From: Phil Robb <probb@...>
Date: Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Subject: OpenDaylight Demo & PoC Activities
To: Brent Salisbury <brent.salisbury@...>, Carlos Mantos <Carlos.Matos@...>, Dana Kutenicsova -X <dkutenic@...>, Gera Goft <gerag@...>, Jim Younan <James.Younan@...>, "Kyle Mestery (kmestery)" <kmestery@...>, Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...>, Madhu Venguopal <mavenugo@...>, Michael Payne <michael.h.payne@...>, Ryan Moats <rmoats@...>, Zach Brown <zach.s.brown@...>
Cc: Neela Jacques <njacques@...>, Nicholas Lippis <nick@...>

Hello Folks:

Please consider this email the kickoff of the OpenDaylight Demo and PoC workgroup.  I am having a mailing list created for us, but will use direct addresses until that is set up.  This list is currently made up of interested ONUG members (Carlos Mantos, Jim Younan Zach Brown, and Michael Payne), and interested developers from the OpenDaylight community.

I have created the following Wiki page as a start:  https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/CrossProject:Demos_and_PoCs

First order of business:
The first thing we need to do is ensure that I have captured the initial PoC ideas correctly and completely.  Carlos, Jim, Zach, and Michael, would you mind reviewing the PoC/Demo descriptions on the above wiki page and edit them as needed?  To edit the wiki you will need a login account that you can create one here: https://identity.opendaylight.org/carbon/user-registration/index.jsp?region=region1&item=user_registration_menu
If you would prefer, you can just send your comments/corrections back to this list and I'll make sure your comments are reflected on the wiki page.

Second order of business:
Once we have an accurate list of initial Demo/PoC ideas, I would like to prioritize what would be the first two or three that we would want to implement.  This is based on a combination of "wow factor", level of difficulty to set up (equipment access/configuration/etc), estimated effort and time to completion, and needed developers available to participate.  We can arrive at this prioritized list through discussion on this mailing list or via conference-calls if that is preferred.

Please let me know if I've forgotten something obvious or if you have any additional suggestions or thoughts.  Let's begin with the first order of business and move on from there as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance for your willingness to participate in this work group.  I look forward to working with each of you on some outstanding demos and PoCs.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions