virt + sp?

Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...>

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a hybrid distribution that is virt + service provider?

Luis Gomez

Hi Jiao,

I am curious, why would you want to have SP+Virt in the same edition? normally it is easy to build this your own but we do not recommend to use all together because it has not been verified.

BR/Luis

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a hybrid distribution that is virt + service provider?

Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...>

Can somebody point me the docs so that I can build virt + sp?

I am curious, why would you want to have SP+Virt in the same edition? normally it is easy to build this your own but we do not recommend to use all together because it has not been verified.

BR/Luis

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a hybrid distribution that is virt + service provider?

Madhu Venugopal

Luis,

I have heard it from others as well. They wanted Neutron integration & ovsdb with the SP edition.

Jiao,

Yes, it is not verified. But it is not too difficult to build them together.
Can you please let us know the primary use-case that you are trying to address and we will be able to
guide you through the build process based on that use-case.
(for example, are you interested in OVSDB or VTN or OpenDove from the Virt edition playing a role in SP edition ? )

-Madhu

On 4/22/14, 4:14 PM, Jiao, Fan wrote:

Can somebody point me the docs so that I can build virt + sp?

I am curious, why would you want to have SP+Virt in the same edition? normally it is easy to build this your own but we do not recommend to use all together because it has not been verified.

BR/Luis

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a hybrid distribution that is virt + service provider?

Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...>

Am interested in OVSDB and VTN.

Thx.

fan

I am curious, why would you want to have SP+Virt in the same edition? normally it is easy to build this your own but we do not recommend to use all together because it has not been verified.

BR/Luis

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a hybrid distribution that is virt + service provider?

Madhu Venugopal

Hi Fan,

Are you interested in OpenStack neutron integration ?

-Madhu

On 4/22/14, 4:37 PM, Jiao, Fan wrote:

Am interested in OVSDB and VTN.

Thx.

fan

I am curious, why would you want to have SP+Virt in the same edition? normally it is easy to build this your own but we do not recommend to use all together because it has not been verified.

BR/Luis

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a hybrid distribution that is virt + service provider?

Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...>

Yes Madhu, neutron-0.5

And I took it back – don’t care much about VTN for now.

I am curious, why would you want to have SP+Virt in the same edition? normally it is easy to build this your own but we do not recommend to use all together because it has not been verified.

BR/Luis

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a hybrid distribution that is virt + service provider?

Madhu Venugopal

Hi Fan,

In that case, all you need is to add the ovsdb.neutron bundle to the SP edition.

Please note that the ovsdb library, plugin & northbound is already part of SP edition (it comes via the Base edition).
If you want to give it a try, you can either build the SP edition in the integration project by adding the ovsdb.neutron bundle to the pom.xml.
(or) copy the ovsdb.neutron bundle from the virtualization edition and copy it into the plugins/ folder of the SP edition.

Luis,

Since I have heard this requirement from other folks as well, we can just add the ovsdb.neutron bundle to the SP
edition and it should work without any issues. I can push a simple patch to take care of that.

-Madhu

On 4/22/14, 4:48 PM, Jiao, Fan wrote:

Yes Madhu, neutron-0.5

And I took it back – don’t care much about VTN for now.

I am curious, why would you want to have SP+Virt in the same edition? normally it is easy to build this your own but we do not recommend to use all together because it has not been verified.

BR/Luis

On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Jiao, Fan <fan.jiao@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a hybrid distribution that is virt + service provider?

OK, I still have some questions here:

Fan, if you do not mind to share, which component of the SP edition would you like to use along with OVSDB Neutron bundle?

Madhu, even if I agree with you we will need to ask TSC first if we want to change the composition of any of the existing release editions. I can bring the topic to next TSC if this is really handy for people.

BR/Luis

On Apr 22, 2014, at 4:56 PM, Madhu Venugopal <mavenugo@...> wrote:

[...]

Make sense. Rather than we bringing this up we can ask the users to give the requirement directly. I will follow up with other folks who requested for the same.

-Madhu