I believe that we can reasonably consider that TransportPCE will not be able to integrate the GA distribution of Sulfur. We could not complete the project migration due to many issues we are facing and that are
still under investigation.
The bottom line is that a rather important number of our functional tests are still failing, and so it is not possible to release with so many functional regressions.
On the other hand, if TransportPCE cannot integrate the GA, will it still be possible to integrate Sulfur SR1 or SR2 when problems have been resolved?
If I try to summarize the situation and issues that are still open:
- Openroadm models compilation (assembling issue - see my email of 2022-04-27)
- Link augmentation writing in openroadm-topology (see my email of 2022-05-02; under investigation)
- Feature odl-transportpce-swagger no longer effective (would have an issue with our GNPy yang models?)
- Run time issue to run some Junit tests (see networkmodel/src/test/java/org/opendaylight/transportpce/networkmodel/service/FrequenciesServiceTest.java, pce/src/test/java/org/opendaylight/transportpce/pce/gnpy/GnpyUtilitiesImplTest.java
in change https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/transportpce/+/100646)
- Possible other failures on functional tests not investigated yet due to the blocking issue mentioned above…
I let Gilles answer the question since he is in charge of this TPCE release.
We can put that at the TSC agenda tomorrow.
Thanks Anil .. So @LAMBERT Guillaume TGI/OLN are you going to skip Sulfur to TPCE? I can start with Sulfur SR1 code freeze as scheduled next week while Sulfur GA
is getting ready
On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 2:12 PM Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 1:45 PM Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
OpenDaylight Sulfur version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/sulfur' branch is unlocked and ready for development.
Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Sulfur.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - $project PTLs to submit release notes to Opendaylight docs.
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the Sulfur release.
Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.
This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.