Date

Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 22 - 25)

Brandon Wick

Greetings LFN Technical Community,

We wanted to make sure that you had the new format and dates for the upcoming LFN Developer & Testing Forum on your radar. The event was originally planned for the first week of June but has now been scheduled for June 22 - 25. Like the LFN Technical Meetings in April, this will be a virtual event.

As the principal technical event for the LF Networking projects, this bi-annual gathering provides the opportunity for each participating community to advance their project roadmaps and explore cross-community collaboration and integration points. The CNTT/OPNFV, ONAP, OpenDaylight, and Tungsten Fabric communities have confirmed their participation. Registration is required and we encourage you to register early. Please learn more and register at the links below and let us know directly if you have any questions or feedback. Thank you!
Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

OpenDaylight Wiki Maintenance

Casey Cain

Dear OpenDaylight Community.

The OpenDaylight wiki will undergo maintenance to resolve issues with the DNS namespace on Friday, May 15th from 14:00 - 15:00 UTC.
You can subscribe to updates and monitor the status of the maintenance here:

For any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

June Virtual Developer & Testing Form Topic Proposals

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone

There is an open call for topic proposals for the June Virtual Developer & Testing Form (Formally called the DDF).  Please submit your topic proposals here:

If you have any questions or need assistance please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

Register for the LFN TAC Webinar, May 12th, 10:00 AM PT

Brandon Wick

LFN Community,

Following last week's inaugural LFN Webinar, The State of Open Source Networking & the Edge, next week representatives from the LFN Technical Advisory Council (TAC) will be giving a presentation on the open source networking opportunity and the LFN projects. This will be based on the findings of the new LFN TAC Whitepaper published last week. We encourage you to join the webinar live and to ask questions. Registration is required!

May 12, 2020, 10:00 AM PT
Speakers: Ranny Haiby, Samsung; Abhijit Kumhare, Ericsson; Chaker Al Hakim, Futurewei; Davide Cherubini, Vodafone
Building the future open networks – How LF Networking provides the building blocks

The LFN Technical Advisory Council (TAC) is made up of technical experts from LF Networking (LFN) members who meet regularly to facilitate communication and collaboration among the 8 technical projects in LFN. The TAC recently completed a comprehensive whitepaper about the LFN available here: https://www.lfnetworking.org/resources/2020/04/28/lf-networking-whitepaper/. In this webinar, representatives from the TAC will review the major elements of the paper, including the role of open source in modern network design, how Linux Foundation projects may be used as building blocks for modern networks, project highlights, and an E2E use case. System architects, developers, product and project managers, network operators, system integrators, and more will learn how to approach and incorporate open source and LFN projects into their next-generation project designs and product roadmaps. Register Today!

Register Here.

See the full list of upcoming LFN Webinars here. Have a webinar idea? Please review the LFN Webinar Guidelines and fill in the LFN Webinar Submission Form.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

4/30 Webinar: State of Open Source Networking & the Edge

Brandon Wick

Dear LFN Communities,

Even though ONES North America has been rescheduled for the fall, we did not want to miss this opportunity to engage with our communities and the networking ecosystem at large. On April 30th at 9:00 AM PT, Arpit Joshipura, GM, Networking, Edge, and IoT will walk through the state of open source networking & the edge, and provide updates on critical industry initiatives such as CNTT, OVP, OPNFV 2.0, the ONAP Frankfurt release, Open Horizon, Google’s activities with Fledge, State of the Edge, EdgeX Foundry’s Geneva release and more. This is also your chance to be the first to hear the major LF Networking and LF Edge announcements for the spring. Attendees are encouraged to engage with us and we'll leave time at the end for Q&A.

Note: Registration is required in advance and you must be signed in to Zoom to attend the webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and we hope you can make it.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

April Technical Meeting Registration

Casey Cain

Greetings LFN Technical Community,

As you all know, we will be doing our upcoming April Developer Meetings as a virtual event T-TH, April 21-23, 2020. The programming committee is close to finalizing the schedule, and we will be updating information as it's available on the event Wiki: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/2020+April+Virtual+Technical+Event

This will obviously be uncharted territory for all of us in the community, and we're looking forward to learning with all of you how best to execute an event dedicated to collaboration in a virtual format.

One request we do have is that everyone who attends does register for the event. Being able to track metrics of our events is one of the KPIs we use to understand event success, community health, and how we're doing as an open source organization. It's also something our Board is eager to know after all of our technical events. Although we obviously can't enforce registration in the same way we do at physical events, we do please ask that you register at this link if you attend:   https://events.linuxfoundation.org/lfn-technical-meetings-spring/

It will also help us target any messages regarding logistics, updates, etc., directly to those who are participating.

Thanks for your understanding and help and I really can't wait to interact with all of you virtually in a couple weeks!

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

wiki-archive.opendaylight.org maintenance on April 17th.

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The archive wiki will be undergoing maintenance to migrate to a new datastore on Apr 17, 21:00 - 22:00 UTC.  Status of this change may be found here:

The expected downtime is 1 hour.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

You can subscribe to app-dev@... here:
Mail sent to app-dev may also be tagged with a #hashtag,  Hashtags have filtering and muting features built into Groups.io.  More information on hashtags may be found here: https://groups.io/static/help#features-1
To see a list of the hashtags that have been set up for app-dev, please see https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/hashtags
Hashtags will created for each list.

If you have any questions or experience any difficulties, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The Phase 2 migration has started.  Maintanence is expected to last until 17:00 Pacific Time.  The following lists will be forwarded to app-dev@....
  • aalldp-dev
  • affinity-dev
  • alt-datastores-dev
  • alto-dev
  • armoury-dev
  • atrium-dev
  • bgpcep-announce
  • bgpcep-dev
  • bgpcep-users
  • bier-dev
  • capwap-dev
  • cardinal-dev
  • centinel-dev
  • circuitsw-dev
  • coe-dev
  • coretutorials-dev
  • daexim-dev
  • defense4all-dev
  • defense4all-users
  • detnet
  • didm-dev
  • discovery-dev
  • dluxapps
  • dlux-dev
  • dlux-users
  • eman-dev
  • epc-dev
  • faas-dev
  • federation-dev
  • fpc-dev
  • genius-dev
  • gnt-dev
  • groupbasedpolicy-dev
  • iotdm-dev
  • jsonrpc-dev
  • kafkaproducer-dev
  • l2switch-dev
  • lacp-dev
  • lispflowmapping-dev
  • lispflowmapping-users
  • messaging4transport-dev
  • natapp-dev
  • nemo-dev
  • netconf-dev
  • netide-dev
  • netvirt-dev
  • net-virt-platform
  • net-virt-platform-dev
  • net-virt-platform-users
  • neutron-dev
  • next-dev
  • nic-dev
  • ocpplugin-dev
  • odlforge-dev
  • opendaylight-i18n
  • opendove-dev
  • opendove-users
  • openflowjava-dev
  • openflowjava-users
  • openflowplugin-dev
  • openflowplugin-users
  • opflex-dev
  • ovil-dev
  • ovsdb-dev
  • ovsdb-users
  • p4plugin-dev
  • packetcable-dev
  • persistence-dev
  • plastic-dev
  • plugin2oc-dev
  • potn-dev
  • reservation-dev
  • sdninterfaceapp-dev
  • sfc-dev
  • snbi-dev
  • snmp4sdn-dev
  • snmp4sdn-users
  • snmp-dev
  • spectrometer-dev
  • sptn-dev
  • sxp-dev
  • systemmetrics-dev
  • tcpmd5-dev
  • telemetry-dev
  • topoprocessing-dev
  • transportpce-dev
  • transportpce-users
  • tsdr-dev
  • ttp-dev
  • unimgr-dev
  • usc-dev
  • usecplugin-dev
  • vbd-dev
  • vpnservice-dev
  • vtn-dev
  • vtn-users
  • yangide-dev
  • yang-push-dev

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

Changes to LFN Zoom Community Meetings

Casey Cain

Hello, LFN Community.

As large numbers of people turn to video-teleconferencing (VTC) platforms to stay connected in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, reports of VTC hijacking (also called “Zoom-bombing”) are emerging globally. This is when uninvited callers suddenly join and disrupt meetings. To help protect our community from abuse, LF Networking will be making some changes to all Zoom bridge conference meetings.

Please send any questions you may have to ccain@....

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

OpenDaylight Magnesium Released

Abhijit Kumbhare

Hello OpenDaylight Community,

OpenDaylight Magnesium has been released : https://www.opendaylight.org/what-we-do/current-release/magnesium !

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for another successful release - especially as it comes in these difficult times of the COVID-19 virus. Particularly I would like to thank the following folks:
- Robert Varga & Jamo Luhrsen for holding the fort on the Kernel and Integration projects respectively.
- Luis Gomez for among other things his work integrating and interfacing with the self managed projects as well as for his work interfacing with ONAP for ONAP distributions during last 6 months
- All the PTLs participating in the release
- Daniel De La Rosa for successfully managing the Magnesium release
- Casey Cain for his various endeavors on the tooling side (Migration of the Wiki from Mediawiki to Confluence, mailing lists, etc.)
- Brandon Wick, Jill Lovato and Amar Kapadia for the marketing material

Also please check out the coverage of the release in the Q1 Networking Newsletter from the Linux Foundation that I have included below.

Best Regards,
Abhijit Kumbhare
OpenDaylight TSC Chair

Begin forwarded message:

From: "The Linux Foundation" <no-reply@...>
Subject: Q1 Networking Newsletter
Date: April 1, 2020 at 6:00:48 AM PDT

Q1 Networking News
LFN Welcomes 10 New Members

LF Networking recently welcomed new silver members A10 Networks, AMD, Codilime, Mirantis, Robin.io, Solutions by STC, ULAK, and Xilinx, and Associate members University of California San Diego, and University of Surrey.

“We’re expanding our member ecosystem in tandem with growth across initiatives that harmonize open source and open standards, enable automated testing and deployment, and further Cloud Native Network Functions as open source becomes more mainstream.” --Arpit Joshipura, General Manager, Networking, Edge & IoT, the Linux Foundation
Learn More
All LF Training Now On Sale

From now through April 7, all Linux Foundation training courses and certification exams are 30% off using code ANYWHERE30. This includes our entire catalog of open networking training courses, covering everything from DevOps for Network Engineers to courses on ONAP, OPNFV and more. ONAP certification exams will be launching in the coming months, so this is a great chance to get prepared. The LF also offers dozens of completely free training courses.
View Networking Courses
Magnesium Is Here

OpenDaylight Magnesium, the 12th release, includes two new projects, new features that help with service provider use cases, deeper cross-project collaboration with ONAP, and improvements in S3P (stability, security, scalability, performance). The new projects DetNet and Plastic deal with deterministic networking for performance sensitive traffic and model-to-model translations respectively. Magnesium also includes a JDK 11 packed with security enhancements.
Learn More & Download
LFN Mentorship Program Launches

The LF Networking Mentorship program is an invaluable on-ramp for college and graduate students looking to gain real world experience and skills in open source networking development, work closely with technical experts to grow their professional network, and enhance their resumes with tangible project contributions. Project opportunities include building a portal for ONAP Automation Testing; Hardware Delivery Verification Tool; ONAP Security Requirements; Conformance Testing for ETSI NFV APIs; and more.

Read the Blog
LFN Developer & Testing Forum Report Ready

The latest LFN Developer & Testing Forum took place in Prague, Czech Republic, from January 13-16, 2020, attracting 210 individuals from 60 organizations including 15 end user organizations. The event was a deep technical dive on LFN initiatives including ONAP, OPNFV, the Common NFVI Telco Taskforce (CNTT), and the OPNFV Verified Program (OVP).

Download Report
FD.io 20.01 Release Improves Multicore IPSec

The rise in worker mobility and increasingly complex multi-cloud architectures is escalating organizations’ reliance on encryption, putting computational strain on VPN products that buckle under the load. Learn how FD.io’s VPP Release 20.01 brings transparent, secure networking, and greater speed to IPSec.

Learn More
EasyCLA Automates Repo Access

CLA, or Contributor Licensing Agreement, is standard practice for establishing licensing and distribution rights in open source projects. EasyCLA, part of the Linux Foundation’s Community Bridge, is a tool for managing contributor agreements and software repository access simply and efficiently. Learn how this was rolled out for OPNFV community.

Learn More
ONAP 5G Standards Whitepaper

As an operator-led open source community for a next generation network automation platform, ONAP has been committed to the convergence of standards and open source since inception, and has promoted cross-organizational industry cooperation by publishing a series of whitepapers. Based on the latest version of ONAP Frankfurt, this latest article in the series focuses on solving the core technical issues of the commercial vision of 5G slicing.

Download Whitepaper
Member Spotlight: PANTHEON.Tech

PANTHEON.tech is a software prototyping company based in Slovakia specializing in R&D of network technologies with a focus on open source software implementation and development. Learn more in this quick Q&A blog post with COO Štefan Kobza.

Learn More
5G Cloud Native Network Solution Brief

This initiative brought together a diverse group of participating projects and companies to showcase a keynote demo at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019 of a 5G network prototype built on open source infrastructure including Kubernetes. Learn how this PoC came together and join us as we continue to push the frontiers of 5G cloud native into CNF onboarding, deployment, and more.
Download Brief
COVID-19 Impacts

The Linux Foundation is taking the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously and is following the recommendations of the WHO, CDC, and other expert groups. ONES North America has been postponed until the fall and new dates will be announced soon. In the meantime, the LFN Technical Meetings scheduled for the spring will be going virtual, and a new LFN Webinar series will be launched in Q2. Stay tuned for updates. Take care and be safe.
Got Questions? Email lfn-info@....
This email was sent by: The Linux Foundation
1 Letterman Dr., Building D San Francisco, CA, 94129, United States

Update Profile

New ONES NA Dates Confirmed for the Fall

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

We are pleased to announce that the new dates for Open Networking & Edge Summit North America 2020 are September 28 & 29. The event will continue to be held at the JW Marriott LA Live in Los Angeles, CA.

We are hopeful that the measures being taken around the globe to slow the Coronavirus will allow us to continue with hosting this event in person in September as planned. If however, that is determined to not be a safe or viable option, we will host the event virtually on the same dates. This decision will be made by August 1, 2020. Until then, we are proceeding with plans for the face-to-face event, and will be announcing the schedule next week.

These dates were the only option we were able to find and unfortunately overlap the scheduled dates for Open Networking Summit Europe 2020. Due to this, we are postponing ONES Europe, and will determine new dates in Q4 shortly.

We thank you for your patience and understanding while we secured new dates for this conference. Our sincere sympathies are with all those being affected by the Covid-19 outbreak and we wish for good health and safety for all.

Thank you again for your support and we hope to see you in Los Angeles. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

ODL Phase 1 Kernel Projects Mailing List Migration Complete

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

If you have any questions or are experiencing any difficulties, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The TSC has voted to consolidate Project Mailing Lists to improve list management.
This should be considered notification of Phase 2 of the migration.  If you were subscribed to any of the project mailing lists, you soon should be receiving an invite to the new app-dev mailing list.  Please make sure that you accept the invitation.  Individuals who are not subscribed to the mailing list will have all email moderated (to help prevent spam).

Phase 2: April 3rd, 2020 from 14:00 to 17:00 Pacific Time
In order to maintain an archive of the emails, all Project mailing lists will be renamed to "z.archive.<ProjectName>@lists.opendaylight.org" and then locked.  Emails sent to the original list name will be forwarded to app-dev@...
  • aalldp-dev
  • affinity-dev
  • alt-datastores-dev
  • alto-dev
  • armoury-dev
  • atrium-dev
  • bgpcep-announce
  • bgpcep-dev
  • bgpcep-users
  • bier-dev
  • capwap-dev
  • cardinal-dev
  • centinel-dev
  • circuitsw-dev
  • coe-dev
  • coretutorials-dev
  • daexim-dev
  • defense4all-dev
  • defense4all-users
  • detnet
  • didm-dev
  • discovery-dev
  • dluxapps
  • dlux-dev
  • dlux-users
  • eman-dev
  • epc-dev
  • faas-dev
  • federation-dev
  • fpc-dev
  • genius-dev
  • gnt-dev
  • groupbasedpolicy-dev
  • iotdm-dev
  • jsonrpc-dev
  • kafkaproducer-dev
  • l2switch-dev
  • lacp-dev
  • lispflowmapping-dev
  • lispflowmapping-users
  • messaging4transport-dev
  • natapp-dev
  • nemo-dev
  • netconf-dev
  • netide-dev
  • netvirt-dev
  • net-virt-platform
  • net-virt-platform-dev
  • net-virt-platform-users
  • neutron-dev
  • next-dev
  • nic-dev
  • ocpplugin-dev
  • odlforge-dev
  • opendaylight-i18n
  • opendove-dev
  • opendove-users
  • openflowjava-dev
  • openflowjava-users
  • openflowplugin-dev
  • openflowplugin-users
  • opflex-dev
  • ovil-dev
  • ovsdb-dev
  • ovsdb-users
  • p4plugin-dev
  • packetcable-dev
  • persistence-dev
  • plastic-dev
  • plugin2oc-dev
  • potn-dev
  • reservation-dev
  • sdninterfaceapp-dev
  • sfc-dev
  • snbi-dev
  • snmp4sdn-dev
  • snmp4sdn-users
  • snmp-dev
  • spectrometer-dev
  • sptn-dev
  • sxp-dev
  • systemmetrics-dev
  • tcpmd5-dev
  • telemetry-dev
  • topoprocessing-dev
  • transportpce-dev
  • transportpce-users
  • tsdr-dev
  • ttp-dev
  • unimgr-dev
  • usc-dev
  • usecplugin-dev
  • vbd-dev
  • vpnservice-dev
  • vtn-dev
  • vtn-users
  • yangide-dev
  • yang-push-dev

The following mailing lists will be renamed and locked without forwarding because they are no longer in use:
  • advisory-group (now LFN advisory group)
  • interns (Now LFN Mentorship Program managed through Community Bridge)
  • opendaylight-users (forward to dev with hashtag #help)
  • virtualco - project mailing list now a part of LFN to facilitate x-community collab.

Mail sent to app-dev may also be tagged with a #hashtag,  Hashtags have filtering and muting features built into Groups.io.  More information on hashtags may be found here: https://groups.io/static/help#features-1
To see a list of the hashtags that have been set up for app-dev, please see https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/app-dev/hashtags
Hashtags will be created for each list.

If you have any questions about the migration, please reach out to Casey Cain

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

The TSC has voted to consolidate Project Mailing Lists to improve list management.
This should be considered notification of Phase 1 of the migration.  If you were subscribed to any of the kernel project mailing lists, you soon should be receiving an invite to the new kernel-dev mailing list.  Please make sure that you accept the invitation.  Individuals who are not subscribed to the mailing list will have all email moderated (to help prevent spam).

Phase 1: 27 March 2020, 08:00 - 09:30 Pacific Time
In order to maintain an archive of the emails, all Kernel Project mailing lists will be renamed to "z.archive.<ProjectName>@lists.opendaylight.org" and then locked.  Emails sent to the original list name will be forwarded to kernel-dev@...

Mail sent to kernel-dev may also be tagged with a #hashtag,  Hashtags have filtering and muting features built into Groups.io.  More information on hashtags may be found here: https://groups.io/static/help#features-1
To see a list of the hashtags that have been set up for kernel-dev, please see https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/kernel-dev/hashtags

If you have any questions about the migration, please reach out to Casey Cain

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

NOTICE: ONES North America POSTPONED

Heather Kirksey

LFN Community Projects and Working Groups,

Each year, we look forward to gathering at Open Networking & Edge Summit to share information, collaborate, and learn together. Due to continual assessments and growing concerns around COVID-19, we have made the decision to postpone Open Networking & Edge Summit North America (originally planned to take place April 20 - 21, 2020) to this fall (August/September/October timeframe).  We expect that by mid-summer there will be more clarity on the effectiveness of control measures to enable safe travel to industry events like this one. We are finalizing the new dates and details, and will announce them as soon as possible.

We will notify attendees and sponsors later today.

We will also be sending out speaker notifications to all those that submitted through the CFP. Those talks that are to be accepted will be used for the event later in the year, and we will plan to announce the schedule in the coming months once event dates are finalized and we start to plan for the new event dates.

As you know several communities (CNTT, ODL, ONAP, OPNFV, TF)  had also planned two day technical meetings co-located with ONES. We would like to explore the possibility of doing a virtual technical meeting, if there is community interest in doing so. In order to facilitate this conversation, we would like to invite members from the affected projects to an open discussion at the TAC meeting on March 11, 2020.

We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work through this very fluid situation. A great deal of work and preparation has gone into the information and content planned to be delivered at ONES and we look forward to sharing it all with our community later this year.

Thank you again for your support. Our sincere sympathies are with all those being affected and we wish for good health and safety for all.

Best,

Heather

--
Heather Kirksey
VP, Ecosystem and Community

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program

Abhijit Kumbhare

Reminder to everyone - please check the email below and submit your proposals soon. As mentioned below, the deadline is Feb 28th and please try to submit it before that date. However the ODL TSC can reduce our review time of the proposal to allow you a week extension to submit i.e. March 6. So please get in your proposals latest by March 6th which is next Friday.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:39 PM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Today, we’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program. This is the first year we're bringing all community intern/mentor projects under the LF Networking umbrella to launch with an integrated program schedule and program operations/management. The Program is intended to provide a formal structure to connect mentors and student developers from around the globe to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building sustainable LFN communities.

 Why should you consider mentoring for LF Networking Mentorship Program?
  • You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive member of the community.
  • You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors,
  • You are eager to bring in new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
  • You have a narrowly scoped mentorship project with clear learning objectives/outcomes and a mentee's work and potential contributions could add value to the project or community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.
 I am interested in mentoring but how do I get started?
What are the elements the LFN Mentorship Program will implement to maximize mentor/mentee collaboration success?
  • Mentor and mentee onboarding will be conducted at the start of the Program
  • Mentor and mentee guide will be available as part of the Linux Foundation CommunityBridge Mentorship initiative
  • Project planning that includes deliverables, milestones, and tasks will be completed collaboratively between the mentors and mentees during the first two weeks of the program and posted on the wiki to increase transparency and accountability.
  • Mentee presentations will be required to sharpen both presentation skills and to cultivate the ability to provide constructive feedback and critique that’s the norm in the open source community for developing technologies collaboratively and openly.
  • Mentee evaluation will be conducted on a regular cadence tied to milestone deliverable schedules to help mentors and LFN staff formalize and respond to progress.
While mentors will be on a voluntary basis, the hired mentees will be eligible to receive a stipend. As an added bonus, each mentee who successfully completes the Program will be invited and financially sponsored by LF Networking to attend an event/conference and present their work to the broader community (specific event TBD but will be during Q3 or Q4 of this year or Q1 of the following year).

If you have any questions, please contact mentorship@...

We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the LF Networking communities.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

2020 LFN Governing Board Committer Representative Self-Nomination Period Open

Abhijit Kumbhare

Fyi.