From: Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Date: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 5:31 PM
Subject: 2020 LFN Governing Board Committer Representative Self-Nomination Period Open

 Hello, everyone.

This is to inform you that the self-nomination period for the LFN Governing Board Committer Representative (LGBMCR) has started.  If you have received this email, you have been identified as an eligible candidate.
Role:
  • The role of the LFN Governing Board Member Committers Representative (LGBMCR) is to represent the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing board.  The expectation of the LGBMCR is to attend all LFN Governing board meetings (and any appropriate ancillary meetings), gather input from the committer community for issues raised at the board level, and to communicate to the committer community key activities from board.
  • LGBMCR is elected for the 1 year. Re-election is not possible.

If you are interested in becoming the technical representative to the Governing Body, please self-nominate at the link below by March 4th, 2020.

Voting will begin on March 5th, 2020 and close by March 19th, 2020 at 5pm Pacific Time.

If you would like more information on the LGBMCR, please see https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/AgIiAQ or reach out to your community Technical Program Manager / Community Architect.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program

Casey Cain

Today, we’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program. This is the first year we're bringing all community intern/mentor projects under the LF Networking umbrella to launch with an integrated program schedule and program operations/management. The Program is intended to provide a formal structure to connect mentors and student developers from around the globe to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building sustainable LFN communities.

 Why should you consider mentoring for LF Networking Mentorship Program?
  • You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive member of the community.
  • You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors,
  • You are eager to bring in new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
  • You have a narrowly scoped mentorship project with clear learning objectives/outcomes and a mentee's work and potential contributions could add value to the project or community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.
 I am interested in mentoring but how do I get started?
What are the elements the LFN Mentorship Program will implement to maximize mentor/mentee collaboration success?
  • Mentor and mentee onboarding will be conducted at the start of the Program
  • Mentor and mentee guide will be available as part of the Linux Foundation CommunityBridge Mentorship initiative
  • Project planning that includes deliverables, milestones, and tasks will be completed collaboratively between the mentors and mentees during the first two weeks of the program and posted on the wiki to increase transparency and accountability.
  • Mentee presentations will be required to sharpen both presentation skills and to cultivate the ability to provide constructive feedback and critique that’s the norm in the open source community for developing technologies collaboratively and openly.
  • Mentee evaluation will be conducted on a regular cadence tied to milestone deliverable schedules to help mentors and LFN staff formalize and respond to progress.
While mentors will be on a voluntary basis, the hired mentees will be eligible to receive a stipend. As an added bonus, each mentee who successfully completes the Program will be invited and financially sponsored by LF Networking to attend an event/conference and present their work to the broader community (specific event TBD but will be during Q3 or Q4 of this year or Q1 of the following year).

If you have any questions, please contact mentorship@...

We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the LF Networking communities.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Wiki Migration

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The wiki.opendaylight.org will be migrating from Mediawiki to Confluence, which is currently scheduled for Feb 14, 22:00 - 22:30 UTC (14:00 PT).  Expected downtime is approximately 5 minutes.  Staff will be on standby to help resolve any potential issues.  There is also a rollback plan if critical issues arise.
The Mediawiki content will remain available at https://wiki-archive.opendaylight.org

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Re: [opendaylight-dev] OpenDaylight TSC Election Results

Abhijit Kumbhare

A correction inside my email - I had missed Thanh by mistake (his name was alphabetically the last one and I missed scrolling down to his name/description on the TSC page). Apologies Thanh.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:55 AM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome to the new TSC Members :

Hema Gopalakrishnan
Arunprakash D
Balaji Varadaraju
Tejas Nevrekar
Venkatrangan Govindarajan

Also I would like to thank all the TSC Members who have served during the last TSC term.

An Ho
Anil Belur
Anil Vishnoi
Faseela K
Jamo Luhrsen
Luis Gomez
Michael Vorburger
Prem Sankar Gopannan
Robert Varga
Sam Hague
Stephen Kitt
Thanh Ha

We will miss the members who will not continue during the new term. For the members who will continue, thank you for your continued contributions as OpenDaylight TSC Members.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:11 AM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Hello, Everyone.

I would like to announce that the OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee Election has concluded.  Please congratulate the new TSC.

Hema Gopalakrishnan
Robert Varga
Arunprakash D
Anil Belur
Balaji Varadaraju
Luis Gomez
Jamo Luhrsen
Tejas Nevrekar
Venkatrangan Govindarajan
Faseela K
Abhijit Kumbhare

Congratulations!  Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election. The nomination period for the TSC Chair will begin immediately.  TSC members who are interested in nominating themselves for Chairperson may do so on this page:

Best,
Casey Cain
[...]

Re: Technical Steering Committee Election Nomination period has begun

Abhijit Kumbhare

To get the ball rolling, I have gone ahead and posted my picture (for the website), bio and statement of intent here:
https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/UYBrAQ. I encourage others to do so as well.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 5:44 PM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

The self-nomination period for the TSC Election has begun.  Details on eligibility and the process can be found here:

The nomination period will end on October 31st at 5 pm PT.  I encourage all eligible candidates to participate.  To nominate yourself please post your picture (for the website), bio and statement of intent here:

Good luck to all the candidates!

Best,
Casey Cain
[...]

I am working on cleaning up our mailing lists.
Now that we have migrated to Groups.io, I will be removing/archiving lists that are no longer used because they have a new counterpart in the LFN (Board, silvermembers, etc) or are testing or some other unnecessary list.  Please disregard any notifications that these lists have been removed.

If you believe a list should be archived or removed, please let me know.  If you believe that you should be a moderator for a specific list, also please let me know individually.
Do not attempt to respond to this email.  This is a new announcement only mailing list.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager
Linux Foundation