Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [OpenDaylight][TSC][release] Fluorine SR3 status 13/06 - RC2 candidate sign off

JamO Luhrsen

In today's TSC call, Robert suggested a test where we just replace two BC
jars in Fluorine and test what the BC upgrade to 1.62 would look like.

I can confirm the upgraded jars improve the initial key pair generation
to under 10s which is the timeout our robot automation uses.

specifically, I measured 6-8 seconds over several iterations of the test.

Using 1.61, I measured 15-25 seconds over several iterations of the test.

I think it's safe to say that a BC upgrade would fix our robot CSIT
failures in Fluorine.

Is it worth our time and effort to upgrade Fluorine and release an SR4?

I briefly checked neon csit and did not see any case where we are hitting
this problem there. We are still using BC1.61 in neon, but there was a
an upgrade to our SSH in general after fluorine so it's likely that is
working better with 1.61.


On 6/20/19 12:31 AM, Luis Gomez wrote:

I am fine to release as it is, we can maybe add a comment in the release notes mentioning the BC 1.61 perf issue and the impact in karaf console SSH.


On Jun 19, 2019, at 11:57 PM, Daniel De La Rosa <ddelarosa@...> wrote:

I'm not sure that we will have enough quorum on tomorrow's TSC meeting but we could definitely release SR3 as it is since customers are waiting.. Do we want to just move forward via email? 

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 1:33 PM Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

On 6/18/19 1:31 PM, Robert Varga wrote:
> On 18/06/2019 14:47, Robert Varga wrote:
>> Right, but I don't have the cycles to drive this, so unless someone else
>> steps in...
> Honestly, given TSC's approval:
> AGREED: The TSC approves build 143 as the Fluorine SR3 build, pending
> CSIT jobs (abhijitk, 16:26:08)
> I would propose to just release SR3 and make it the TSC's decision on
> whether to release an SR4 with just this fix. Resource cost is *almost*
> the same -- excluding the version bump cost.

That's fair and reasonable to me. We can discuss the SR4 option on our
TSC meeting this week, and go ahead and get SR3 out the door.

> Regards,
> Robert

TSC mailing list

Join to automatically receive all group messages.