Silicon code freeze...


Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello TSC members and all

According to our release scheduleĀ 


Silicon code freeze is scheduled to happen on Feb 4th... but as you can see from the checklist


I think we can wait a week since have plenty of time to release Silicon by March 17th but please let me know if you have any objections


Thanks


Robert Varga
 

On 28/01/2021 19:28, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello TSC members and all

According to our release scheduleĀ 

https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html
<https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html>

Silicon code freeze is scheduled to happen on Feb 4th... but as you can
see from the checklist

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+Formal+Release+Checklist
<https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+Formal+Release+Checklist>

I think we can wait a week since have plenty of time to release Silicon
by March 17th but please let me know if you have any objections
+1 we still have a lot of global activities to execute:

- odlparent-8.1 (ongoing)
- aaa removal (becomes MRI, the vote is just in)
- akka-2.6 integration (pending CSIT testing)
- genius removal (becomes MSI, we want to keep it in good shape)
- (maybe) netconf removal (becomes MRI, still need a vote)

Regards,
Robert


Robert Varga
 

Hey everyone,

On 30/01/2021 08:47, Robert Varga wrote:
On 28/01/2021 19:28, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello TSC members and all
[snip]

I think we can wait a week since have plenty of time to release Silicon
by March 17th but please let me know if you have any objections
+1 we still have a lot of global activities to execute:

- odlparent-8.1 (ongoing)
This is done.

- aaa removal (becomes MRI, the vote is just in)
While I have the superpowers, I'll take care of this now...

- genius removal (becomes MSI, we want to keep it in good shape)
... and then this.

- akka-2.6 integration (pending CSIT testing)
- (maybe) netconf removal (becomes MRI, still need a vote)
We'll see how these two go next week.

Regards,
Robert


Robert Varga
 

On 30/01/2021 20:06, Robert Varga wrote:
Hey everyone,

On 30/01/2021 08:47, Robert Varga wrote:
On 28/01/2021 19:28, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello TSC members and all
[snip]

I think we can wait a week since have plenty of time to release Silicon
by March 17th but please let me know if you have any objections
+1 we still have a lot of global activities to execute:

- odlparent-8.1 (ongoing)
This is done.

- aaa removal (becomes MRI, the vote is just in)
This is now done...

- genius removal (becomes MSI, we want to keep it in good shape)
... and this item is up next.

- akka-2.6 integration (pending CSIT testing)
This item is getting ready and should land this week.

- (maybe) netconf removal (becomes MRI, still need a vote)
The vote is out, I expect it to conclude this week.

Regards,
Robert


Daniel de la Rosa
 

Great, thanks.... I have adjusted Silicon Checklist accordingly


Thanks

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 7:02 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/01/2021 20:06, Robert Varga wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> On 30/01/2021 08:47, Robert Varga wrote:
>> On 28/01/2021 19:28, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
>>> Hello TSC members and all
>
> [snip]
>
>>> I think we can wait a week since have plenty of time to release Silicon
>>> by March 17th but please let me know if you have any objections
>>
>> +1 we still have a lot of global activities to execute:
>>
>> - odlparent-8.1 (ongoing)
>
> This is done.
>
>> - aaa removal (becomes MRI, the vote is just in)

This is now done...

>> - genius removal (becomes MSI, we want to keep it in good shape)
>

... and this item is up next.

>> - akka-2.6 integration (pending CSIT testing)

This item is getting ready and should land this week.

>> - (maybe) netconf removal (becomes MRI, still need a vote)

The vote is out, I expect it to conclude this week.

Regards,
Robert