Date

ODL Mailing lists

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

I am working on cleaning up our mailing lists.
Now that we have migrated to Groups.io, I will be removing/archiving lists that are no longer used because they have a new counterpart in the LFN (Board, silvermembers, etc) or are testing or some other unnecessary list.  Please disregard any notifications that these lists have been removed.

If you believe a list should be archived or removed, please let me know.  If you believe that you should be a moderator for a specific list, also please let me know individually.
Do not attempt to respond to this email.  This is a new announcement only mailing list.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Technical Steering Committee Election Nomination period has begun

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The self-nomination period for the TSC Election has begun.  Details on eligibility and the process can be found here:

The nomination period will end on October 31st at 5 pm PT.  I encourage all eligible candidates to participate.  To nominate yourself please post your picture (for the website), bio and statement of intent here:

Good luck to all the candidates!

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Re: Technical Steering Committee Election Nomination period has begun

Abhijit Kumbhare

To get the ball rolling, I have gone ahead and posted my picture (for the website), bio and statement of intent here:
https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/UYBrAQ. I encourage others to do so as well.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 5:44 PM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

The self-nomination period for the TSC Election has begun.  Details on eligibility and the process can be found here:

The nomination period will end on October 31st at 5 pm PT.  I encourage all eligible candidates to participate.  To nominate yourself please post your picture (for the website), bio and statement of intent here:

Good luck to all the candidates!

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

OpenDaylight TSC Election Results

Casey Cain

Hello, Everyone.

I would like to announce that the OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee Election has concluded.  Please congratulate the new TSC.

Hema Gopalakrishnan
Robert Varga
Arunprakash D
Anil Belur
Balaji Varadaraju
Luis Gomez
Jamo Luhrsen
Tejas Nevrekar
Venkatrangan Govindarajan
Faseela K
Abhijit Kumbhare

Congratulations!  Thank you to everyone who participated in the Election. The nomination period for the TSC Chair will begin immediately.  TSC members who are interested in nominating themselves for Chairperson may do so on this page:

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Re: [opendaylight-dev] OpenDaylight TSC Election Results

Abhijit Kumbhare

Congratulations and welcome to the new TSC Members :

Hema Gopalakrishnan
Arunprakash D
Balaji Varadaraju
Tejas Nevrekar
Venkatrangan Govindarajan

Also I would like to thank all the TSC Members who have served during the last TSC term.

An Ho
Anil Belur
Anil Vishnoi
Faseela K
Jamo Luhrsen
Luis Gomez
Michael Vorburger
Prem Sankar Gopannan
Robert Varga
Sam Hague
Stephen Kitt

We will miss the members who will not continue during the new term. For the members who will continue, thank you for your continued contributions as OpenDaylight TSC Members.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:11 AM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
[...]

A correction inside my email - I had missed Thanh by mistake (his name was alphabetically the last one and I missed scrolling down to his name/description on the TSC page). Apologies Thanh.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:55 AM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Congratulations and welcome to the new TSC Members :

Hema Gopalakrishnan
Arunprakash D
Balaji Varadaraju
Tejas Nevrekar
Venkatrangan Govindarajan

Also I would like to thank all the TSC Members who have served during the last TSC term.

An Ho
Anil Belur
Anil Vishnoi
Faseela K
Jamo Luhrsen
Luis Gomez
Michael Vorburger
Prem Sankar Gopannan
Robert Varga
Sam Hague
Stephen Kitt
Thanh Ha

[...]

Wiki Migration

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The wiki.opendaylight.org will be migrating from Mediawiki to Confluence, which is currently scheduled for Feb 14, 22:00 - 22:30 UTC (14:00 PT).  Expected downtime is approximately 5 minutes.  Staff will be on standby to help resolve any potential issues.  There is also a rollback plan if critical issues arise.
The Mediawiki content will remain available at https://wiki-archive.opendaylight.org

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program

Casey Cain

Today, we’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program. This is the first year we're bringing all community intern/mentor projects under the LF Networking umbrella to launch with an integrated program schedule and program operations/management. The Program is intended to provide a formal structure to connect mentors and student developers from around the globe to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building sustainable LFN communities.

 Why should you consider mentoring for LF Networking Mentorship Program?
  • You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive member of the community.
  • You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors,
  • You are eager to bring in new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
  • You have a narrowly scoped mentorship project with clear learning objectives/outcomes and a mentee's work and potential contributions could add value to the project or community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.
 I am interested in mentoring but how do I get started?
What are the elements the LFN Mentorship Program will implement to maximize mentor/mentee collaboration success?
  • Mentor and mentee onboarding will be conducted at the start of the Program
  • Mentor and mentee guide will be available as part of the Linux Foundation CommunityBridge Mentorship initiative
  • Project planning that includes deliverables, milestones, and tasks will be completed collaboratively between the mentors and mentees during the first two weeks of the program and posted on the wiki to increase transparency and accountability.
  • Mentee presentations will be required to sharpen both presentation skills and to cultivate the ability to provide constructive feedback and critique that’s the norm in the open source community for developing technologies collaboratively and openly.
  • Mentee evaluation will be conducted on a regular cadence tied to milestone deliverable schedules to help mentors and LFN staff formalize and respond to progress.
While mentors will be on a voluntary basis, the hired mentees will be eligible to receive a stipend. As an added bonus, each mentee who successfully completes the Program will be invited and financially sponsored by LF Networking to attend an event/conference and present their work to the broader community (specific event TBD but will be during Q3 or Q4 of this year or Q1 of the following year).

If you have any questions, please contact mentorship@...

We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the LF Networking communities.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

2020 LFN Governing Board Committer Representative Self-Nomination Period Open

Abhijit Kumbhare

Fyi.

From: "The Linux Foundation" <no-reply@...>
Subject: Q1 Networking Newsletter
Date: April 1, 2020 at 6:00:48 AM PDT

Q1 Networking News
LFN Welcomes 10 New Members

LF Networking recently welcomed new silver members A10 Networks, AMD, Codilime, Mirantis, Robin.io, Solutions by STC, ULAK, and Xilinx, and Associate members University of California San Diego, and University of Surrey.

“We’re expanding our member ecosystem in tandem with growth across initiatives that harmonize open source and open standards, enable automated testing and deployment, and further Cloud Native Network Functions as open source becomes more mainstream.” --Arpit Joshipura, General Manager, Networking, Edge & IoT, the Linux Foundation
Learn More
All LF Training Now On Sale

From now through April 7, all Linux Foundation training courses and certification exams are 30% off using code ANYWHERE30. This includes our entire catalog of open networking training courses, covering everything from DevOps for Network Engineers to courses on ONAP, OPNFV and more. ONAP certification exams will be launching in the coming months, so this is a great chance to get prepared. The LF also offers dozens of completely free training courses.
View Networking Courses
Magnesium Is Here

OpenDaylight Magnesium, the 12th release, includes two new projects, new features that help with service provider use cases, deeper cross-project collaboration with ONAP, and improvements in S3P (stability, security, scalability, performance). The new projects DetNet and Plastic deal with deterministic networking for performance sensitive traffic and model-to-model translations respectively. Magnesium also includes a JDK 11 packed with security enhancements.
Learn More & Download
LFN Mentorship Program Launches

The LF Networking Mentorship program is an invaluable on-ramp for college and graduate students looking to gain real world experience and skills in open source networking development, work closely with technical experts to grow their professional network, and enhance their resumes with tangible project contributions. Project opportunities include building a portal for ONAP Automation Testing; Hardware Delivery Verification Tool; ONAP Security Requirements; Conformance Testing for ETSI NFV APIs; and more.

Read the Blog
LFN Developer & Testing Forum Report Ready

The latest LFN Developer & Testing Forum took place in Prague, Czech Republic, from January 13-16, 2020, attracting 210 individuals from 60 organizations including 15 end user organizations. The event was a deep technical dive on LFN initiatives including ONAP, OPNFV, the Common NFVI Telco Taskforce (CNTT), and the OPNFV Verified Program (OVP).

Download Report
FD.io 20.01 Release Improves Multicore IPSec

The rise in worker mobility and increasingly complex multi-cloud architectures is escalating organizations’ reliance on encryption, putting computational strain on VPN products that buckle under the load. Learn how FD.io’s VPP Release 20.01 brings transparent, secure networking, and greater speed to IPSec.

Learn More
EasyCLA Automates Repo Access

CLA, or Contributor Licensing Agreement, is standard practice for establishing licensing and distribution rights in open source projects. EasyCLA, part of the Linux Foundation’s Community Bridge, is a tool for managing contributor agreements and software repository access simply and efficiently. Learn how this was rolled out for OPNFV community.

Learn More
ONAP 5G Standards Whitepaper

As an operator-led open source community for a next generation network automation platform, ONAP has been committed to the convergence of standards and open source since inception, and has promoted cross-organizational industry cooperation by publishing a series of whitepapers. Based on the latest version of ONAP Frankfurt, this latest article in the series focuses on solving the core technical issues of the commercial vision of 5G slicing.

Download Whitepaper
Member Spotlight: PANTHEON.Tech

PANTHEON.tech is a software prototyping company based in Slovakia specializing in R&D of network technologies with a focus on open source software implementation and development. Learn more in this quick Q&A blog post with COO Štefan Kobza.

Learn More
5G Cloud Native Network Solution Brief

This initiative brought together a diverse group of participating projects and companies to showcase a keynote demo at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019 of a 5G network prototype built on open source infrastructure including Kubernetes. Learn how this PoC came together and join us as we continue to push the frontiers of 5G cloud native into CNF onboarding, deployment, and more.
Download Brief
COVID-19 Impacts

The Linux Foundation is taking the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously and is following the recommendations of the WHO, CDC, and other expert groups. ONES North America has been postponed until the fall and new dates will be announced soon. In the meantime, the LFN Technical Meetings scheduled for the spring will be going virtual, and a new LFN Webinar series will be launched in Q2. Stay tuned for updates. Take care and be safe.
Got Questions? Email lfn-info@....
This email was sent by: The Linux Foundation
1 Letterman Dr., Building D San Francisco, CA, 94129, United States

Update Profile

Changes to LFN Zoom Community Meetings

Casey Cain

Hello, LFN Community.

As large numbers of people turn to video-teleconferencing (VTC) platforms to stay connected in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, reports of VTC hijacking (also called “Zoom-bombing”) are emerging globally. This is when uninvited callers suddenly join and disrupt meetings. To help protect our community from abuse, LF Networking will be making some changes to all Zoom bridge conference meetings.

Please send any questions you may have to ccain@....

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The Phase 2 migration has started.  Maintanence is expected to last until 17:00 Pacific Time.  The following lists will be forwarded to app-dev@....
  • aalldp-dev
  • affinity-dev
  • alt-datastores-dev
  • alto-dev
  • armoury-dev
  • atrium-dev
  • bgpcep-announce
  • bgpcep-dev
  • bgpcep-users
  • bier-dev
  • capwap-dev
  • cardinal-dev
  • centinel-dev
  • circuitsw-dev
  • coe-dev
  • coretutorials-dev
  • daexim-dev
  • defense4all-dev
  • defense4all-users
  • detnet
  • didm-dev
  • discovery-dev
  • dluxapps
  • dlux-dev
  • dlux-users
  • eman-dev
  • epc-dev
  • faas-dev
  • federation-dev
  • fpc-dev
  • genius-dev
  • gnt-dev
  • groupbasedpolicy-dev
  • iotdm-dev
  • jsonrpc-dev
  • kafkaproducer-dev
  • l2switch-dev
  • lacp-dev
  • lispflowmapping-dev
  • lispflowmapping-users
  • messaging4transport-dev
  • natapp-dev
  • nemo-dev
  • netconf-dev
  • netide-dev
  • netvirt-dev
  • net-virt-platform
  • net-virt-platform-dev
  • net-virt-platform-users
  • neutron-dev
  • next-dev
  • nic-dev
  • ocpplugin-dev
  • odlforge-dev
  • opendaylight-i18n
  • opendove-dev
  • opendove-users
  • openflowjava-dev
  • openflowjava-users
  • openflowplugin-dev
  • openflowplugin-users
  • opflex-dev
  • ovil-dev
  • ovsdb-dev
  • ovsdb-users
  • p4plugin-dev
  • packetcable-dev
  • persistence-dev
  • plastic-dev
  • plugin2oc-dev
  • potn-dev
  • reservation-dev
  • sdninterfaceapp-dev
  • sfc-dev
  • snbi-dev
  • snmp4sdn-dev
  • snmp4sdn-users
  • snmp-dev
  • spectrometer-dev
  • sptn-dev
  • sxp-dev
  • systemmetrics-dev
  • tcpmd5-dev
  • telemetry-dev
  • topoprocessing-dev
  • transportpce-dev
  • transportpce-users
  • tsdr-dev
  • ttp-dev
  • unimgr-dev
  • usc-dev
  • usecplugin-dev
  • vbd-dev
  • vpnservice-dev
  • vtn-dev
  • vtn-users
  • yangide-dev
  • yang-push-dev

You can subscribe to app-dev@... here:
Mail sent to app-dev may also be tagged with a #hashtag,  Hashtags have filtering and muting features built into Groups.io.  More information on hashtags may be found here: https://groups.io/static/help#features-1
To see a list of the hashtags that have been set up for app-dev, please see https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/hashtags
Hashtags will created for each list.

If you have any questions or experience any difficulties, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

wiki-archive.opendaylight.org maintenance on April 17th.

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The archive wiki will be undergoing maintenance to migrate to a new datastore on Apr 17, 21:00 - 22:00 UTC.  Status of this change may be found here:

The expected downtime is 1 hour.