[OpenDaylight Board] TSC status for the week of 09.23.2013
Inder Gopal <igopal@...>
Thanks for the update, David. Excellent progress.
The TSC met on 09.26.2013 with a very full agenda which included
creation reviews for two projects (VieUX and Integration, both of
which were approved to go into incubation state), NfV liasion(s), a
review of the state of system integration and testing, discussion of
release vehicles for the first simultaneous release, procedural issues
relating to Section 4 of the TSC charter, and a discussion system
With respect to NfV iasion(s), Ed Warnike has volunteered from the ODP
side. NfV also had their own lasion candidate so our solution was to
appoint them both.
We also had a review of the state of System Integration and Testing.
The TSC was very pleased at the rate of development and the quality of
work we are seeing in Integration and Testing. Luis Gomez
(luis.gomez@...) has done an outstanding job of bringing
together a great team and is making substantial progress. One item
that surfaced during the discussion is the need for polished Release
Documentation and how we will accomplish that (no plan in place as of
In addition, we are settling on a Base Edition, a Virtualization
Edition, and a SP Edition as the release vehicles for the first
Simultaneous Release. The exact components of each vehicle are still
Perhaps the thorniest issue we dealt with is the provision for the
election of community TSC members as outlined in Section 4 of the TSC
charter. In particular, the charter states that "In order to ensure a
true community is in place prior to election, these TSC community
seats will be elected six months after the organization forms. These
elected community seats must be filled with individuals from separate,
unaffiliated companies.". The six month date would fall on October
However, the TSC was divided as to whether we should amend our charter
so as to allow us to postpone the election until after the
Simultaneous Release (on the theory that the Release is the most
important thing now and we should focus our energy there). That is,
the upside of postponing the elections is that we won't be distracted
from the first Release; the obvious down side is the perception that
we aren't getting enough community involvement and as such postponing
the election may create negative optics. In addition, we are left with
little time to run an election in any event.
Finally, we discussed whether we need more formalized mechanisms for
handling security defects. In addition, we discussed the need (or lack
thereof) for automated code scans (such as can be done with Coverity).
Again, the key point the TSC can use Board guidance on is the issue of
Please let me know if you have questions or comments.
Board mailing list
David Meyer <dmm@...>
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Inder Gopal <igopal@...> wrote:
Thank you, and thanks to the ODP community for making it happen.
|1 - 2 of 2|