MRI integration happening right now

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

as per today's TSC decision[1], we are moving ahead with the MRI
integration window effective immediately in an effort to get our
Aluminium release execution back on schedule.

What this means is that migration patches[2] are being merged as soon as
each of them is ready (i.e. passes that project's verify job) and each
project will catch up when it does.

I have asked for my supercommitter rights[3] to be activated to
facilitate the execution of these, especially since we have still an
MD-SAL migration patch outstanding[4] with no movement from the
committer and we need to get this done.

We realize this is not a convenient thing to do, we are losing immediate
coverage and also putting more pressure on projects -- but we need to do
this to get back on track.

Please use this thread to communicate whatever is relevant to this
activity so we have a single place to look at.

[1] https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/ODL/2020-04-30+TSC+Minutes
[2] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:aluminium-mri
[3] https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-19610
[4] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/neutron/+/80860

Hello everyone,

as per today's TSC decision[1], we are moving ahead with the MRI
integration window effective immediately in an effort to get our
Aluminium release execution back on schedule.

What this means is that migration patches[2] are being merged as soon as
each of them is ready (i.e. passes that project's verify job) and each
project will catch up when it does.

I have asked for my supercommitter rights[3] to be activated to
facilitate the execution of these, especially since we have still an
MD-SAL migration patch outstanding[4] with no movement from the
committer and we need to get this done.
It seems the ticket did not end up granting the correct rights, I have
raised
https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-19623
to have a proper ticket type definition for future.

Please use this thread to communicate whatever is relevant to this
activity so we have a single place to look at.
Done projects:
infrautils, aaa, netconf, integration/distribution

Waiting for merge:
docs, serviceutils, ovsdb, neutron, jsonrpc

Work-in-progress:
bgpcep

Started/Need resources:
openflowplugin

Not started:
lispflowmapping, genius, netvirt

d.arunprakash@...

Robert,
Somashekhar will help from openflowplugin side and will ask him to get in touch with you.

Regards,
Arun

[...]

This has now been resolved.

Please use this thread to communicate whatever is relevant to this
activity so we have a single place to look at.
The migration guide is now available here:

https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-notes/upgrade-process.html

Done projects:
aaa
docs
infrautils
integration/distribution
jsonrpc
netconf
neutron
ovsdb
serviceutils

Waiting for merge:
daexim

Work-in-progress:
bgpcep

Needs finishing:
openflowplugin
lispflowmapping

Not started:
genius
netvirt

Done projects:
aaa
bgpcep
daexim
docs
infrautils
integration/distribution
jsonrpc
netconf
neutron
ovsdb
serviceutils

Work-in-progress:
genius
openflowplugin
lispflowmapping
netvirt

Hello Robert and all

From what i can see....

netvirt, genius, ofp and lisp are still work in progress ...

Any updates on ETA?

Thanks

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 7:44 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
>> Done projects:

aaa
bgpcep
daexim
docs
infrautils
integration/distribution
jsonrpc
netconf
neutron
ovsdb
serviceutils

>> Work-in-progress:

genius
openflowplugin
lispflowmapping
netvirt

Customer Support Manager
Lumina Networks Inc.
e: ddelarosa@...
m:  +1 408 7728120

Hello everyone,

as per today's TSC decision[1], we are moving ahead with the MRI
integration window effective immediately in an effort to get our
Aluminium release execution back on schedule.
Okay, we now have a successful autorelease build here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/107/,
which means we are are back to normal.

We are still at least two weeks behind the schedule, as we should have
passed CSIT checkpoint on 5/11 and we do not have an evaluation yet.

Daniel, what is the plan of record for next steps?

JamO Luhrsen

On 5/31/20 11:23 PM, Robert Varga wrote:
Hello everyone,

as per today's TSC decision[1], we are moving ahead with the MRI
integration window effective immediately in an effort to get our
Aluminium release execution back on schedule.
Okay, we now have a successful autorelease build here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/107/,
which means we are are back to normal.

We are still at least two weeks behind the schedule, as we should have
passed CSIT checkpoint on 5/11 and we do not have an evaluation yet.

Daniel, what is the plan of record for next steps?
I will sit down and dig through CSIT in the next day or two. I think
that is our next most pressing task and will give us a good idea of
our health.

JamO

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 9:43 AM Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

On 5/31/20 11:23 PM, Robert Varga wrote:
Hello everyone,

as per today's TSC decision[1], we are moving ahead with the MRI
integration window effective immediately in an effort to get our
Aluminium release execution back on schedule.
Okay, we now have a successful autorelease build here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-aluminium-mvn35-openjdk11/107/,
which means we are are back to normal.

We are still at least two weeks behind the schedule, as we should have
passed CSIT checkpoint on 5/11 and we do not have an evaluation yet.

Daniel, what is the plan of record for next steps?
I will sit down and dig through CSIT in the next day or two. I think
that is our next most pressing task and will give us a good idea of
our health.

JamO

Thanks @Jamo Luhrsen So @Robert Varga once we know the current CSIT status, we can then decide on the next steps.. For now, we are hoping we can catch up and release Aluminium on schedule

Customer Support Manager