Date   

Re: mailing list mapping from old lists to new lists

Casey Cain
 

Hi, Jamo.
I sent out the mapping of mailing lists as part of the migration.  Currently, projects that are considered "Kernel" are all forwarded to kernel-dev.  All other mailing lists (not including security, Jenkins, Infrastructure, Integration, discuss, TSC, dev, documentation, marketing, project proposals and release) are forwarded to app-dev.
If you are not subscribed to kernel-dev or app-dev, you will NOT receive an email.  Email sent to the old lists is being forwarded to the new lists automatically.  Please subscribe to kernel-dev or app-dev to receive emails.
You can subscribe to app-dev here: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev
You can subscribe to kernel-dev here: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/kernel-dev

Sadly, we can not edit the subgroup page on Groups.io.  It just lists the mailing lists.  It does however indicated which groups are "locked" with a padlock.  The lists that are locked will not receive email and are forwarded to kernel-dev or app-dev.  We can add a "category" to each of the lists, though.  I am not sure if or how that may help though.

Here is the current mapping of lists that are forwarded:

kernel-dev@... will receive all emails sent to:

app-dev@... will receive all emails sent to:

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193


On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 8:44 AM Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:
Casey,

Where can I find the mapping of projects to which new email list I
should be sending to? Like, which projects are in the kernel-dev
vs app-dev lists?

Also, can we edit the info on this page somehow?

https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/announce/subgroups

I'd like to clean up the description for the integration-dev list.

Thanks,
JamO



Re: [integration-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] Mailing Lists - kernel vs app projects

Luis Gomez
 

I do not know if it too late for this but I also think it would have been better to separate in kernel, plugins and apps.

On Apr 16, 2020, at 9:16 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

I agree with you. It should be there somewhere central. It should be also on each project’s wiki.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 9:02 AM Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

Yeah, I can look up the old emails too. My question comes from the
POV of a new person and how they are supposed to know where to
send an email?

Thanks,
JamO

On 4/16/20 8:54 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
Jamo,

In the email below are listed the projects in the kernel mailing list. The remaining projects should be in the app-dev mailing list.

Abhijit 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Date: Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:53 AM
Subject: [kernel-dev] ODL Phase 1 Kernel Projects Mailing List Migration Complete
To: <announce@...>, <kernel-dev@...>


Hello, everyone.

The migration for the Kernel Project Mailing lists is complete.  Please note, if you are not subscribed to kernel-dev@... you will no longer receive an email for the following lists:

If you have any questions or are experiencing any difficulties, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193


    



Re: Mailing Lists - kernel vs app projects

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

I agree with you. It should be there somewhere central. It should be also on each project’s wiki.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 9:02 AM Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

Yeah, I can look up the old emails too. My question comes from the
POV of a new person and how they are supposed to know where to
send an email?

Thanks,
JamO

On 4/16/20 8:54 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
Jamo,

In the email below are listed the projects in the kernel mailing list. The remaining projects should be in the app-dev mailing list.

Abhijit 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Date: Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:53 AM
Subject: [kernel-dev] ODL Phase 1 Kernel Projects Mailing List Migration Complete
To: <announce@...>, <kernel-dev@...>


Hello, everyone.

The migration for the Kernel Project Mailing lists is complete.  Please note, if you are not subscribed to kernel-dev@... you will no longer receive an email for the following lists:

If you have any questions or are experiencing any difficulties, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193


    


Re: Mailing Lists - kernel vs app projects

JamO Luhrsen
 

Yeah, I can look up the old emails too. My question comes from the
POV of a new person and how they are supposed to know where to
send an email?

Thanks,
JamO

On 4/16/20 8:54 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:

Jamo,

In the email below are listed the projects in the kernel mailing list. The remaining projects should be in the app-dev mailing list.

Abhijit 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Date: Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:53 AM
Subject: [kernel-dev] ODL Phase 1 Kernel Projects Mailing List Migration Complete
To: <announce@...>, <kernel-dev@...>


Hello, everyone.

The migration for the Kernel Project Mailing lists is complete.  Please note, if you are not subscribed to kernel-dev@... you will no longer receive an email for the following lists:

If you have any questions or are experiencing any difficulties, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193


    


Mailing Lists - kernel vs app projects

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Jamo,

In the email below are listed the projects in the kernel mailing list. The remaining projects should be in the app-dev mailing list.

Abhijit 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Date: Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:53 AM
Subject: [kernel-dev] ODL Phase 1 Kernel Projects Mailing List Migration Complete
To: <announce@...>, <kernel-dev@...>


Hello, everyone.

The migration for the Kernel Project Mailing lists is complete.  Please note, if you are not subscribed to kernel-dev@... you will no longer receive an email for the following lists:

If you have any questions or are experiencing any difficulties, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193


mailing list mapping from old lists to new lists

JamO Luhrsen
 

Casey,

Where can I find the mapping of projects to which new email list I
should be sending to? Like, which projects are in the kernel-dev
vs app-dev lists?

Also, can we edit the info on this page somehow?

https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/announce/subgroups

I'd like to clean up the description for the integration-dev list.

Thanks,
JamO


TSC Meeting for April 16, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific - Agenda

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Next TSC meeting is April 16, 2020 at 10 pm Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/657152618.

Agenda for this meeting is at:


If you need to add anything, please let me know or add it there.

Thanks,
Abhijit


TWS Session

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi folks,

We are scheduling the TWS for next week for the project proposal review session next Monday, April 20.


We are also targeting a TWS for an overview of the Transport PCE project sometime in the near future - most likely on April 27. If you feel you would like to present something cool and interesting about your ODL project or related - please let me know and I can schedule it on the TWS calendar.

Thanks,
Abhijit


Re: Jamo to proxy for Anil on Apr, 9th <EOM>

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Thanks for letting us know!


On Apr 8, 2020, at 9:27 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:





Jamo to proxy for Anil on Apr, 9th <EOM>

Anil Belur
 



TSC Meeting Agenda for April 9, 2020 at 9 am Pacific

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Next TSC meeting is April 9, 2020 at 9 am Pacific Time. The zoom session for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/219174946.

Agenda for this meeting is at:


If you need to add anything, please let me know or feel free to add to the page.

Thanks,
Abhijit


Re: 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Heather Kirksey <hkirksey@...>
 

Cedric,

I'm a few days late, but I'd also like to add my congratulations to everyone else's. I know that you'll be an opinionated and strong voice on behalf of the committers of our projects.

I know that ONAP has extended a personal invitation to you, but I am sure that all of our projects would like to invite you to understand their particular developer issues, challenges, and successes. It's a big challenge to ask any one committer to represent the voice of all developers in an umbrella of projects, so I really do want to thank you for taking this on. If you'd like any intros to the other projects or ask for time on the TSCs, the TPMs and I are here to help facilitate. 

Félicitations et bonne chance!

Heather


On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 3:56 PM Fu Qiao <fuqiao@...> wrote:

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 




--
Heather Kirksey
VP, Ecosystem and Community
LF Networking
Mobile: +1.512.917.7938
Email/Google Talk: hkirksey@...
IRC: HKirksey


Re: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

GU, JAMES <ji5690@...>
 

Congrats, Cedric!

 

James Gu

 

From: opnfv-tsc@... [mailto:opnfv-tsc@...] On Behalf Of Casey Cain
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:35 PM
To: TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6


Re: [onap-tsc] [lfn-TAC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

eric.debeau@...
 

Congrats to Cédric, our LFN hero !

Best Regards

Eric

De : onap-tsc@... [onap-tsc@...] de la part de Catherine LEFEVRE [catherine.lefevre@...]
Envoyé : jeudi 26 mars 2020 14:30
À : lfn-tac@...; Casey Cain; TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; tsc@...; tsc@...; OLLIVIER Cédric TGI/OLN
Objet : Re: [onap-tsc] [lfn-TAC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Way to Go Cedric !

 

We would like to invite you to our next ONAP TSC Call organized on April 2nd, 2020 to understand how our committers and contributors can interact with you.

 

Many thanks & regards

Catherine

 

From: lfn-tac@... <lfn-tac@...> On Behalf Of fuqiao
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:58 AM
To: Casey Cain <ccain@...>; TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: [lfn-TAC]
回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Re: [lfn-TAC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Lefevre, Catherine <catherine.lefevre@...>
 

Way to Go Cedric !

 

We would like to invite you to our next ONAP TSC Call organized on April 2nd, 2020 to understand how our committers and contributors can interact with you.

 

Many thanks & regards

Catherine

 

From: lfn-tac@... <lfn-tac@...> On Behalf Of fuqiao
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:58 AM
To: Casey Cain <ccain@...>; TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: [lfn-TAC]
回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 


Re: [TF TSC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Robert Cathey <robert@...>
 

Congratulations, Cédric!


On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 8:58 PM Fu Qiao <fuqiao@...> wrote:

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 



--
Robert Cathey
+1 865-386-6118


回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Fu Qiao <fuqiao@...>
 

Congratulations to Cedric

 

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

 

发件人: Casey Cain
发送时间: 2020323 22:30
收件人: TF TSC; TSC; tsc@...; onap-tsc; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC; tsc@...; tsc@...
主题: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Book a Meeting w/ Casey

 


Re: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Ranganath, Sunku <sunku.ranganath@...>
 

Congratulations Cedric!

 

 

Thanks,

Sunku Ranganath

 

From: opnfv-tsc@... <opnfv-tsc@...> On Behalf Of GU, JAMES
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 8:12 AM
To: Casey Cain <ccain@...>; TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Congrats, Cedric!

 

James Gu

 

From: opnfv-tsc@... [mailto:opnfv-tsc@...] On Behalf Of Casey Cain
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:35 PM
To: TF TSC <tsc@...>; TSC <tsc@...>; tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; opnfv-tsc@...; tsc@...; TAC <lfn-tac@...>; tsc@...; tsc@...
Subject: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

 

Hello, everyone.

 

Please join me in congratulating Cédric Ollivier as the new LFN Committer Representative to the Board.  Cédric will be representing the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing Board.   

 

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election!

 

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6


TSC Meeting Minutes for April 2, 2020

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi TSC,

Please find & review the TSC meeting minutes below:


If you find something that needs to be amended, please let me know - we can update it on the confluence page above. 

Action Items:

  • It was agreed that PTLs of individual OpenDaylight projects will migrate the content of their project wikis from wiki-archive.opendaylight.org to wiki.opendaylight.org by the end of this month (done by May 1, 2020). This involves just copy pasting individual pages and updating the project template. If you have any questions or doubts, Casey can help you with respect to the template and a lot of us (Casey included) can help with respect to any Confluence questions.
  • KKS will review and propose a draft update to the ODL Security Process by April 16, 2020.

Thanks,
Abhijit


Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

Chetan
 

Hi Daniel,

 

Yes. Ovsdb will also be able to complete this task around this time.

 

Currently, I have already made the required changes and review in progress. The distribution  build for the patch is getting failed due to other projects.

 

Ref: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/ovsdb/+/87802

 

Thanks,

Chetan

From: Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...>
Sent: 02 April 2020 10:11
To: Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...>
Cc: Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>; Robert Varga <nite@...>; Faseela K <k.faseela@...>; Chetan Arakere Gowdru <chetan.arakere@...>; release@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

 

Hello Team

 

Thank you for your estimates on Serviceutils, Genius and Netvirt..  @Chetan Arakere Gowdru I'm assuming that it will be similar for OVSDB? 

In any case, in today's integration meeting, we came up with this idea:

 

Aluminum : netvirt and genius are expecting 4 weeks to migrate to the new mdsal API changes
So we may need to remove projects (e.g. netvirt, genius, ovsdb, serviceutils) from the distribution
at the Version Bump Checkpoint.

 

Let's review that on next TSC... Please confirm that you will be able to attend. Also we are going to confirm these Sodium and Magnesium schedule changes

 

 

 

Thanks

 

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 6:19 AM Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

   Please find inline response for "netvirt" project.

 

Thanks & Regards,

Karthikeyan.

 

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:46 PM Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

 

We expect to complete Serviceutils and Genius migration within 3 weeks.

 

Serviceutils is work in progress.

 

For Genius, we are currently working on migrating the JUnit tests.

GENIUS patches

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87673

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/genius/+/87862

 

OVSDB chetan.arakere@...

 

Netvirt karthikeyangceb007@...

 

      As netvirt is dependent on GENIUS reviews we need 1 week of extra time to complete (3 weeks + 1 week = 4 weeks).

    

 

Thanks

Hema

From: Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:44 PM
To: Robert Varga <nite@...>; Faseela K <k.faseela@...>; Hema Gopalkrishnan <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>; Chetan Arakere Gowdru <chetan.arakere@...>; Karthikeyan <karthikeyangceb007@...>
Cc: release@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [release] Controller MD-SAL APIs going away soon

 

Hello all.. 

 

As agreed on TSC, the following PTL need to come up with an assessment on how much more time is needed to create a migration patch for the reasons described below

 

Serviceutils k.faseela@...

 

Please let us know as soon as possible so we can come up with a reschedule proposal for Aluminum, Magnesium and Sodium

 

Thanks

 

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:39 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

Hello,

this is a friendly reminder that the Controller MD-SAL APIs, as
represented by org.opendaylight.controller/sal-{binding,common,dom}-api
are going away REAL SOON NOW, specifically at the Aluminium MRI
Integrated Deadline, scheduled for 2020-04-13.

This is in 3 (three) weeks.

The full set of removed components can be seen here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/controller/+/87936

A quick grep through autorelease finds following projects reference
sal-binding-api, and hence are immediately threatening the MRI window:

serviceutils
genius
ovsdb
netvirt

neutron has a patch outstanding, unless it is merged beforehand (hint,
hint), I will be merging as part of the MRI bump.

If you care about any of the above projects, please make sure to
coordinate with its leadership as to the creation of the migration patch.

Regards,
Robert


 

--

Daniel de la Rosa
Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120


 

--

Daniel de la Rosa
Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120