC call and approved. I have raised
the ticket for the rights to merge up the patches.

I plan to execute this tomorrow morning CET and the disruption should be
pretty much the same as for any MRI bump -- so around 6 hours, perhaps
less now that it involves fewer projects.
This is now done, we should be back to normal as of
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/distribution-merge-managed-aluminium/435/
.

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/42/
is the next AR release, it should succeed.

Regards,
Robert


Re: New Project Proposal - Service Automation Framework

Prem Sankar
 

Hello Olivier,
   Thanks for your positive feedback.  I hope you got responses to your queries in ODL project proposal wiki.  Please let us know if you have additional questions.  We are opensourcing key components of the product called Lumina LEAP as ODL Service Automation Framework.  Here is a demo that highlights some of the functionalities - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo24X-iZzfk
Regards,
Prem


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:29 PM <olivier.dugeon@...> wrote:

Hello Prem,

The proposal sounds very good, and I have just some questions:

  • You mention Camunda/BPMN as interface to SAF. Do you take into account the work already done within ONAP? In other terms, is SAF could replace the DigiGraph provided by ONAP community and makes interface between the Service Orchestrator (Camunda) and the SDN-C (OpenDaylight)? Or it is a new way to integrate OpenDaylight within ONAP?
  • Some OpenDaylight projects (e.g. BGPCEP) already implement OpenConfig. How SAF will articulate with these projects?
  • Do you plan to incorporate some persistency in SAF? I mean to push configuration back after a reboot for example.

Best Regards

Olivier

Le 24/03/2020 à 16:31, Prem Sankar a écrit :
Hi All,

We are proposing a new project for service automation called Service Automation Framework. Please review and provide feedback on this new project proposal - [1].

Regards,
Prem





    
--
Orange logo

 

Olivier Dugeon
Orange Expert, Future Networks
Open Source Referent
Orange/IMT/OLN/WTC/IEE/iTeQ

 

fixe : +33 2 96 07 28 80
mobile : +33 6 82 90 37 85
olivier.dugeon@...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Re: New Project Proposal - Service Automation Framework

Prem Sankar
 

Sure, review on April 9 works for us.  In parallel, we are also working on creating the sourcecode tarball. 
Regards,
Prem

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 10:24 PM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Sounds good. TSC can review the project in the meeting of April 9 - will that work?

Rest of the TSC and others - please review the project proposal.

On Mar 24, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Prem Sankar <pgopannan@...> wrote:

Hi All,

We are proposing a new project for service automation called Service Automation Framework. Please review and provide feedback on this new project proposal - [1].

Regards,
Prem






Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

Karthikeyan
 

Hi Daniel,
   Please find inline response for "netvirt" project.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthikeyan.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:46 PM Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

 

We expect to complete Serviceutils and Genius migration within 3 weeks.

 

Serviceutils is work in progress.

 

For Genius, we are currently working on migrating the JUnit tests.

GENIUS patches

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87673

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87862

 

OVSDB chetan.arakere@...

 

Netvirt karthikeyangceb007@...

 
      As netvirt is dependent on GENIUS reviews we need 1 week of extra time to complete (3 weeks + 1 week = 4 weeks).
    

 

Thanks

Hema

From: Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:44 PM
To: Robert Varga <nite@...>; Faseela K <k.faseela@...>; Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>; Chetan Arakere Gowdru <chetan.arakere@...>; Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...>
Cc: release@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

 

Hello all.. 

 

As agreed on TSC, the following PTL need to come up with an assessment on how much more time is needed to create a migration patch for the reasons described below

 

Serviceutils k.faseela@...

 

Please let us know as soon as possible so we can come up with a reschedule proposal for Aluminum, Magnesium and Sodium

 

Thanks

 

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:39 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

Hello,

this is a friendly reminder that the Controller MD-SAL APIs, as
represented by org.opendaylight.controller/sal-{binding,common,dom}-api
are going away REAL SOON NOW, specifically at the Aluminium MRI
Integrated Deadline, scheduled for 2020-04-13.

This is in 3 (three) weeks.

The full set of removed components can be seen here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/controller/+/87936

A quick grep through autorelease finds following projects reference
sal-binding-api, and hence are immediately threatening the MRI window:

serviceutils
genius
ovsdb
netvirt

neutron has a patch outstanding, unless it is merged beforehand (hint,
hint), I will be merging as part of the MRI bump.

If you care about any of the above projects, please make sure to
coordinate with its leadership as to the creation of the migration patch.

Regards,
Robert


 

--

Daniel de la Rosa
Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120

1701 - 1720 of 14349