Date

Re: Action Requested - Magnesium Updates

Casey Cain

 I'm not a JQL expert.  What I was able to find pages like this:
https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-14

For the Magnesium Release Information I used the following query:
project = "tsc" AND type = "Milestone" AND summary ~ "Magnesium*"

I updated the Magnesium page to have this JQL:
project = "tsc" AND type = "Project Plan" AND summary ~ "Magnesium*"

It now has a lot more information on that page but does not include all of the requested information like the benefits of the changes.
Perhaps if we made sure that all of the JIRAs were updated and properly tagged as a release Plan and "Magnesium" in the summary, it would fix the issue.

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:41 AM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
PTLs,

You should have this info in your project release plans for Magnesium - just make sure they are updated and copy over that information in the table linked by Casey:

Abhijit

On Mar 16, 2020, at 9:27 AM, Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone.

We need to update the OpenDaylight messaging to reflect the current state of the project. PTLs, please update the wiki with a brief update on what has changed with your project and what benefit this provides to users (2-4 sentences should suffice).
Please make your updates no later than Wednesday, March 18th, and let us know if you have any questions.
  https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/ODL/Magnesium+Release

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Re: Action Requested - Magnesium Updates

Abhijit Kumbhare

[...]

Re: Moving from sonar.opendaylight.org to Sonarcloud.io

On 14/01/2020 23:09, Anil Belur wrote:
Greetings Robert:
Hey Anil,

sorry for the late reply.

Trying to catch up on where we are with the sonarcloud migrations. I
think another issue has been identified with 0% coverage, that is caused
by an update on the Java analyzer.
Ah, good thing we did not do a straight-up migration then :)

With sonarcloud it's no longer possible to import jacoco.exec reports,
and the workaround suggested is to use XML format. This needs to be
fixed in the pom files.
Okay, so if I am getting this correctly, this is covered in
https://community.sonarsource.com/t/jacoco-coverage-reporting-differently-in-sonarcloud/8256

Example on how this is fixed on an external project:
https://github.com/synyx/urlaubsverwaltung/pull/930/files
Right, and an example is here:
https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-scanning-examples/tree/master/sonarqube-scanner-maven/maven-multimodule,
unfortunately it does cover the way we are doing things (i.e. top-level
merged report *without* enumerating all artifacts as dependencies).

I will need to look into this further.
Okay, I do have a prototype here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/odlparent/+/88440

Can somebody test it, please?

Re: Magnesium RC

2020-03-14T07:04:57,040 | WARN | opendaylight-cluster-data-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-4 | EndpointReader | 47 - com.typesafe.akka.slf4j - 2.5.26 | Discarding inbound message to [Actor[akka://opendaylight-cluster-data/]] in read-only association to [akka.tcp://opendaylight-cluster-data@...:2550]. If this happens often you may consider using akka.remote.use-passive-connections=off or use Artery TCP.
I have no remembrance of why we are using passive connections :(
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/controller/+/88437 switches them off.

We cannot go to Artery TCP, as it has a nasty mem leak before 2.5.29 --
upgrade to that version is staged in the mri-sodium-sr3, though.

Bye,
Robert

Re: [OpenDaylight][TSC][it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL Jenkins maintenance window - 1830-1930 PST, Mar 15, 2020

Anil Belur

The maintenance window was completed on time and the Jenkins jobs are going through, missed sending an update here.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:36 AM Anil Belur via Lists.Opendaylight.Org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
What: LF will perform maintenance on ODL Jenkins releng servers.

When: 1830-1930 PST, Sunday, Mar 15, 2020.

Why: Jenkins master is running out of disk space and requires to be extended.

Impact: All ODL Jenkins (sandbox/releng) may be inaccessible during this time and
Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window.

Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and in #opendaylight on Freenode at the start and end of the maintenance.

Re: Magnesium RC

Robert Varga

On 14/03/2020 20:05, JamO Luhrsen wrote:

tracking sheet for projects to update:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WgBX2c5DjQRfphM0sc3IKt7igW3EMxnUgANTcOlYD_U/edit#gid=1864238939

There is already one issue that I marked as a blocker until I can look more
closely. It's the same problem I reported to Robert on his mdsal multipatch
job, which is totally unrelated to the Magnesium release. I'm worried that
it's a new regression we have.
If it's the OVSDB issue, I have zero clue as to what is going on, except
there is a ton of NPEs:

2020-03-14T07:03:59,899 | WARN | transaction-invoker-impl-0 | OvsdbOperationalCommandAggregator | 301 - org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound-impl - 1.10.0 | Exception trying to execute org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound.transactions.md.OvsdbPortUpdateCommand@e285fe0
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound.transactions.md.OvsdbPortUpdateCommand.getTerminationPointBridge(OvsdbPortUpdateCommand.java:257) ~[?:?]
at org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound.transactions.md.OvsdbPortUpdateCommand.updateTerminationPoints(OvsdbPortUpdateCommand.java:171) ~[?:?]
at org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound.transactions.md.OvsdbPortUpdateCommand.execute(OvsdbPortUpdateCommand.java:126) ~[?:?]
at org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound.transactions.md.OvsdbOperationalCommandAggregator.execute(OvsdbOperationalCommandAggregator.java:72) ~[?:?]
at org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound.transactions.md.TransactionInvokerImpl.executeCommand(TransactionInvokerImpl.java:129) ~[?:?]
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1540) [?:?]
at org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound.transactions.md.TransactionInvokerImpl.run(TransactionInvokerImpl.java:119) [301:org.opendaylight.ovsdb.southbound-impl:1.10.0]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
and it seems that verification is getting 401s -- probably because of these:

[...]

Re: Mentorship proposal

Abhijit Kumbhare

So this passes.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 2:09 AM Hema Gopalakrishnan via Lists.Opendaylight.Org <hema.gopalkrishnan=ericsson.com@...> wrote: