[release] Silicon code freeze


Robert Varga
 

On 15/02/2021 17:00, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello TSC and all
Hey everyone,

We are going to code freeze Silicon for all Managed Projects ( cut and
lock release branches ) on Monday February 22nd 

Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch
after code freezes
As far as I know we are mostly good for code freeze, except two things
in MRI projects:

- we want to deliver odlparent-8.1.1 with static distribution support
- we want to deliver controller-3.0.7 with switch to artery/tcp in
default configuratioj

The former is ready to go, the latter is being prepared.

If nobody objects, I would deliver those as a separate MRI bump just
after the branch cut (or before Monday, whichever is first).

Thanks,
Robert


Daniel de la Rosa
 

Sounds good. Please let us know to proceed with Silicon release

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 1:33 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 15/02/2021 17:00, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello TSC and all

Hey everyone,

> We are going to code freeze Silicon for all Managed Projects ( cut and
> lock release branches ) on Monday February 22nd 
>
> Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch
> after code freezes

As far as I know we are mostly good for code freeze, except two things
in MRI projects:

- we want to deliver odlparent-8.1.1 with static distribution support
- we want to deliver controller-3.0.7 with switch to artery/tcp in
default configuratioj

The former is ready to go, the latter is being prepared.

If nobody objects, I would deliver those as a separate MRI bump just
after the branch cut (or before Monday, whichever is first).

Thanks,
Robert


Daniel de la Rosa
 

Hello Robert. I just want to confirm that we are ok with picking a silicon RC. Please let us know as soon as possible

Thanks 

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:49 PM Daniel de la Rosa via lists.opendaylight.org <ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Sounds good. Please let us know to proceed with Silicon release

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 1:33 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 15/02/2021 17:00, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello TSC and all

Hey everyone,

> We are going to code freeze Silicon for all Managed Projects ( cut and
> lock release branches ) on Monday February 22nd 
>
> Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch
> after code freezes

As far as I know we are mostly good for code freeze, except two things
in MRI projects:

- we want to deliver odlparent-8.1.1 with static distribution support
- we want to deliver controller-3.0.7 with switch to artery/tcp in
default configuratioj

The former is ready to go, the latter is being prepared.

If nobody objects, I would deliver those as a separate MRI bump just
after the branch cut (or before Monday, whichever is first).

Thanks,
Robert





Robert Varga
 

Hey Daniel,

sorry for the delay, the NETCONF bits were more challenging than
expected and there were also some delays releasing it.

Nevertheless it is hitting Maven Central now so I expect to have things
integrated today (CET).

Regards,
Robert

On 12/03/2021 01:05, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello Robert. I just want to confirm that we are ok with picking a
silicon RC. Please let us know as soon as possible

Thanks 

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:49 PM Daniel de la Rosa via
lists.opendaylight.org <http://lists.opendaylight.org>
<ddelarosa0707=gmail.com@...
<mailto:gmail.com@...>> wrote:

Sounds good. Please let us know to proceed with Silicon release

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 1:33 PM Robert Varga <nite@...
<mailto:nite@...>> wrote:

On 15/02/2021 17:00, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello TSC and all

Hey everyone,

> We are going to code freeze Silicon for all Managed Projects (
cut and
> lock release branches ) on Monday February 22nd 
>
> Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in
release branch
> after code freezes

As far as I know we are mostly good for code freeze, except two
things
in MRI projects:

- we want to deliver odlparent-8.1.1 with static distribution
support
- we want to deliver controller-3.0.7 with switch to artery/tcp in
default configuratioj

The former is ready to go, the latter is being prepared.

If nobody objects, I would deliver those as a separate MRI bump just
after the branch cut (or before Monday, whichever is first).

Thanks,
Robert




Robert Varga
 

On 12/03/2021 06:28, Robert Varga wrote:
Hey Daniel,

sorry for the delay, the NETCONF bits were more challenging than
expected and there were also some delays releasing it.

Nevertheless it is hitting Maven Central now so I expect to have things
integrated today (CET).
The patches are staged here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:mri-silicon-ga

Request for supercommitter rights is here:
https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-21703

As soon as the rights are granted I'll merge the patches.

Regards,
Robert


Anil Belur
 

Greetings Robert: 

The stable/silicon branch is locked. Please confirm if you are unable to merge the changes. 

Cheers,
Anil

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 6:11 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 12/03/2021 06:28, Robert Varga wrote:
> Hey Daniel,
>
> sorry for the delay, the NETCONF bits were more challenging than
> expected and there were also some delays releasing it.
>
> Nevertheless it is hitting Maven Central now so I expect to have things
> integrated today (CET).

The patches are staged here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:mri-silicon-ga

Request for supercommitter rights is here:
https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-21703

As soon as the rights are granted I'll merge the patches.

Regards,
Robert





Robert Varga
 

On 15/03/2021 08:40, Anil Belur wrote:
Greetings Robert:
Hello Anil,

The stable/silicon branch is locked. Please confirm if you are unable to
merge the changes.
I did not realize I can, the patches are landing as I am writing this.

Thanks,
Robert



Cheers,
Anil

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 6:11 PM Robert Varga <nite@...
<mailto:nite@...>> wrote:

On 12/03/2021 06:28, Robert Varga wrote:
> Hey Daniel,
>
> sorry for the delay, the NETCONF bits were more challenging than
> expected and there were also some delays releasing it.
>
> Nevertheless it is hitting Maven Central now so I expect to have
things
> integrated today (CET).

The patches are staged here:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:mri-silicon-ga
<https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/topic:mri-silicon-ga>

Request for supercommitter rights is here:
https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-21703
<https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-21703>

As soon as the rights are granted I'll merge the patches.

Regards,
Robert




Robert Varga
 

On 15/03/2021 09:35, Robert Varga wrote:
On 15/03/2021 08:40, Anil Belur wrote:
Greetings Robert:
Hello Anil,

The stable/silicon branch is locked. Please confirm if you are unable to
merge the changes.
I did not realize I can, the patches are landing as I am writing this.
All the patches have landed, next AR should be good to go.

Thanks,
Robert


Daniel de la Rosa
 

Thank you Robert and all

@Anil Belur  Can you create a Silicon CSIT checklist so we can pick a RC? 

I think that we can pick AR#228




On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 5:50 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 15/03/2021 09:35, Robert Varga wrote:
> On 15/03/2021 08:40, Anil Belur wrote:
>> Greetings Robert:
>
> Hello Anil,
>
>> The stable/silicon branch is locked. Please confirm if you are unable to
>> merge the changes.
>
> I did not realize I can, the patches are landing as I am writing this.

All the patches have landed, next AR should be good to go.




 

Thanks,
Robert