Note: lists.opendaylight.org will be down for maintenance on Monday, September 26th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Monday September 26, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
- 2022 Mentorship Program - Call for Mentors
2022 Mentorship Program - Call for Mentors
Today, we’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2022 LF Networking Mentorship Program. The Program is intended to provide a formal structure to connect mentors and student developers from around the globe to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building sustainable LFN communities. Why should you consider mentoring for LF Networking Mentorship Program?
- You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive members of the community.
- You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors,
- You are eager to bring new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
- You have a narrowly scoped mentorship project with clear learning objectives/outcomes and a mentee's work and potential contributions could add value to the project or community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.
I am interested in mentoring but how do I get started?
What are the elements the LFN Mentorship Program will implement to maximize mentor/mentee collaboration success?
- Mentor and mentee onboarding will be conducted at the start of the Program
- Project planning that includes deliverables, milestones, and tasks will be completed collaboratively between the mentors and mentees during the first two weeks of the program and posted on the wiki to increase transparency and accountability.
- Mentee presentations will be required to sharpen both presentation skills and to cultivate the ability to provide constructive feedback and critique that’s the norm in the open source community for developing technologies collaboratively and openly.
- Mentee evaluation will be conducted on a regular cadence tied to milestone deliverable schedules to help mentors and LFN staff formalize and respond to progress.
While mentors will be on a voluntary basis, the hired mentees will be eligible to receive a stipend. As an added bonus, each mentee who successfully completes the Program will be invited and financially sponsored by LF Networking to attend an event/conference and present their work to the broader community (specific event TBD but will be during Q3 or Q4 of this year or Q1 of the following year).
We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the LF Networking communities.
Senior Technical Community Architect