[OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] Next vHackfest

Vina Ermagan (vermagan) <vermagan@...>

+1 to have this as a vHackfest topic.

Best,
Vina

On 10/10/13 3:56 PM, "David Meyer" <dmm@...> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Colin Dixon <ckd@...> wrote:
For the vHackfest, I'd like to propose a topic around how we can test
and
migrate to the MD-SAL without breaking the current code.

The naive approach of a single mega-update that introduces the MD-SAL,
any
relevant adaptor bundles, and any other changes that need to be made to
the
bundles above/below the SAL seems untenable. Based on some of the
commits
I've been seeing, I'm not sure that the plan is to go the route of full
backward compatibility via adaptor bundles either.

I think a lot of us would be interested in discussing and better
understanding how we're going to move forward here given the
far-reaching
ramifications of this shift.
Excellent topic. I'll put it on the TSC agenda for next week. We
should take it up on the TWS call as well.

--dmm

--Colin

From: "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>
Date: 10/03/2013 01:01 PM
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] Next vHackfest
Sent by: discuss-bounces@...

Looping in all the dev lists to the conversation.

Ed
On Oct 3, 2013, at 12:13 PM, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>
wrote:

Guys,
What would you find useful for the next vHackfest in terms of
themes
and
dates/times? Keep in mind API freeze is Oct 14.

Possibilities that occur to me would be:

1) Modeling and MD-SAL integration
2) Cross project collaboration
3) Plugging into the OpenStack Neutron Service

What do you guys think? If we wanted to do this before Oct 14,
next Thursday might be a
good day.

Also, what worked and didn't work last time, how could we do it
better this time?

Ed

Anil Vishnoi

+1 Madhu/Colin